FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Summer transfer targets

Doofer

With players like bayne and wyness likely to leave this summer and marius also, the club needs to invest in some decent proven topflight players.  The midfield is the strongest part of the team and i think that every other area could do with some additions. Who should the club REALISTICALY be trying to sign?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should pay for the world's first shoulder transplant for Brewster and get him back playing. If the shoulder is a success we should replace first his right leg with a much faster bionic one. Then we can work on the left.

We should put Bobby Mann through the toughest diet ever and then get him fit. If David Weir can do it at Rangers Bobby could do it for us.

We definitely need to slim Barry down a bit more to speed him up. Charlie Bannerman could help us here.

We should tell Rankin Brewster made a mistake and offer his old job back. I am sure there is a flaw in the SPL rule book we could exploit  to get him back on a free.

We should offer Markus a 6 month contract because he is tall, fast but recently had some unfortunate injuries.

There is no need to disrupt things.

Bayne's desire to go home should be refused. We should buy him contact lenses which focus solely on white things with nets dangling off them.

I would like us to sign Callum Reidford, the young keeper from Rangers on a free transfer as he could provide a challenging back up for Ikey.

I think if we sign Andrew Cave-Brown from Norwich he could turn out to be a good signing for us.

Andy Barrowman would also make a good addition to our squad and I think a defensive minded midfielder will also be required.

I see Steven Watt is beg released by Swansea...

Perhaps we'll offer him a deal?

If we're not playing him even with two first-choice defenders out injured, Brew can't rate him that highly.

Anyone for Bamba?

C?te d'Ivoire seemed to think he was pretty good up until a year or two ago. The talent's there, the lad just needs a good coach/mentor to bring him on down the road.

Can't see Watt coming.  And I'd be very disappointed if he was considered 'the answer' to Dods.

bamba has a lot of talent but needs someone strong alongside him.  Had we had Dods or Mann instead of Munro alongside him, I'd say sign him up.  Might be too difficult for us to control without that strong figure.  Still say Tokely should be at centre-back.

Watched Shiels rip the pi ss out of "Scotlands top two defenders."

We missed a trick there.

I was watching the game in the Bobbin with my Hibees pal and we were talking about how he is forever linked to us and Aberdeen. A lot of it was idle paper talk but if ever there was a player I wished we could have signed out of the ones linked to us then it would have been Shields. Criminally under used by Collins who never knew where to play him, he seems to be getting a good run under Mixu.

I've only seen Watt once in the CIS Cup match against Arbroath. He seemed very capable albeit against lower level opponents. I would like to see him given a one year contract.

He was playing in the reserves on Tuesday, and again it was against lower level opponents, but Watt was superb. Never beaten in the air (he scored in fact, great header), never looked troubled, not the quickest, but every time an opponent ran at him, he made a quick, clean tackle and started an attack. There must be something we're missing as he looks a top player.

Watched Shiels rip the pi ss out of "Scotlands top two defenders."

We missed a trick there.

I was watching the game in the Bobbin with my Hibees pal and we were talking about how he is forever linked to us and Aberdeen. A lot of it was idle paper talk but if ever there was a player I wished we could have signed out of the ones linked to us then it would have been Shields. Criminally under used by Collins who never knew where to play him, he seems to be getting a good run under Mixu.

good for hibs, bad for us, if collins had stayed then he may well have left and i would have been delighted to see him come to ICT, lethal finisher with pace, exactly what we need.

i would like us to sign a centre half (who or where from i have no idea), an attacking midfielder akin to Hart or Rankin, Juanjo, Barrowman, and Dobbie. Would have liked to see us look at Mensing, saw him play quite a bit at Clyde, good centre half and can play defensive midfield role well. Accies have him now though.

i would like us to sign a centre half (who or where from i have no idea), an attacking midfielder akin to Hart or Rankin, Juanjo, Barrowman, and Dobbie. Would have liked to see us look at Mensing, saw him play quite a bit at Clyde, good centre half and can play defensive midfield role well. Accies have him now though.

I can't think of any names myself but I feel we need at least:

1 x DL

1 x DC

1 x MC

2 x SC

A good creative midfielder is important for us. We miss Rankin badly these days. Apparently he is getting used in a more defensive role at Hibs than he was with us. At least he could take a corner (some of the time) unlike some of our guys just now.

I think the young lads coming through will do a job but we can't expect them to come in right away and just easily adjust to the SPL. Certainly would like to see a couple getting "blooded" for the final few minutes of a game if there is nothing to play for.

:017:

Guest TinCanFan

Here's the man ICT could do with buying to replace the likes of Wyness and Bayne.

[img width=500 height=655] r191841_723360.jpg