FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Barry signs new deal

Libero

I would have given him a year, but at Barry's age I guess a rolling six monthly deal is better for all concerned .... if he drops out of the team at some stage and doesnt figure in any plans then both he and the club can decide he can go elsewhere and there is no big fuss.

By Barry's own admission he needed a "kick-start" to get back into the side and was sent to St Johnstone on loan, and the last time Brewster was here he had to lose weight to regain form so maybe Brewster is using the contract length to keep him motivated ......

However, I am glad he isnt going anywhere else as he still has plenty to offer the team (when motivated).

I would have given him a year, but at Barry's age I guess a rolling six monthly deal is better for all concerned .... if he drops out of the team at some stage and doesnt figure in any plans then both he and the club can decide he can go elsewhere and there is no big fuss.

By Barry's own admission he needed a "kick-start" to get back into the side and was sent to St Johnstone on loan, and the last time Brewster was here he had to lose weight to regain form so maybe Brewster is using the contract length to keep him motivated ......

However, I am glad he isnt going anywhere else as he still has plenty to offer the team (when motivated).

yeah thats what i thought. glad he is staying

We've got Barry, Barry, Barry, Barry Wilson on our wing, on our wing,

We've got Barry, Barry, Barry, Barry Wilson on our wing, on our wing,

Barry! Oh Barry Wilson! Oh Barry Wilson on our wiiiiiiing!

Barry! Oh Barry Wilson! Oh Barry Wilson on our wiiiiiiing!

One for the future! :017: :017:

This is Brewsters chance to build his own team for next season by getting rid of all the deadwood.  But he has already bottled!

He shouldn't have been given a new contract, he offers nothing to the team and has earned his new contract!

One for the future! :017: :017:

This is Brewsters chance to build his own team for next season by getting rid of all the deadwood.  But he has already bottled!

He shouldn't have been given a new contract, he offers nothing to the team and has earned his new contract!

Huh?? Have you seen him play ever? Even if he never plays for a full 90 minutes again, it makes a huge difference to have him on the park.

Guest TinCanFan

Barry is old but he still has energy!

he makes an impact!

It's good to see an experienced player on the pitch!

Agreed, and for that reason I reckon that from now on, Brew should use him as an impact player who can be effective coming of the bench.

I dont like it.  He's should be either staying or going imo.

If earlier reports are to be believed then room to work within the playing budget will be at a premium this summer and this move is nothing short of a stop gap for the squad, even if it does work out and he stays in good condition then he's got next year max to contribute.

He wont be on a cheap contract, his 6 month deal could pay for an extra 12 or 18 months on top of Vigur's new one easily, looking at it from that perspective its a lazy and unambitious move from ICT.

Barry has made his mark with ICT and this summer wouldve been an ideal opportunity for him to move on or hang up his boots with survival assured and glamor testimonial in place.  We could be in for a long hard scrap next year and he may well not be upto the pace required, if Sutherland, Vigur's or even Rory shine then all would be free to move elsewhere in January.  This deal could cost us twice, not directly but Wilson would be taking up a decent chunk of the money that would otherwise have been used to secure other forwards at the club.

Well, Clacher, I am sure that the Board /Management , whatever, has considered all that you wrote and Barry Wilson deserved at least another 6 months for  his loyalty and past energetic, enervating performances.

And Redee if you think 35 is old what would you call 70?

Steady, now, this is not a trick question but your whole future might be riding on the answer. :029:

A good answer would be "older" :001:

Has anyone stopped to think that perhaps Barry wanted the 6 month deal. As Scotty says it allows him a get out and move to a lower division if it doesn't work out. Barry wants to play football. He is also interested in getting into coaching and would be looking at such a position if it comes up. His family are happy and settled in Dingwall and he doesn't want to up sticks and move south. The rolling contract will allow him to go to another job without penalty for breaking his contract.

Guest TinCanFan

Suprb news.. just out of interest what happened with Juanjo and the Ross County full bck we had on trial???

I was thinking about this yesterday too.  Brew said he was going to make a decision just after they'd gone but I don't think his decision has been made public yet.