News
    There is no UNITY without COMM-UNITY ///---///\\\---\\\ Please sign the petition at change.org CLICK HERE ///---///\\\---\\\ JOIN the Supporters Trust ///---///\\\---\\\ We need Supporter #TogetherNESS more than ever and to speak with one voice. Join the Trust today CLICK HERE ///---///\\\---\\\ https://www.ictsupporterstrust.org/join-us

Rory McAllister

martinskye

QUOTE (roscoe23 @ Sep 25 2008, 12:22 PM)

Waste of wages and deserves all the abuse he gets on the football field.

No-one deserves constant abuse from their own "supporters".

Agreed. Not only does it destroy a guys confidence it surely annoys team mates to see a colleague take pelters. They'll try and help him out but that can have a detrimental effect on the teams game as a whole.

"Don't pick me, I'm gash".

This just made me chuckle. Im sure some wish he would.

I really dont think his Bebo (or whats on it) is a problem. If he goes out on the Saturday after a game (im sure most football players and Caley players do) there isnt really an issue. Players in general usually get Sundays off for rest and recuperation anyway.

If he was doing it every day after training it would be an issue. He'd be away by now. If his attitude in training was lacking or he turned up late. He'd be sent packing. So far, as far as I'm aware, he's never been banished to training with the under 19s by any manager or coach.

The fact he has a Bebo is probably in that it's not as noticable as an Old Firm player so he's got it as a public profile.

He post pictures of him and friends out and about. Fairly normal behaviour for a 21 year old.

Maybe he does have stamina issues. If anyone will sort that out its Brewster.

Maybe he has a confidence problem or an inferiority complex around the 1st team. Hopefully Brewster can work with him on that.

He has ability there somewhere, he just needs to start showing it. If he doesnt he'll be cast off surely.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After todays reserve game against St Mirren I feel I really need to add some comments.

Firstly, even though I'm on the Supporters Club Committee. anything I post under the by-name of weeStie is my own personal opinion and in no way should it be taken as the opinion of other members.

At the game today Rory performed in his usual fashion and at H-T I suggested quite loudly he should be hooked if only for tactical reasons as he was in Greenock. This brought some angry looks from some of his colleagues. TOO BAD!

I have earned the right to criticise any player who consistently underperforms - after all, I am a paying customer and everyone at ICT should bear in mind who actually pays their wages - the fans!

Any player can have a bad game but Rory doesn't even try. He pulls out of tackles; he doesn't chase the ball or the opportunity; he seems to have no enthusiasm for the game and he gives the impression that it's always someone else's fault.

Now, I don't doubt he has some potential and our manager seems to believe in him and that one day he will come good. So why does he not do something about it. Someone should be taking him by the scruff of the neck and teach him how to tackle; how to take a tackle; how to jump (lessons from Blackie needed); how to time a jump; and, above all, set him an example in how to put in some effort - again, Blackie, Imrie, Duff are good examples.

Many of the players will know who I am and I am quite prepared to take pelters from anyone for holding a wrong opinion, but I am not prepared to accept pelters for exoressing myself.

Rory has had more chances than a lot of ex players with ICT and, I think it's time to start performing or GTF.

PS. I've no idea whats on his Bebo site as I don't go there.

Ali Williamson, ICT supporter and football fan.

Bebo is, like MySpace and Facebook, a social networking site. You put up information about yourself, pictures, videos and find friends you know and add them. Bit like having your own mini website.

Av got a Bebo! :rotflmao:

Its generally harmless blogging is Bebo. Alot of "no seen you in like an age" comments on others page or "last night was good" or "why am i not on your top friends section:(" All a bit silly.

For the older folks think friends reunited but new and groovy and free.

I only looked at his Bebo because everyone here was going on about it. And to my shock and horror and utimate disgust the 21yr old actually enjoys himself. The nerve! :thumb04:

I still say the jury is out. Why he manages to impress in pre season, look eager etc and then just lull is anyones guess but unless he looks like he's trying he'll end up out of footie working a real job dreaming of what could have been.

I thInk with Rory its down an overall ability problem, he has some skills, that is not in doubt, but whether they are good enough to let him make it at SPL level is the question.

We have all seen him score at reserve level but he lets himself down considerably when he gets his chance during his games in the first team.

The trouble with Rory is that his plus points are much fewer than his negatives, other players have weak areas, IE Roy Mcbains right foot, Russells passes, however both these players have greater plus points, Look at the brill goal Roy got in Aberdeen, and the work Russell does off the ball.

Rory in my mind has not got what it takes.

He was an alcoholic like 5 years ago and thats how he got released by Aberdeen, he's always out on the town aswell.

He runs really awkwardly and just doesn't look like a footballer.

He has only scored one SPL goal I think. He's only scored like 4 or 5 cup goals against minor teams.

He should've been out of this club at least in the summer. Waste of wages and deserves all the abuse he gets on the football field.

Ross, do you have absolute proof of that allegation. If not then please refrain from making slanderous and libellous remarks.

I very much doubt that if the lad was an alcoholic at sixteen he would be given a chance by any football team.

Edited by Alex MacLeod

Rory openly admits in previous interviews that his drinking and party lifestyle played a large part in his being released from Aberdeen. I think that is what roscoe23 was saying and not that he was an actual alcholic. Rory has also said that he had made changes to his lifestyle since signing for us to make sure that did not happen again. Just because he is on a night out doesn't mean he is always drinking or drinking to excess.

He is really frustrating because he can be dangerous and put the effort in when he wants but very rarely does. Hopefully the article in the Courier saying all the players recently given one year contracts still have to prove themselves for an extension will act as an alarm bell for him to pull out all the stops and realise his potential on a regular basis.

He is really frustrating because he can be dangerous and put the effort in when he wants but very rarely does.

Not much of a professional then is he! If he had served an apprenticeship and performed so poorly, he would have been shown the exit, so why not here.

After todays reserve game against St Mirren I feel I really need to add some comments.

Firstly, even though I'm on the Supporters Club Committee. anything I post under the by-name of weeStie is my own personal opinion and in no way should it be taken as the opinion of other members.

At the game today Rory performed in his usual fashion and at H-T I suggested quite loudly he should be hooked if only for tactical reasons as he was in Greenock. This brought some angry looks from some of his colleagues. TOO BAD!

I have earned the right to criticise any player who consistently underperforms - after all, I am a paying customer and everyone at ICT should bear in mind who actually pays their wages - the fans!

Any player can have a bad game but Rory doesn't even try. He pulls out of tackles; he doesn't chase the ball or the opportunity; he seems to have no enthusiasm for the game and he gives the impression that it's always someone else's fault.

Now, I don't doubt he has some potential and our manager seems to believe in him and that one day he will come good. So why does he not do something about it. Someone should be taking him by the scruff of the neck and teach him how to tackle; how to take a tackle; how to jump (lessons from Blackie needed); how to time a jump; and, above all, set him an example in how to put in some effort - again, Blackie, Imrie, Duff are good examples.

Many of the players will know who I am and I am quite prepared to take pelters from anyone for holding a wrong opinion, but I am not prepared to accept pelters for exoressing myself.

Rory has had more chances than a lot of ex players with ICT and, I think it's time to start performing or GTF.

After yesterdays reserve game I also feel I really need to add some comments.

I was disgusted at the abuse being shouted at Rory, a grown man verbally abusing a young boy at his place of work (and not for the first time) made me feel sick. Call yourself a supporter???

Tell me how you have 'earned' your right to criticise (especially so loudly)? Do you also think you have earned the right to be abusive? I dont think so. And I dont believe you payed yesterday, so there goes the 'ive payed so I can express myself' excuse. Who needs the away fans when there's home fans like that.

I had heard there was some idiot shouting abuse at Rory at the Morton game and yesterday I found out it was you! Tell me again what gives you that right? Oh yeah, was it because you have 'earned' it by being part of the supporters trust and buying a ticket? Doesnt wash im afraid. I wonder what police would say if you did the same to Rory on the street....

I dont blame Rory for lacking in confidence. If there were people abusing me like that in my place of work my confidence would go downhill too and I'm sure it would affect the quality of work I produce. If you hear it enough then you would start to believe it, especially someone as young as Rory.

These players are just trying to do their job, and I doubt the loud abusive opinions of some of the people in the stands is going to make them any better at it.

Its a shame these supporters cant just support.

I think ICT, and particulary Brewster, have let Rory down. We gave him false hopes, when all he was really doing was propping up the numbers of the Under 21's on the Bench. He should have been released long ago, to build his strengths at a lower league club, and then maybe one day have a crack at the SPL. Instead we kept him, and his confidence shattered! Moments of genius against Celtic were never to be seen again!

What he does in his own time is up to him - as long as the goods are being delivered on the pitch! They aint!

Every time I watch him I cringe, he's not tough enough, even the Clach players made his look very mediocre!

It's past embarrasing now! FFS, release the Kid! It's just plain cruel!

ggz - The Supporters Club and Supporters Trust are two seperate entities.

Mrs PB

Edited by Mrs Pauliebee

After yesterdays reserve game I also feel I really need to add some comments.

I was disgusted at the abuse being shouted at Rory, a grown man verbally abusing a young boy at his place of work (and not for the first time) made me feel sick. Call yourself a supporter???

Tell me how you have 'earned' your right to criticise (especially so loudly)? Do you also think you have earned the right to be abusive? I dont think so. And I dont believe you payed yesterday, so there goes the 'ive payed so I can express myself' excuse. Who needs the away fans when there's home fans like that.

I had heard there was some idiot shouting abuse at Rory at the Morton game and yesterday I found out it was you! Tell me again what gives you that right? Oh yeah, was it because you have 'earned' it by being part of the supporters trust and buying a ticket? Doesnt wash im afraid. I wonder what police would say if you did the same to Rory on the street....

I dont blame Rory for lacking in confidence. If there were people abusing me like that in my place of work my confidence would go downhill too and I'm sure it would affect the quality of work I produce. If you hear it enough then you would start to believe it, especially someone as young as Rory.

These players are just trying to do their job, and I doubt the loud abusive opinions of some of the people in the stands is going to make them any better at it.

Its a shame these supporters cant just support.

i agree, when you pay for a ticket to see a football match thats what your paying for to see a football match....where does it say on this ticket that because you have purchased this ticket is gives you the right to abuse another human. im sorry that is just pathetic and i dont care how bad someone is at something it doesnt give anyone the right to abuse them. weeStie i think you should re-think what your doing to the young lad...at the end of the day what your doing is bullying.

Edited by CaleyP

It's pretty obvious but I'll say my bit anyway, Confidence plays a huge part in the performance of a footballer.

If a player is getting a rough time off his own, there is virtually no chance of getting a decent game out of him. Whereas if he's getting SUPPORTED by his own clubs fans, then different story.

I think ICT, and particulary Brewster, have let Rory down. We gave him false hopes, when all he was really doing was propping up the numbers of the Under 21's on the Bench. He should have been released long ago, to build his strengths at a lower league club, and then maybe one day have a crack at the SPL. Instead we kept him, and his confidence shattered! Moments of genius against Celtic were never to be seen again!

What he does in his own time is up to him - as long as the goods are being delivered on the pitch! They aint!

Every time I watch him I cringe, he's not tough enough, even the Clach players made his look very mediocre!

It's past embarrasing now! FFS, release the Kid! It's just plain cruel!

ggz - The Supporters Club and Supporters Trust are two seperate entities.

Mrs PB

I've known Rory since he came to the club from Aberdeen. When he started as a "skiilie" he had a major attitude problem and his lifestyle in Aberdeen at the weekends left a lot to be desired. He has changed a lot since then but I firmly believe the club management at that time promoted him to a full-time contract too early and imo he has progressed very little since his early days. His main problem is that he can't finish one on one situations, even when he played at U19 level and he needs to drop down a level or two to get confidence. I really don't see him being a prem league player but I can see him eventually doing well in the lower divisions or maybe even a spell in the SHFL. How would you like it if he were your son being verbally abused? Nobody deserves that kind of treatment!

I never said I condoned the verbal abuse ? far from it!

I don?t rate Rory, but I haven?t and wouldn?t boo or abuse him at a game ? you have to support

the Team and those in the Shirt! What does shouting abuse actually achieve? Any Manager worth his salt

won?t change his tactics because of what he hears from the Stands!

There?s plenty other ways for people to voice their frustrations. I?ve made my feelings pretty clear on here.

No-one pays more attention to Rory?s game than Mr PB, he is dying to wind me up the minute he launches a 30 yarder

and hits the back of the net. Sadly, I think he?ll be drawing his pension first!

Players do have a choice though, use it as a positive and stick it to those dishing it out, or hide behind it as an excuse!

In answer to your question, if I had a son playing, I?d be encouraging him to go with the first! You have to be tough

mentally as well as physically, otherwise you may as well not turn up!

After all the stick that Hart got, he dug deep and played superbly in his last few games

for us, which I thought was a very nice parting shot! I heard a few saying they

wished he was staying!

Sorry, but I really don?t believe Rory can cut it. He can only hide behind

the ?but he does well in the Reserves? excuse for so long. He?s been using

it for the last few seasons!

He?s had more chances than I?ve had hot dinners ? time for him and ICT to move on!

I don't think Rory is hiding behind anything to be honest, it's us fans who have the debate about why he can perform (most of the time) in reserves, but not in the first team.

I think he has the ability...I've seen it, and we've seen bits of it even when he's played for the first team. It's my opinion that there's some kind of psychological barrier there, maybe a confidence thing.

When a player is on the pitch we can all be guilty of a comment or two telling them to get the finger out when they're not doing well or whatever, but I don't agree with hounding him when he's warming up and I think some people take it too far on here when they can offer nothing more than a "so and so is chit" and not back it up with why they think that.

People/fans get frustrated for whatever reason, and when that happens they look for the "easy targets" to vent on. I'm not saying that criticism of him is unfounded, but it baffles me that he gets such a hard time when he's not evening playing that much. There's players out there this season who have had worse days than him, and they get a relatively easy time of it.

I'm not saying that criticism of him is unfounded, but it baffles me that he gets such a hard time when he's not evening playing that much. There's players out there this season who have had worse days than him, and they get a relatively easy time of it.

The frustrating thing with Rory is that he proves his critics right time and time again. He's lazy and would lose a header to Zander Sutherland! He hasn't battled for the ball in any appearance I've seen. It's really frustrating watching him coming on..when you know exactly what's coming next.

Others like Duncan, Roscoe, Imrie etc have howlers, but then always seem to make up for it.

As I say, I think ICT have let Rory down. He's just not an SPL Player.

I'm not saying that criticism of him is unfounded, but it baffles me that he gets such a hard time when he's not evening playing that much. There's players out there this season who have had worse days than him, and they get a relatively easy time of it.

The frustrating thing with Rory is that he proves his critics right time and time again. He's lazy and would lose a header to Zander Sutherland! He hasn't battled for the ball in any appearance I've seen. It's really frustrating watching him coming on..when you know exactly what's coming next.

Others like Duncan, Roscoe, Imrie etc have howlers, but then always seem to make up for it.

As I say, I think ICT have let Rory down. He's just not an SPL Player.

My money's on both Rory and Zander going either in Jan window or at end of season. Sorry, but neither is or ever has been good enough for a 1st team contract.

Is abusing someone in their place of work not against the law? In a footballers case the pitch. If you went into a shop and started abusing staff you'd be asked to leave.

Fair enough there is alot more leeway at a football match. Its always been a place for fans to wind down and vent their frustrations and hand out banter. To take all that away would just be dull and overly heavy handed.

But abusing young players at a family club isnt whats needed.

If you feel the need to abuse anyone (why i'll never know) why not Craig Brewster for seeing ability which you dont. He's the one who picks him.

"My money's on both Rory and Zander going either in Jan window or at end of season. Sorry, but neither is or ever has been good enough for a 1st team contract. "

Absolute drivel. Have you ever actually seen Zander Sutherland playing? He's been OUTSTANDING every time I've had the pleasure of seing him on our wing. He's probably the most skillful, exciting player on our books. I'm baffled as to why he isn't used more. You my friend, are a fool. :rotflmao:

"My money's on both Rory and Zander going either in Jan window or at end of season. Sorry, but neither is or ever has been good enough for a 1st team contract. "

Absolute drivel. Have you ever actually seen Zander Sutherland playing? He's been OUTSTANDING every time I've had the pleasure of seing him on our wing. He's probably the most skillful, exciting player on our books. I'm baffled as to why he isn't used more. You my friend, are a fool. :rotflmao:

Zander has never been given a run of more than one game too impress. Why i don't know because whenever i've seen him in glimpses he has always looked ok. He's got quick feet, speed(which our wide players lack), good with both feet and he can cross. I've seen all that in just GLIMPSES from him. Rory on the other hand had a run of about 10 games in 06/07 when Dargo and Wyness did in their shoulders and he was crud then. Christie said he was scoring goals for fun in training but he never got a goal for the first team. Why he didnt get kicked out then i dont know.

Edited by ajsict92