FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

darren jarvie

strathyjags

Is this the same Darren Jarvie you asked about 12 posts below.

I hold my hands up and say I have never heard of him in all my puff.

Darren is the son of Jim Jarvie a former ICT director in charge of youth football and is indeed a former pupil of Culloden Academy. He is a final year PE student in Edinburgh and is doing a placement with us at Inverness Royal Academy. (He was also, along with Ally MacKenzie's son and Craig Maclean's daughter one of the three mascots at Tannandice v Rangers in 1996.)

He was on ICT's books for a time but then went to Nairn County and played for them in the Highland League. He was then loaned out to Edinburgh University although Nairn retained his registration. A complex set of negotiations then saw him go from Nairn to Strathspey who, I have heard reported, paid a touch over a grand for him since Nairn weren't prepared to let him go for nothing.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

anyone remember him from his ict days? seemingly he was at ict for 10 years from 11 to 21 and captained the reserve side for a season. we(strathspey thistle)have just bought him from nairn ,and wondered if anyone remembered him?

From memory he was skipper of the U19's during our first season in the SPL but he went to uni in 2007. Don't remember him being skipper of Reserves but having said that, the U19's filled in for some reserve league fixtures in those days. Big and strong so should do ok for you guys.