T in the Park

tm4tj

Mostly mediocre music, wind ,rain, noisy drunk youths, overflowing stinky loo's, no shower for 2-3 days, i'll stick to world cup final and a good seat with me mates in a bar.

Muse, Nutini, Kasabian, Vampire Weekend, John Mayer, Florence, Peas, Prodigy, Seven Sheds, Coral and Shambles, thats enough for starters surely, and for the young dudes, there is M&N's, Calvin Harris, JayZ, Guetta and that Dizzy Rascal fellow.............etc etc.

Even old gits like you and Alex are catered for with the Proclaimers, Madness, Echo and the Bunnymen, The Stranglers and Diana Vickers....

"noisy drunks, overflowing stinky loo's, no shower for 2-3 days".............soundsgreat, just like going to the game on a Saturday, but with less moaning.

Remember, you are only as young as the ICT fan you feel.

Muse, Nutini, Kasabian, Vampire Weekend, John Mayer, Florence, Peas, Prodigy, Seven Sheds, Coral and Shambles, thats enough for starters surely, and for the young dudes, there is M&N's, Calvin Harris, JayZ, Guetta and that Dizzy Rascal fellow.............etc etc.

Even old gits like you and Alex are catered for with the Proclaimers, Madness, Echo and the Bunnymen, The Stranglers and Diana Vickers....

Am hearing alot of good things about Arials Up who are headlining the BBC Introducing Stage at T on Sunday 11th July at 8pm.

"noisy drunks, overflowing stinky loo's, no shower for 2-3 days".............soundsgreat, just like going to the game on a Saturday, but with less moaning.

Remember, you are only as young as the ICT fan you feel.

You are the ICT fan I sit next to.. i refuse to feel someone older than me...

Reckon maist respondents to this thread are more likely to go for Tea in the (Bught) park

Not going to see Arials Up, H/Dee?

not in the country and got too much going on in my life just now

No heard from mannie for a while.. hope he's no up to his waist in mud and needing dug out!

Did anyone go and enjoy T in the park... looked cold and miserable from my couch as i sipped a large malt.

It was good. Muse were the best of the weekend, loud and proud Paolo Nutini was brilliant as always. Kasabian did the business and Madness were so professional. Scouting for Girls were decent as were Vampire Weekend. Eminem chap was rubbish. Florence is overhyped as well.

Caught a band called Black Mountain, now that's rock'n roll. The rain was bad on Saturday early evening and tents were flying around on Sunday morning. All in all, a good weekend, couple of stabbings and a fall from a flagpole, just the usual weekend.

oh, that Elisa Doolittle is a wee cutie, and she has a great voice.

It was good. Muse were the best of the weekend, loud and proud Paolo Nutini was brilliant as always. Kasabian did the business and Madness were so professional. Scouting for Girls were decent as were Vampire Weekend. Eminem chap was rubbish. Florence is overhyped as well.

Caught a band called Black Mountain, now that's rock'n roll. The rain was bad on Saturday early evening and tents were flying around on Sunday morning. All in all, a good weekend, couple of stabbings and a fall from a flagpole, just the usual weekend.

0014.gif Way to go, you, getting down 'n' dirty with the kids!

(Me = chaine-stereo.gif )

oh, that Elisa Doolittle is a wee cutie, and she has a great voice.

Everyone I've spoken to said Eminem was superb and stole the show . Its maybe an age thing :(

It maybe is, but standing on stage in a hoodie swearing at the audience is not my idea of music. The age thing is that he has had his decade, music has moved on and others are now doing what he started. he was about half an hour late coming on and a lot of folk went to see the Prodigy instead. I went back and fore to catch a bit of Mumford and Sons

On the other hand, everyone I spoke to agreed that Muse were the real headliners, absolutely rocking. Newton Faulkner did an amazing Bohemian Rhapsody party piece as well...........somebody described him as a one man Muse.

Check out some of the bands on BBC website or the red button on digital.

T in the Park 2010

Most entertainment of the weekend were the human jukebox guys, what a laugh, you had to see it to believe it, a live four piece band in a tiny caravan done up to look like a wurlitzer, and funny to boot. About 200 people chanting main stage main stage when they finished.

The Dukesbox, check you tube for them.

post-33-1278958734_thumb.jpg

Edited by tm4tj

This is worth 7 minutes of anyone's time deux-doigts.png

(I looked, but couldn't spot you in the crowd, tm4tj 0038.gif )

( secret.gif My son got the new Eminem album today. It's my duty to disapprove, but I must admit, I quite like 'Not Afraid'.)

I kid you not, here they are, by popular demand, the Human Juke Box live from Glastonbury this year.

They did a fabulous job of Goldie Looking Chain - Guns don't kill people, Rappers do.

Absolutely hilarious.

• 2 weeks later...

Am hearing alot of good things about Arials Up who are headlining the BBC Introducing Stage at T on Sunday 11th July at 8pm.

Their singer is my new boss......

Their singer is my new boss......

Yeah? The band seems to be riding the crest of the wave at the moment...