Sending off in goal scoring opportunity.

Alex MacLeod

Appealling is all well and good but the points have still gone, having just watched both penalty decisions again i cant help but feel the ref must feel extremely foolish if he has watched them back, neither were penalties. How long can scottish football go on with the old infirm getting these kinda decisions? anyone else else from around the world looking at these kind of decisions must wonder what kind of league we are in.

I sympthise with the refs. they got a difficult job. I have seen the incidents quite a few times now, and with both....i cant honestly say im sure one way or the other. In the Tokely instance....there are times when i do think it looks as tho he might have caught the player MILLISECONDS before the ball. The ref dont have the luxury of such facilities, he/she has to make a decision instantly. So in cases like this....i do feel sympathy toward the ref. Plaayers should be a lot more honest if you ask me

• Agree 1

Players should be more honest ? Naismith spends half his time rolling about in the deck these days. Sorry but that Ref was looking for an excuse to give penalties against us in the second half. Was someone from the hun camp in the refs room at half time?

Dont want to turn this into a witchunt against the referee from Saturday, but someone needs to take a look at his 'record'.

Euan Norris Penalties

2010-11

Kilmarnock 1-2 ICT - 1 (ICT)

Kilmarnock 2-3 Rangers - 2 (Rangers)

Motherwell 2-0 Celtic - 1 (Motherwell)

Celtic 3-1 Hibs - 2 (1 each)

Rangers 2-1 St Mirren - 1 (Rangers)

2011-12

ICT 0-2 Rangers - 2 (Rangers)

In 1 and a bit seasons he has refereed a total of 18 SPL games. In those 18 games he has awarded a penalty in 3 games, and 2 penalties in 3 more games for a total of 9 pens in 6 games.

5 of the 6 games with penalty awards have involved one half of the OF, and 3 of those 5 games involved Rangers being awarded a total of 5 penalties and Celtic being awarded 2 against them. ICT were the only team involved in a non-OF game to be awarded a pen by this referee (V Killie).

I make no accusations against this referee, but I have certainly formed my own opinion based on those publicly available statistics.

Video evidence is something that Doncaster has no say in. FIFA are the body who need to approve such. Indeed there are a couple of companies in the process of researching the feasability of such things.

The SFA are responsible for all scottish referee's and it is that body who needs to look more closely at the performances of refs.

Video evidence is something that Doncaster has no say in. FIFA are the body who need to approve such. Indeed there are a couple of companies in the process of researching the feasability of such things.

As far as I am aware, the ruling is that "FIFA does not permit video evidence during matches, although it is permitted for subsequent disciplinary sanctions".

The Scottish FA asked for this a few seasons ago to deal with diving and were denied. However, after the furore over Thierry Henry's "goal" vs Ireland in the WC Qualifiers and a few other incidents both pre and post World Cup, Blatter twisted in the wind once more and said it couldnt be used during the match but that individual associations could use it after the fact to deal with diving or other infractions. Seems there is mass confusion though with associations themselves not knowing whether they are allowed to review actual decisions and increase/decrease the severity of the referee's decision or whether they are - as has been said - powerless to deal with situations if the referee did not pick up on it .....

Simulation: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/scot_prem/8968115.stm

FA can upgrade/downgrade cards: http://www.footballwriters.co.uk/news/article/FA-must-use-new-FIFA-powers.html

Powerless: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/515343-foul-play-a-call-for-video-evidence-and-retrospective-bans

or maybe not powerless: http://www.mail.com/int/sports/soccer/247630-blatter-english-fa-punished-rooney.html

in other words ... and in typical FIFA fashion ... as clear as mud !

They also - after initially putting the research on hold - have allowed companies to come to them with feasability studies into the use of goal-line technology with a basis of allowing this at the 2014 World Cup. The goal line technology should be 90% accurate and send instant notification to the referee's watch

Goal Line Tech: http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/sport/Fifa_to_test_nine_goal-line_technology_systems.html?cid=30734882