FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who will Butcher try to get from ICT in Jan

CaleyTom

Right. What makes one think that any of the current successful players would want to move to Hibs anyway?

ICT are on the crest, despite a smaller budget, area great proving ground for all newbies and have integrity. That's a pretty powerful stance to encourage players with character to stick around. 

At least you have the feeling that you will get a fair chance to get into the first team and a fair assessment of your character and ability at ICT. But, since T B will now be under intense pressure to perform, then if I were a player under him I would be feeling really uneasy about my future at that club.

Further, with the cloud over his head to the effect that , IMHO, he must have been working on this move for months, how much would a player trust him now anyway? 

Let's face it, if the reservations we have on here about Mr Butcher's move have any justification,  then would the players not also have the same feelings.

I think Mr B's  day is over and he will just have to get on with it without attempting to raid our  larder... You know, if you make your own bed then you have to lie in it . :ictscarf:

• Agree 2

Josh Meekings is one of the best young players in Scottish football and will be a target for many. For a player of his age he has hardly put a foot wrong in a very pressured role at the back.

Graeme Shinnie is in that class too and was superb against Hibs, as all the TV commentators noted.

Garry Warren is a rock and would be first on my team sheet every week.

Billy Mackay is top scorer in the country yet can clearly get better.

What am I saying? They are all dross and not worth a penny....honest! 

All could be targets, but I would love to see them all with a cup on their Inverness CV at least.

Think it inevitable that Butcher will come back in January to raid the club the real concern is how many will jump ship that's why it's important ICT bring in the right manager now because if they don't we could have a mass exodus on our hands

Hibs can pay better wages than we can and its fair to say to those of us that have lived in both Inverness and other cities in Scotland or England that if we were to chose to live in Inverness or Edinburgh the majority would pick Edinburgh

Inverness's problem like Dingwall is and always will be its rural location, we will always lose players to central belt teams sadly

Dougal

As all players are under contract till at least the summer, the players should have no say if they go in January.

Toby Adgestein could go if given a contract offer from Hibs. His deal runs out in January so I hope he gets a new contract sooner rather than later.

The shifts the team have put in in the two post Butcher games suggest that they are dedicated to achieving something special at Inverness. I don't think they will be queueing to jump ship in January even if Hibs had the money which seems unlikely given what they've laid out on the various compensation deals recently. Billy can set his sights a wee bit higher than that. I think it is more likely that they will trawl the English divisions to bolster their ropey defence.

DD has it spot on. Hibs have blown a fortune in the last season on time wasters like James Collins and have nothing to show for it. Terry and Mo will be doing the same thing they did here. Free bes and loanees. Only difference is they wont have to settle for the 3rd or 4th option on the list. They will more than likely get their prime targets.

I really dont fear then coming after our players. Hibs paid through the nose just to get the Managerial Dream team they wanted. I will be surprised if any money will be left to spend (unless they have a clear out).

As said the players havent lost faith and they certainly havent lost their bottle. The last performances, Hibs with the circumstances and St Johnstone being a boagey team pay dividence to that. We are on the brink of making more history in our near 20 year existance. We as fans can all sense and I think so can the players.

• Agree 2

• 1 month later...

Who would want to play for Mister Motivator?

Yesterday - Butcher added: "We only had six subs because some were injured and I felt others didn't deserve to be on the bench.

"There's a few players in the first half whose performances said to me 'I'm not good enough gaffer, get someone else in'.

"I can't do that in January, but I'll do that in the summer. That was not acceptable. That was awful.

"They were going to have Monday off, but I've got them in now and I'm going to work them hard.

"It's baffling as to where that performance came from."

Who in their right mind would be motivated by such a person??? Even Derek Adams is not that demotivating or is he?

Who would want to play for Mister Motivator?

Yesterday - Butcher added: "We only had six subs because some were injured and I felt others didn't deserve to be on the bench.

"There's a few players in the first half whose performances said to me 'I'm not good enough gaffer, get someone else in'.

"I can't do that in January, but I'll do that in the summer. That was not acceptable. That was awful.

"They were going to have Monday off, but I've got them in now and I'm going to work them hard.

"It's baffling as to where that performance came from."

Who in their right mind would be motivated by such a person??? Even Derek Adams is not that demotivating or is he?

Don't see any difference in this style of management than what he showed with us when we lost?

• Agree 1

I always felt that Butcher didn't handle pressure or criticism well. Everything was fine during the good times, but when the chips were down he would become erratic. He seems to be losing the plot a bit with those comments. Expect him to start making bizarre team selections and cussing the fans behind the dugout next. Hibs have a long line of managers who 'lost the dressing room' and were punted shortly after. He better watch himself.

Perhaps he has finally woken up and smelt the same stench that the rest of the world could...that Hibs are gash and he has climbed aboard a sinking ship, honeymoon period is over - good luck Terry!

Hibs currently lie 7th and I suspect that anything less than a top 6 finish will be seen as failure at Easter Road.  Hibs entertain Celtic next week and one would expect them to lose.  Then in February they have just two fixtures which could be crucial.  Firstly they are at home to a resurgent County and then away at fellow strugglers Kilmarnock.  Failure to win either of those would see them move into March without a win since a narrow derby win on January 2nd.  I suspect that if that were to be the scenario, the natives would be starting to get more than a little restless.

Hibs are much improved since Terry and Mo went there. Acknowledging that isn't a crime.

But are they?  Before Terry and Mo went there they had 15 points from 13 games,  Since then they have got just 13 from 10.  Only 4 of those games have been against top 6 sides and they have got just 2 points from those 4 games.  Their apparent marginal improvement may simply be that they have had 6 games against the bottom 5 during that period. The only teams they have beaten are the teams who occupied the bottom 3 places when Terry and Mo took over.  They need to do a bit more than that to demonstrate an improvement.

• Agree 1

Hibs are much improved since Terry and Mo went there. Acknowledging that isn't a crime.

But are they?  Before Terry and Mo went there they had 15 points from 13 games,  Since then they have got just 13 from 10.  Only 4 of those games have been against top 6 sides and they have got just 2 points from those 4 games.  Their apparent marginal improvement may simply be that they have had 6 games against the bottom 5 during that period. The only teams they have beaten are the teams who occupied the bottom 3 places when Terry and Mo took over.  They need to do a bit more than that to demonstrate an improvement.

So e stats guy on twitter saying that Gary Locke won more points in his first 10 games in charge at Hearts than TB has won in his first 10 at Hibs.

• Agree 1