Take a look at this idiot

Alex MacLeod

The claim is Dingwall to Inverness in less than five mins.

The claim is that the video will show the drive in under five minutes, not that it took less than 5 minutes ...... its quite clearly speeded up.

The claim is Dingwall to Inverness in less than five mins.

The claim is that the video will show the drive in under five minutes, not that it took less than 5 minutes ...... its quite clearly speeded up.

Yeah but the implication is that it took less than five.

• 2 weeks later...

Such small cars in Inverness......Citroen seems to be a favourite.

Nice view of the Caley Park as you get to the end of the Kessock Brig.

If the video was for real I estimate his speed using a dynamically-balanced electronic theodolyte with a macro capacitor  and a desperately-dangled rubber cup as 150K.p.h  oops,  sorry 94 Miles per hour.  Don't you have any cops with radar guns  on that road ha?!

Got a speeding ticket 6 months ago - rookie cop stated that I was going 110 kph in a 60kph section, nailed me for excessive speeding -$360 fine--I nearly choked right there in the seat then gave him a piece of my mind.

He gave me look and walked away.  Spoiled my day. :008: :003:

Got a speeding ticket 6 months ago - rookie cop stated that I was going 110 kph in a 60kph section, nailed me for excessive speeding -$360 fine--I nearly choked right there in the seat then gave him a piece of my mind.

Try that in Ontario SP and they would not only have fined you, but also taken your license for 7 days and impounded the car because you were 50 KPH over the posted speed limit .... not that our highways move at the speed limit that often ... I am lucky to get to 50 KPH on my commute far less 50 above the limit  :015: :015:

But Scotty, Dear, come to La La Land for excitement. All welcome . :021:

I was doing 109.634552  kph over only about 80 yards  on a clear bright sunny day on the left outside lane of a three lane highway with all three lanes going the same way.i.e no danger whatsoever, with one car to my right (he got a ticket also ha! ha!), no cars in front and no cars behind--cops 350 yards away hiding in the bushes--my luck for me to get a rookie cop trying to make brownie points with his boss, bored stiff on a Statutory holiday .  Happens! :029:

The previous two times I got stopped on the freeway were by two older mature cops who gave me a warning in each case. That's 3 stops in 7 years---c'maaaaan ! A fella has to have a wee bittie fun now and then (PSSt --they didn't know I did 145 kph on the freeway in an 80kph zone a week before because they didnae see me  :crazy07:

I never go to work in the rushhour here for fear of falling asleep at the wheel .

Getting home on a Friday afternoon is a nightmare --if you don't get on the freeway by 11.30 a.m you can face doubling the time of your journey home. Answer? :002: I stopped going to work on a Friday . LOL

Aye Alex, too true....me driving for 26 years an' never once had police trouble (cos I try to be careful and law-abiding) and a couple of cops jumped out at me in a 10-ten house hamlet  in the middle of deepest darkest rural-est Perthshire that so happens to have a 30 speed limit and pow, I was goin too fast and got my first-ever points.... :019:

Connie--youi must have really scared them.

When I was much younger I got suspended for 30 days for having 17 points. I phoned the Drivers' Licence Section in the Capital  of British Columbia and asked to speak to the High heid Yin.T my great astonishment he come son the line in person.

On he comes and I said very politely, to the point of unctuousity. :016: Sir, my livelihood depends on my licence and I don't have any staff to do my work, could you please go a bit easy on me.. you can see I am not a dangerous driver ....like?

He coughed with embarrassment at hearing a grown man sob and gently murmured " how does 15 days sound?" Before the words were out of his mouth I was thanking  him profusely in case he changed his mind and we then got on so well that I suggested we have a drink when he next came over on the Ferry to Vancouver.Never herad from him agaoin ...what a nice wee mannie he was . :015:

Let me give you all a tip: cops are generally not bad and if you keep your mouth shut or be very nice when you do they often  end up looking for an excuse not to give you a ticket such as ..."Er.. I see your city work licence is out of date so I am going to give you a ticket for that instead of for speeding--saves you a $150 fine you know " or the good one when they caught me speeding on the freeway in the HOV lane (High Occupancy Vehicle) ..." Well, sir, you were going a bit fast there weren't you?"  "Yes officer , just finished work and anxious to get home to my  pipe and slippers by the fire," I reply .

Stifling a grin he intones gruffly..." well, I am going to give you a ticket for being in the HOV lane(  at 9p.m. at night, dry conditions, not a car in sight for 3 miles either way)  with no passengers in your car and I'll forget the speeding ticket--that will save you a lot of money,  you realise that...eh?" 'Well, thank you very much officer, that is very nice of you indeed .. blah..blah".  No use arguing-that's when they go all cold or throw the book at you. Women can use their charm , men have to use their brains.  OMG :029:

Well, I was very nice to these young policemen who were telling me how freezin cold they were standing outside in the cold entrapping wee wifie's like me; I offered to go an get them a cuppa tea and a bacon roll each from the tearoom to make their day a bit easier like an warm them up a wee bit......didn't do me any good unfortunately still got three-points and a fine, thankyouverymuchmadam  :029:

Connie

Scarlett's heart bleeds for you--I am sure if you had tried harder you could have persuaded them to  be kinder :016:

Rookies or young shavers in uniform are the worst. I can always tell  what mood they are in when they approach--one hand on the gun the other on the taser I know instinctively  things don't look good ansd that  if my pacemaker gets one  then I am done for-- so my wits are alert to quivering. Time to hunker down and bring out the big smile and keep the  hands on the wheel.  :001:

Detection is for Scarlet Pimpernels, Alex--but even our unique breed is human so when a photo of said young beauty ( and I thought by the maturity of her comments that she was at least 47  :014:) appears in the Rogues Gallery we shall see what we shall see ..... :003:

ALL traffic cops, the world over, should be banned - bad, bad men, pouncing on poor witless travellers (like me) on our way somewhere super-important and they try an' whart your best efforts to get there quick-like.

never been stopped for speeding - guess I am lucky - although I came close in March 2007.

Was in Windsor, Ontario for the weekend and we left early Sunday morning to come back to Toronto. Was driving a hire car as dint want to put the mileage on my own one so before i realised it was belting along the highway at 160 Km/h ... saw a cop car about 500 yards ahead hidden in bullrushes (or similar) and thought I was well and truly knackered. The limit was 100 and for each 10 kmh above the limit the fine goes up by several hundred dollars - at 160 I was looking at over $1000 and possible impounding of the car.

I slowed down, got in behind some other traffic and tried to look "innocent"  :023: ...... :015: :015: A couple of minutes later, the cop car is driving alongside me (at 60 Km/h) and when I look over, the cop is smiling and just wags his finger at me and mouths the words "slow down ***hole" .... i gave him the thumbs up and he drives off .... what a lucky escape. I guess he didnt fancy the paperwork that early on a sunday morning.