FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

If you could change ONE thing at ICT?

SMEE

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I win the lottery and build the "CaleyD Corner Pod" with my penthouse flat and helicopter pad, I'll make sure and add some luxury seating for matchdays and the ladies would be welcome to use them for the reserve matches so long as I get a cuppa and a bit of cake in return.

Immediately introduce overseas broadcasting via satellite, including the option of selecting  paytv video, to all ex-patriates wherever they may lurk  in the world; with 20% of the action going to Caley D and Scotty ---retroactively----for their work in creating this fine and entertaining site.

:002:

I would relocate them to Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane - make a home game easier to get to.

steady.

how they gonna play there when they have already moved to BMO field in Toronto  :015: :015:

Guest Tea_And_Pies

I would get a new clubshop which actually stocks Caley Thistle strips all year round (and scarfs for that matter).

The food situation is ridiculous also. Why don't they buy pies from a local place instead of some cheap place out of Inverness?!??! The pies are the worst i've tasted and we have some of the best bakers in town. And we need a local burger van outside instead of Aberdeen based one that charges almost ?10 for a burger and chips and is only there for old firm games.

The police need to stop peeps parking along the main road and away fans urinating outside the ground in front of kids.

There are a few things that are so backwards for a team thats supposed to be in the SPL.  :007:

Oh Soz, was it supposed to be ONE thing.......ah well....

Used to get delish bridies back in the lower league days at TCS, but was different caterers back then. Its amazing how many times the catering issue comes up, so its obviously a bug bear. Be nice of the club took note of the wishes of its customer base.

A Supporters Trust that is FREE for all supporters/fans to join.

What are the benefits of being a member of the trust? I assume it costs mazoola?

If the trust was free where would thye get funds? Can't say a fiver a year for a share in the club is too much to pay.

Benifits:- Discount in shop. Priority for tickets. A voice on the board. To name just three.

A Supporters Trust that is FREE for all supporters/fans to join.

What are the benefits of being a member of the trust? I assume it costs mazoola?

If the trust was free where would thye get funds? Can't say a fiver a year for a share in the club is too much to pay.

Benifits:- Discount in shop. Priority for tickets. A voice on the board. To name just three.

If the Trust are relying on membership fees to raise funds/operate then they'd be as well packing up the whole thing now.  As it is, they don't, and they have done a great job of raising funds through the events etc they run and I'm sure that will continue and grow.

It's not ?5/year, it's ?10.

Shop discount and priority tickets are already available to a vast majority of fans through them being season ticket holder, shareholder or centenary club member.

The Trust have no representation on the club board.

The thing is, the bigger the Supporters Trust, the more representative it is of the fans, the more people it has to attract to fund raising events, the larger the voice and the more likely they are to get that seat on the Board of Directors.

A lot of people remain cynical of the benefits of being a Trust Member and will never part with a penny to join, they therefore never get a chance to attend the meetings or AGM to find out what it is about and buy in to the idea.

Open the doors, invite everyone in and remove all obstacles....only then will the Supporters Trust realise it's full potential in being a voice for ALL fans.  If people wish to make a donation, then so be it, allow them to do that by choice and not by necessity.

Many people on here will argue that when it comes to football attendances they are too expensive and it is better to have 5000 people pay ?10 than 2500 paying ?20 as you benefit from the other stuff.....I make the same argument in support of making the Trust free for all to join.  Better to have 3000 members all contributing to the organisation than just a few hundred, and if that means giving up a couple of thousand a year in membership fees then I'm sure it will be recouped several times over in other areas.

Apologies....it is ?10 not ?5 (thats the supporters club)

Not every fan is a member of centenary nor shareholder nor season ticket holder so if they are only a trust member then they will benifit.

One of the aims of the Trust is to seek representation on the board. To do that they need to build a decent share holding. It will happen.

What gets me is the way Inverness folk seem to be even tighter than Aberdonians. ?10 is the annual membership fee of most clubs across britian and some are even more...Exeter ?24, Lincoln ?20, Grimsby ?15. Is a tenner a year really such an extortianate amount.

A lot of people remain cynical of the benefits of being a Trust Member and will never part with a penny to join, they therefore never get a chance to attend the meetings or AGM to find out what it is about and buy in to the idea.

Why should anyone get to attend meetings of any form of membership club if they dont become members. I drink in the Caley club but am not a member so wouldn't expect to be allowed to attend meetings. As for finding out what its all about check the website, ask the committee, check other Trust's websites. But in support of what you say perhaps the Trust could organise an open meet for people who want to fact find. Like yourself I was at the very first meeting and, to be honest, the turnout was pretty dire so would it work a couple of years down the line?

I think the main reason people are cynical is because this trust wasn't formed, like many others, to save a club but instead was formed to help dissolve the members club and to build a fans stake in ICT.

Apologies....it is ?10 not ?5 (thats the supporters club)

Not every fan is a member of centenary nor shareholder nor season ticket holder so if they are only a trust member then they will benifit.

One of the aims of the Trust is to seek representation on the board. To do that they need to build a decent share holding. It will happen.

It would happen a lot faster if the Supporters Trust had more members, and as such was more representative of the fans and gave people the confidence to sign over their proxy to the Trust.

What gets me is the way Inverness folk seem to be even tighter than Aberdonians. ?10 is the annual membership fee of most clubs across britian and some are even more...Exeter ?24, Lincoln ?20, Grimsby ?15. Is a tenner a year really such an extortianate amount.

Doesn't matter if it's ?50, ?25, ?10 ?5 or ?1....I am of the opinion that it is an unnecessary obstacle and one which is holding back the Trust from realising it's potential.  I don't personally feel ?10 is a lot of money, but you can be sure their are others out there who would far rather spend it on something else and use it as an excuse to dismiss the idea of joining.  This is a line that I had thrown at me at one of the previous Trust meetings when it was suggested that I be given my ?10 back and told to go home.  It was noted that the idea of removing the joining fee would be discussed and brought up at the next AGM.  Unfortunately I was unable to attend the AGM just passed, so I cannot confirm what the outcome was of that discussion or the vote that should have taken place.

Why should anyone get to attend meetings of any form of membership club if they dont become members. I drink in the Caley club but am not a member so wouldn't expect to be allowed to attend meetings. As for finding out what its all about check the website, ask the committee, check other Trust's websites. But in support of what you say perhaps the Trust could organise an open meet for people who want to fact find. Like yourself I was at the very first meeting and, to be honest, the turnout was pretty dire so would it work a couple of years down the line?

Is the concept of being inclusive instead of exclusive so alien to everyone that they feel that if they are giving people something then they must have something in return, even if it's not needed?  Granted, that works two ways, but the Trust have it within their ability to change that way of thinking among ICT fans in relation to both themselves and the club....ok, you'll get those who will take advantage of it, but you'll also get far more who will appreciate the gesture and those are the people who will help if and when it is needed.

I think the main reason people are cynical is because this trust wasn't formed, like many others, to save a club but instead was formed to help dissolve the members club and to build a fans stake in ICT.

The Trust was not formed to help dissolve the members club.  The Members Club was a closed shop of a very small minority who carried a fairly significant voice.  The Trust was formed to create a society which would be open to ALL members and had the aim of giving everyone a voice.  It was never at any time prior to or during the setting up of the Trust certain that the Members Club were even interested in transferring their shares/voting right, let alone had taken any action to instigate the creation of an alternative body for the holding of those rights.

As it happened that was something that did eventually happen, but I'm not even sure the majority of fans know that the Members Club was dissolved or that the 12.5% (I think) voting right was transferred to the Supporters Trust.

History does show that the largest Supporters Trust are born out of a crisis at the respective clubs and many of these Trusts have ongoing financial commitments as a result of bailing their teams out of a financial hole...hence the reason why some of them have such large membership fees.  But we aren't in that situation and we have no desperate need to be building up a huge bank balance.

I am a strong believer in the principle of Supporters Trusts and everyone who is able to join should join.  However, the Trust also has a responsibility to make it as easy and as affordable as possible in order to open it up to everyone and remove all excuses practical for people not to join.  At this moment in time I am of the opinion that the existence of a membership fee cannot be justified, certainly not on the grounds of "we need the money".

The day may come when the Trust will be in a situation that every penny they can bring in is desperately needed, but surely the best preparation for that is to have as many people on board as possible in advance....even better if you can have EVERYONE on board.  If the 5hit ever does hit the fan, surely it's better to have a list of a few thousand members who know the Trust and how it works who you can contact quickly instead of just a few hundred.  That's the reason this country invests so heavily in a Territorial Army...they hope the day never comes when they are needed, but if and when it does they are ready to hit the ground running.  In the meantime, you have a large society with one **** of a voice which helps reduce the risk of problems happening in the first place.  It also accelerates the potential to grow the shareholding and adds value to the ICT Community which in turn grows the number of fans and grows the size/strength of the Trust.

Something needs to kick start the process and the Trust are far better placed to do that than anyone else.