FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Celtic : matchday thread

Scotty

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought Rooney might have been given a shout ahead of Wood up front and think we'll miss the creative runs forward from Vigurs.

Assuming Imrie and McBain are wrong way round on the lineup, as are Black and Duncan.

Not surprised to see the 4-5-1, as much as I might have liked to see us go for it and be more attacking.

quite happy with how we are doing so far. we dont have much up front (sorry Garry) but we are working hard and defence for the most part looking somewhat more solid than usual

open all mics also appears to be working.

McManus should have been booked for that tackle on Imrie .... **** stuck a leg out ..... far more clearcut than Black's booking !!!

Great FK from Imrie though - so close.

..... far more clearcut than Black's booking !!!

OK .... will give the ref that one. With Brines at the helm, Black could easily have walked for the mistimed tackle/kick at Maloney. Think that makes him a shoe-in to be subbed during second half.

ICT doing well I think, again we seem to be playing with passion...although Black is perhaps taking that a little too far and needs to be careful of the errors creeping in as a result....could very well see Vigurs taking his place after the break.

Had visions of us losing a late goal before the break, but we've held strong and I hope Woods can keep his head after the miss, because if we keep doing what we're doing then he's going to get another couple of chances before the game is over.

Decent half.... Can't believe Wood missed that? Blackie is lucky to stay on the park, think a change may be required to make sure we have 11 men on the park! Mind you we won with 10 the last time..... More in the 2nd half please with our shooting boots on!

Bit annoyed, they dont have it on the rigs TV, and I cant get a decent enough connection or find a decent place to watch the match online. Plus, dont think they would be happy me stealing all the bandwidth.

Also, its a Dutch connection so cant get the feed!

For me that was a good positive first half from the lads, not content to sit back in numbers and stiffle celtic, they have taken the game to them at times getting the two best chances of the half with Imries free kick and Woods chance, think Black is lucky to still be on the pitch and as CaleyD says needs to be very carefull, we dont want to be a man down for obvious reasons. All in all so far would be happy to see much the same in the second half and with abit of luck could nick it.

This has had the look of a 0-0 rite from the off. Although Gary Wood could have - no should have - cancelled that prediction. We have two teams with little up front and cancelling themselves out in midfield. But we are the better team at half time but we have to change tactically.

The positives are that we are working our socks off, pressing all the time and holding a high line - the only way Cellic look like scoring is from a set piece or through Maloney - but to be honest the same can be said fer us but insert Cowie.

Tokely is sticking to his full back spot and doing very well, Munro and Maguire have strolled through the game, Hastings has not got a feckin clue going forward and I hope Strachan doesnt play McGeady as he has done with Maloney.

Imrie is having a cracker, working hard, sharp passing, running at men and giving Rosscoe a lot of support and only a great Boruc save stopped him scoring a 25 yard cracker of a free kick, Duncan is back to where he belongs - Black should have clearly had two yellow cards and shouldnt be on the park - he appears to be having one of his brainstorming days - I wouldnt be surprised if Brew hooks him - McBain is invisible - get Vigurson and let him run at Loovens - who looks really shaky but not being tested.

Cowie is back at his best - he is taking Naylot and Crosas to the feckin cleaners and they are clearly worried by his pace - if only he had some support. May be harsh but Wood is totally out of his league and his miss was a feckin sitter.

So I would hook Black as he is on the edge - and take McBain into the middle - bring on Vigurs and let him run at Loovens. I would hook Wood in 10-15 minutes and take on Rooney. If the game keeps going as it is I would love to hook McBain late on and see what Wilson could do on the right and push Cowie forward.

I texted my mate Stevie, a manky mob affiliate, to ask him his opinion of the game so far. He says:

"F*cken awful. I hate playin youse. Always a hard game at that narrow wee ground."

Note the shocking standard of Chick Young-style written english characteristic of the uneducated masses of the central belt. Also, notice him grasping at straws with his excuse for them not winning so far. I have pointed out to him that our pitch has the same dimensions as theirs.