FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Looks like we are stuck with the clown

SMEE

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jim duffy or steven pressleyas a player/man

Jim Duffy's too old to be a player/manager. Besides we've got McGuire to come back in central defence... :thumb04: ...maybe Duffy could play on for a season then :rotflmao:

Seriously, I think Pressley as manager and Duffy assisting him I could really go for. I like our habit of taking on young hungry managers and apparently Duffy is a good coach with extensive knowledge on the game. Could work!

I'm pretty sure his wage demands may be to high, but I would have had Duffy as assistant manager to Brew. Or even the other way round. Throwing Brewster in at the deep end without a real qualified experienced coach to show him the ropes was plain stupid.

Jim Duffy's too old to be a player/manager. Besides we've got McGuire to come back in central defence... :thumb04: ...maybe Duffy could play on for a season then :rotflmao:

Seriously, I think Pressley as manager and Duffy assisting him I could really go for. I like our habit of taking on young hungry managers and apparently Duffy is a good coach with extensive knowledge on the game. Could work!

I'm pretty sure his wage demands may be to high, but I would have had Duffy as assistant manager to Brew. Or even the other way round. Throwing Brewster in at the deep end without a real qualified experienced coach to show him the ropes was plain stupid.

Chris that never happened Park was here when Brew came back

Chris that never happened Park was here when Brew came back

Pardon me, I was referring to the first stint.

Park was indeed there second time, and while there we did extremely well under Brewster. Park left, and there was no experienced coach to guide Brewster. Hence pish results and pish football.

Do you have any idea what your talking about chris?

Probably not.

Pressley is not going to be playing for Randers much longer - not sure if he's lost it, the season is near ending, wages or what, but I'd imagine he would jump at the chance to manage an SPL club.

Similarly, I think football is in Duffy's blood. I couldn't see him turning us down either, although I like the novice manager with an old head beside him approach.

Pressley is not going to be playing for Randers much longer - not sure if he's lost it, the season is near ending, wages or what, but I'd imagine he would jump at the chance to manage an SPL club.

Similarly, I think football is in Duffy's blood. I couldn't see him turning us down either, although I like the novice manager with an old head beside him approach.

Yup, Duffy knows the Scottish game inside out. Think he would make an excellent coach.

New contract? What makes you think that the terms will be favourable to Brew.?Maybe not and this may be the Board's way to depress him and make him think seriously about the team's record.

I ,however, think that that is NOT the case and the contract may be the same or slightly better for him if presented.

I also do not think that a new contract should be offered at this time and a frank discussion should be held ensuring that the Manager knows that if things continue then his job may be in jeopardy. And this in the knowledge that some folk think that it is not all his fault.

To be quite frank many other teams would have stopped the rot before now by cutting the tie to the current manager because there is a lot at stake and if this continues it cannot be long before the team faces actual relegation.IMHO.

So indeed he is probably being shown loyalty by the club. I have to say that.

But for how long now?

Brew's contract may not be what he expected. And he may be depressed!

If Brew's any sense, he'll bite their hand off at the first chance of an offer. What other sizable club would take him?

The Pimple makes a good observation, that negotiations arebeing opened to make Brew think about his options, strategy and career.IMHO he has been shown a heck of a lot of support by board, fans and team, and has fallen short of what he has the resources to deliver.

If he is offered a contract at this stage, it will be a seriously bad decision. If he manages to keep us up at worst, or mid table or even, hope against hope get us top 6, well and good. But he has everything to prove.

If I did not have a season ticket, I can guarantee that I would have stopped going before now based on home form. If I am to renew, come June, I will want to have seen a good few winning perfomances... and quite frankly, I dont give hoot who the manager is.

What if the BoD were to renew Brewsters contract?... Although not as a manager, as DoF. That way we won't be too out of pocket as Bennet obviously isn't earning a penny from the club (5th Stand :rotflmao: ) and we'd only have to pay off Malky.

He will do well to earn a better or any contract given the abysmal performances his team selections and tactics are offering the fans of this club. He is slowly but surely losing fans faith in him one by one as his tactical nous is being put to the test, and failing miserably.