FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Zadi Gone or Not (merged)

Guest birdog

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And one other thing, now that all the "traditional" centre back defensive numbers have been taken (2,3,4,5,6), that could mean that Brew's defensive signings are over.

I'd like to think Brew has confidence in Kerr and Duff should injuries and suspensions hit us hard. They've looked accomplished when i've seen them, and a lot better with distribution than many of our first pick defenders!

"we already have McBain who proved more than capable of covering at Left Back." :018:

McBain was awful when he played there last season. He got pushed of the ball far too easily and his clearences were light weight. He is a central midfielder pure an simple.

Zadi will offer us something different at the back, and some much required height, and he will be a bit more burly compared to McGuire and Proctor. I never want to see McBain at left back again.

rig, not all County fans were against him, some thought he was great,

Erm, I never said all County fans were against him did I? Certainly the picture they paint doesn't fill me with excitement or reassure me. But like I say I think this signing will split fans and that seems to be the case.

Erm, I never said you did say that, paranoia creeping in. I said that not all County fans are saying the aforementioned..... but you are doing your best to undermine his potential at ICT.  Check out the Jailender and they are not all spouting p!sh..........only the bitter ones and they are easily spotted.

It's all in the spin you put on it...............and that includes the fans as well as the media.

Erm, I never said you did say that,

This could go on a while!

but you are doing your best to undermine his potential at ICT.

I'm doing my best not to get carried away with this signing which isn't overly ambitious for me and doesn't add anything particularly new to our squad. More to come hopefully.

:015: It could go on a while.................he is about as ambitious as a club like ICT are prepared to go without breaking the bank.

Name me a realistic person we could approach within our budget and the fans would accept as a decent signing...........three to give me a mean..........................not easy to keep this lot happy.........but all other spl boards are filled with the same horror stories.

Lionel is one of those players where he can be so bad at times you laugh instead of cry.

Also he can be one of those players who can rip the whole right side of a team apart, the season before we were relegated we were playing away to Brechin and anyone who is familiar with the pitch will know it slopes, this was great for Lionel as he could hump it up the pitch and catch it before it went out  :015:

His positional sense is diabolical, maybe this is due to his lack of English, but he always seemed to drift into central defence when he was meant to be a left back, on many occasions a right winger would just hug the line against us and put in cross after cross.

With Zadi you will never know what he is going to do, and if its anything, dont think he has a clue sometimes.

The going up for a header with closed eyes is something you will become used to in time.

Occasionaly he will have a wonder strike from 30 yards,

(most of the time someone in your stand will lose a couple teeth.)

Not SPL class in the slightest, don't see where Brewster see's him fitting in, some of you were saying a central defender, well that could have horrific consequences. Pace is his only assest. Thats why he fits as a full back, saw Hastings play last year and i would most definately stick with him

Caley at 7/1 to go down, seems your building a squad for the first division ?

Typical county fan, can even blame football for bad dental hygiene,

I am assuming he will be cover for Richard.

I would rather have a replacement for Dods. Our back four were superb when he was with us, so why change any of the other three?

Unless he will play in Phil's position?

Name me a realistic person we could approach within our budget and the fans would accept as a decent signing...........three to give me a mean..........................not easy to keep this lot happy.........but all other spl boards are filled with the same horror stories.

As a back up left back? Off the top of my head I don't honestly know. The rumours of Byrne filled me with dread. Personally an inconsistent ex County full back to me shows that our scouting needs to be beefed up somewhat. I hope we can cast our net wider.

As a decent signing elsewhere in the team look no further than Burton O'Brien. A fantastic capture by Falkirk and if we were to get Dorrans on loan that would, for me, be a good capture.

Burton may have been a decent signing, but we don't know, we could have hyped him up on here and he might have flopped.  It's all reverse psychology and hypotheticaliity and all that.

I'm all for signing big (even well known) names, but lets's get realistic, who can play decent football---------in the position we desire-------in the price range we can afford.....(and the geographical location that suits all family members...the biggy).  We are not the only club facing these restrictions, but our mostly blinkered fans only have tunnel vision and wonder why we are not signing the likes of Rhiordan etc.............it beggars belief that we have come to these exhalted old firmish attitudes.

Hey..........whatever, the new season is coming, and you know what, we will be no worse than the last few seasons.

It's not a quote Rig, but I believe your reply to his signing on P&B was something like a <mellow>  thoughtplan ???please explain?

I've heard today that Lionel Djebi-Zadi's little brother is also here on trial? I maybe wrong, he might not even have a little brother  :024: ... but anyone have any idea's?

MANFER  is actually talking common sense without the sting in the tail these days.. must be mellowing in  his old age...... :002:

What you said about.... once Brewster gets a hold of him in training etc .....is exactly what I think and why I think we should all just get behind him right now.

Why...mercy,----he may turn out to be the answer to a maiden's prayer and, no, I am not referring to Manfer. He is not overly religious so.. :001:

I don?t think that anyone is not going to get behind him and he is worth his chance, as you say, he has certain attributes that we need (big, strong, fast) and with the right training he may become very good indeed.

What I think is that he is hardly the inspired signing which many fans were hoping for. He is not going to immediately fill the void that Dods left last season (which McGuire has failed to fill). He is not going to be the leader we require to command the back line. He has not got any experience at a decent level to draw upon. At the moment he will not really improve our starting team. He is, until proven otherwise, a squad player who has a debatable record.

I would still like to see an old head come in to shore up our defence ? I can?t think of one, but then again I don?t have to that?s what a scouting network is for!

We are a club with a small fan base. We are a club with limited resources.

If Lionel eez ungry pour le jeu il fait le jersey.

Basically Darren Dods came  as a squad player and ended up captain and then indispensable rock in the back four. He was renowned for own goals.

Steve Watt did not appear to have hunger and believed he was far better than othrs judged him. I hope Lionel proves people wrong and in 12 months they humbly post some pie.

There must be some sort of scouting in place. We've taken on a fifteen year old youth from Greenock. Someone obviously spotted him.

As for Zadi, I've seen players in the past, and at other clubs, who have not performed well with one team but shine when they move on. Some of that is down to team spirit, some is down to coaching methods and encouragement. One such already mentioned above is Darren Dods. He came to us without much of a reputation and turned into one of our best players ever. There was a lot of sticks being thrown when Dargo was brought in then a lot of disappointment when he left. A number of people weren't too happy at us signing Rankin. Cowie and Imrie are doing well. I believe this season we will also see the ripening of the fruits of the youth system that have been brought through. I also believe there will be strong competition for places which will inspire better quality from the players.

Those in charge at this club have done well in the choice of players they have brought in over the years (MacDonald and Fetai aside) and I'm happy to think they are continuing that trait and that ICT will continue to bring out the best in the players they sign.

I was about to post the same sentiments as Alex regarding Dods.

Our defence has been missing a player of a certain build, lets just wait and see how Zadi does.  I'll wish him all the best for now and for what its worth while not overawed I do think it is a good signing.

The few occasions I saw him it was definitely going forward that he caught the eye. I'd be surprised if he was played at centre half and I suspect he won't feature much barring injuries & suspensions

It's not a quote Rig, but I believe your reply to his signing on P&B was something like a <mellow>  thoughtplan ???please explain?

Sure was a mellow.gif - a very underwhelming signing for me.

Some people have a genuine concern that the player may not come up to scratch and some would like to have seen someone who is more of a known quantity come in....myself included.

However, Zadi is now an ICT player and as such has my 100% support.....regardless of what I think his abilities may or may not be.

Support isn't something he should have to earn, it comes the moment he pulls on the ICT shirt.  He may or may not prove to be a good acquisition, but so long as he's giving his all when on the park then he'll have my support.

I'm as nervous as the next fan about our prospects for the coming season, but I try to hold faith in the fact that ICT have always been bigger than the sum of their parts and that somehow we'll survive despite the lack of proven players coming in to fill the gaps.

not sure why but i have a feeling that Zadi might do ok with us. I can see that this signing might also give Brewster some options.

Many of us bitched about McGuire, but if Zadi does ok on the left then Richard could move inside and challenge McGuire for the central defensive role. This is a role that he has played very well for Canada in the last 12 months or so (and with some degree of leadership - especially in the Gold Cup final - I might add). With Proctor also able to cover a couple of positions we may ultimately end up with what appears to be an unispiring defence on paper, but one that is quite flexible in terms of tactics or injury cover.

As for his performances ... he has made none for ICT yet .... lets judge him when he has !!! As others have said ... Darren Dods didnt exactly come to ICT with a glowing CV, but he ended up captain and the rock at the heart of the defence.

Guest TinCanFan

He was renowned for own goals.

Four in one season for St.J.

Steve Watt did not appear to have hunger and believed he was far better than othrs judged him.

Don't know how true this is.  I rated him when I saw him, as did others who saw him play in the reserves.

• 5 months later...
Guest Spectre

Probably the right decision. Apart from Barry's testimonial I only saw him play once - in the reserves v Hearts last week.

Although he was decent in the air, quick and not afraid to go forward, he did also seem to have a tendency to pass the ball into or across our own box (3 times in that match I think), the first of which led to their first goal.