FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New manager thread (merged)

Guest birdog

Names quoted in papers include Derek McInnes, Neal Cooper, Robbo, Pressley, Butcher, Barry Wilson, Bloaby Williamson and Ian McCall.

I dont really see Pressley as a viable option. Its way too early for Wilson as a number 1.

Derek McInnes has 18 months left on deal at a club nearing promotion. I dont think he'd come and I think the compensation could be pretty high. He's done a good job at St Johnstone granted, but i dont think he's our man.

Think I'd be happy with Robbo or Butcher.

And Neal Cooper would be an interesting one. Not least as he's ex fergie's crew from his Dons hey days. Looking at the likes of Strachan and McLeish, Bruce and such like going on and doing well in management it might be worth looking into.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't put it past our board to make a completely inappropriate choice; they certainly did the last time. Hopefully though, they will actually choose someone capable of doing the job this time round. I don't mind too much who it is as long as he's got the experience and ability to get us out of the Brewster-shaped hole we're in.

Anyone up for giving Henrik Larsson a chance?

in my dreams!!

Aye that would be nice. At least he'd solve the experienced forward problem.

I really like the idea of Archie Knox with Barry Wilson as assistant but I just don't believe he's a realistic option considering he'd be able to pick up another decent coaching job in the prem without a problem. An experienced head coach is a must in my opinion with an assistant who knows the club inside out.

Northants Evening Telegraph throws up a new name.

Partick Thistle manager Ian McCall is the new favourite to become manager of Inverness Caledonian Thistle, with veteran Austrian coach Bern Krauss also set to apply to become Craig Brewster's replacement. (The Sun)

But the Highland club may also approach Scotland assistant manager Terry Butcher about the vacancy at the Caledonian Stadium. (Daily Express/Daily Star)

EDIT- from Wikipedia

Coaching career

Krauss started his coaching career at the German club SC Kapellen (1988/89), before he was called up to manage the amateur teams of Borussia M?nchengladbach (1989/90) and 1. FC K?ln (1990). In 1991 he became the assistant coach at M?nchengladbach, and then from 6. November 1992 to 7. December 1996 he was appointed to be the Head-Coach there. With Borussia M?nchengladbach Krauss won the German Cup in 1995.

The late 90ies were the most successful years in the coaching era of Bernd Krauss. 1997-1999 he managed the Spanish first-division team of Real Sociedad. In 2000 he shortly came back to Germany, where his job at Borussia Dortmund turned out as a big mistake. After only two months of his reigning at Westfalenstadion he was fired. Krauss then got back to Spain, where he coached RCD Mallorca (2001).

In the next few years Krauss became a globetrotter, managing teams in Greece (Aris Thessaloniki F.C., 2002), Austria (VfB Admira Wacker M?dling, 2004), United Arab Emirates and Iran (Pegah Gilan F.C., 2005). From April to December 2006 he once again came back to Spain, where he managed CD Tenerife.

In August 2007 he was appointed manager of SK Schwadorf, replacing Attila Sekerlioglu. On 6. December the same year he was fired, placing only one point ahead of the relegation zone in the Austrian Second Division.

Edited by birdog

Ok, not going to happen but what about Ian Stewart? Legend at ICT and did really well at Peterhead - where he was quite amazingly sacked. Such a shame he's not at a club.

As much chance as any other name mentioned I suppose.

I posted the above before i saw the other thread where the McCall-bashing has begun.

I can't quite remeber why ICT fans hate him so much. Is it something to do with our rivalry with Falkirk in the last few seasons in the 1st Division? If people are casting their minds that far back, then they might want to remember just how good Falkirk were at that time.

I posted the above before i saw the other thread where the McCall-bashing has begun.

I can't quite remeber why ICT fans hate him so much. Is it something to do with our rivalry with Falkirk in the last few seasons in the 1st Division? If people are casting their minds that far back, then they might want to remember just how good Falkirk were at that time.

It dates back to when he was manager of a title chasing Clydebank side back in season 97/98. We beat them 3-2 and he took a massive huff by kicking over paint cans and mouthing off in the press.

As far as I recall anyway.

Shortly after his father celebrated twenty years as manager of Manchester United, Darren followed him into football management. On 20 January 2007 he left Wrexham to become player-manager of fellow League Two side Peterborough United. Previous manager Keith Alexander had been sacked after a run of six straight defeats.[6] He led the club to a 10th placed finish in his first season of management. In his first full season of management, he took Peterborough to second place in League Two, thus gaining them promotion.

He was named League two manager of the month for March 2008, after they won six games out of eight in the month. Ferguson had led them to the top of the league, with a run of thirteen wins and three draws in sixteen games. In November 2008, Darren said that if current Manchester City boss Mark Hughes was axed, Darren would step in and take the job- this would make him and his dad Sir Alex Ferguson, who is the current Manchester United boss, arch- rivals

Not bad for a 36 year old manager at a club with little money! If you dont ask you dont get!!!! I know it is unlikely but at least it would have brought the club even more realistic attention than Ozzy.

Ian McCall is also mentioned in today's Herald.

I think he wouldn't be a bad appointment. He's consistently overachieved in the lower leagues and knows the Scottish game inside out.

However, i've got a feeling he wouldn't be popular with a lot of fans.........

It now says on the updated BBC page McCall isn't even a contender :rotflmao:

Confusing, if, interesting times

Edited by kencar

Ian McCall is also mentioned in today's Herald.

I think he wouldn't be a bad appointment. He's consistently overachieved in the lower leagues and knows the Scottish game inside out.

However, i've got a feeling he wouldn't be popular with a lot of fans.........

I don't really think we need anyone who goes round defecating in other people's shoes...