FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Richard Hastings in CONCACAF CUP

TV wise, its live on sportsnet over here. not sure if they will have a feed on their website or not but it would be sportsnet.ca if they do. failing that the console is here http://www.goldcup.org/page/GoldCup/LiveConsole or go to the supporters website to see if anyone has posted anything at http://www.canadian-soccer.com/forum/ or to the generic one at bigsoccer.com and scroll down to either the gold cup or canada forums and see if anyone has posted details of "alternative" places you can get the stream from.

Hastings played the full 90 in the last match against Costa Rica, a 2-2 draw. I didnt manage to see that game (and wont see tonights one either) so cant say how he was. sorry.

Richard Hastings' name appeared in the local Newspaper in the last week or so in relation to the fact that the Vancouver Whitecaps have been granted the new franchise available in the MSL commencing in 2011 .

Not linking him directly with the Whitecaps I may say but as a reference to the fact that players from this part of the world (Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) are making a name for themselves in other parts of the globe.

This is a very exciting event for Vancouver and the surrounding Lower Mainland area and brings back memories of the 25,000 or so fans that they used to draw many years ago during that heady season when they won the North American Soccer League .

Big money is around here and with a brand new retractable roof at B.C. Place stadium the promise of Summer soccer in the Major Soccer League either in the sun or in the dry weather is estimated to be a big draw for fans in this area. Vancouver is a very multi-cultural city and a lot of folks know their football . An East Indian friend of mine who speaks with a Yorkshire accent said to me recently that the downtown venue for the new stadium will be a success because the transit systems all come into the downtown or nearby and there will not be any need to drive cars into that nightmare place

On 25 July I am off to the local Swangard stadium to watch the current Whitecaps team take on the Puerto Rican Islanders which will also be on the local T.V.. That's a good hard-working team and this promises to be a good match.

On 25th enjoy your Alba match then..... :rolleyes:

Canada beaten 1-0 by Honduras on a (very) dodgy penalty decision in the QF tonight so they are out.

RH - who did not play in this game - will be heading home on the next plane one would assume.

Canada beaten 1-0 by Honduras on a (very) dodgy penalty decision in the QF tonight so they are out.

RH - who did not play in this game - will be heading home on the next plane one would assume.

Thanks for the links Scotty. Dodgiest penalty decision I've seen since Wales V Scotland at Anfield!

Believe it or not the pace of the football in Canada (e.g Whitecaps) in the MLS (I think this League is still called that)

has increased noticeably.

I think if Richard can hold a regular berth in the Caley Thistle team he may not be inclined to leave Inverness quite yet.

But who knows ....it's all Greek to old Scarlet these days anyway... :lol: