Renegade

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EH?

Why is Rooney dropped?

Why drop Rooney

Maybe something to do with the fact, that apart from scoring a rebound from a poor penalty, he'd did absolutely nowt for the whole game.

Apart from that same team since we dont have anybody to replace Bulvitis

What about Proctor at CB and keep Tokely at RB?

You obviously never saw Proctor at CB under Brew in the SPL. He was awful.

Jesus H. Christ - I usually avoid these threads because there's a fair amount of drivel posted from usual suspects but ffs, this one is a cracker.

My opinion, for what it's worth:

Get Bulvitis, Duncan and Imrie to f**k. None of them deserve to play for us.

Here's the real problem though - If we move Tokely to centre back where he did reasonably well last season until the Falkirk game, we have no genuine cover for right back. Proctor and Stratford are both s***e there and Cox is untried there. So what to do? My answer: don't have full backs. Have 3 centre backs and 2 holding midfielders.

Esson

Tokely Munro Golabek

Proctor Cox

Hayes Sanchez Foran

Rooney Barrowman

It's the only logical thing I can see coming from the current mess we are in.

Edit: Despite two edits for spelling, I failed to spot that I am two men short in the my original team :lol:

Edited by Jay_7

since butcher cant do **** all..... pick out of a hat

but i would have

Esson

Duncan Tokely Munro LDZ

Cox McBain

Odhiambo

Imrie Rooney Foran

Subs: allison, golly, stratford, bulshittus, hayes

Edited by Zadi

Hayes replacing Imrie

But we cant keep on picking him for the sake of not having another CB. There are other players that can play CB. If he stays in for saturday i can see us losing badly to Airdrie

I would gladly try somebody else. I dont really want to see Bulvitis in the team but on the other hand I would rather see a natural CB than a makeshift one. It could be worth testing some players to see what happens.

But we only have 1 natural Cb in Munro. Bulvitus aint a Natural CB, he is a RB.

edit: if the club bothered maybe we can pick up Gary Caldwell in january(cant be worse than Bulvitus surely?)

Said that about Bulvitis since the first game I saw him - I reckon it is a done deal that it will be Tokes and Granty in central defence - personally I would play Shinnie and McBain at full back but I reckon Tel Boy will stick by Golly and will play Proctor at rite back.

ESSON

PROCTOR ROSSCOE GRANTY GOLLY

COX DUNCAN

HAYES IMRIE FORAN

ROONEY

EH?

Why is Rooney dropped?

Why drop Rooney

Maybe something to do with the fact, that apart from scoring a rebound from a poor penalty, he'd did absolutely nowt for the whole game.

What about Proctor at CB and keep Tokely at RB?

There you go again Renegade - running down Rooney were you at the same game? Rooney played his heart out yesterday for the team he was everywhere. The problem with the game yesterday was a lot of the other players did not do the same. He scored a goal thats 5 in 3 match's so get over it

You obviously never saw Proctor at CB under Brew in the SPL. He was awful.

There you go again Renegade - running down Rooney were you at the same game? Rooney played his heart out yesterday for the team he was everywhere. The problem with the game yesterday was a lot of the other players did not do the same. He scored a goal thats 5 in 3 match's so get over it

Yes I was at the game, and Rooney did not "run his heart", bar scoringa rebound from an awful penalty, he did essentially nothing. Maybe it's time you stopped you Rooney lovefest, and stopped going nuts at anyone whom doesn't think Rooney is a Christ-like being, as you do.

Edited by Renegade

Yes I was at the game, and Rooney did not "run his heart", bar scoringa rebound from an awful penalty, he did essentially nothing. Maybe it's time you stopped you Rooney lovefest, and stopped going nuts at anyone whom doesn't think Rooney is a Christ-like being, as you do.

I agree, Rooney was not at his best and the 2 or 3 chances he had he ballsed them up. Even a penalty(IMO should not be that difficult to convert) he effed up and was lucky with the rebound.

since butcher cant do **** all..... pick out of a hat

but i would have

Esson

Duncan Tokely Munro LDZ

Cox McBain

Odhiambo

Imrie Rooney Foran

Subs: allison, golly, stratford, bulshittus, hayes

Can i just ask why would you drop golly. He was the best player for us at county by a mile. He was the only player that was going 110% in to tackles. Why you would put LDZ in there is beyond me.

This thread is a beauty so far - keep these selections coming! After getting a pasting from the fans in the past for playing 1 man up front what do a lot of these suggestions incorporate? Yep - 1 up front. Abolsute belter!

Dead Ball Specilaist has a good team there I reckon. I think getting McBain back into the side is a decent shout. He is good at retaining the ball and a better option in the middle than Duncan. I also agree with Starchief about the lack of a creative / passing CM - something we both talked about over the summer IIRC! No players like Black or Rankin to spark something in the middle of the park. Maybe Sanchez could be tried there and see how he goes? Better than having him out wide anyway.

Edited by RiG
Why does it matter to you?

------------------------Esson-----------------------

---Proctor-----Tokely------Munro-----Golabek----

--------------Cox------------Duncan-----------------

--------Imrie-------Sanchez--------Foran----------

-------------------Rooney--------------------------

I was at the Q.0.S v Airdrie game couple of weeks ago, if they had scored first they could have won the game so they will be no pushovers.

The team we put out has to be a very mobile one since Airdrie are quick.

I wouldn't tinker with the team to much with the exception of Duncan and Imire i would include hayes and MacBain and hope last week was a one off.

Quick question?

Whats wrong with the team for Ayr + Morton?

We had a bad away game against county! We have now got a lower team and if we get behind the team, i would see no reason why the original can't do well!

My one exception would Bulvitis, but depends how he is in training!

Esson

Roscoe, Grant, Bulvitis, Golly! or Proctor, Grant, Tokely, Golly

Duncan + Proctor or Duncan + Cox!

Foran, Sanchez, Imrie

Rooney!

Keep it how it was! It worked! Then it got ****** with! LEAVE IT ALONE! ?_?

See you at the game guys!

I would doubt if we see McBain playing for ICT again!!

Care to expand?

Well i would agree to a certain extent. I think he will play some games. But i dont think he will be playing many and most will prbably be off the bench.

He doesnt even reach the bench most games

Hayes replacing Imrie

But we cant keep on picking him for the sake of not having another CB. There are other players that can play CB. If he stays in for Saturday i can see us losing badly to Airdrie

Given they are bottom of the league then I'd like to think we wouldn't get humped. Granted though, he ain't good enough at centre half. We need to have a good look in January.

As for McBain, it does seem strange to give him a new 1 year deal in the summer and not play him. Especially given his experience and energy levels would probably be quite handy right now. It might have been just as well giving Vigurs a new deal if we are not going to play him.

But team would be:

- Esson -

Tokely - Munro - Golly - Shinnie

Proctor - McBain

Hayes - Sanchez - Foran

- Rooney -

Bench : Allison; Bully, Cox, Ross/Imrie, Odiambho

I know Shinnie is untried at this level but I think moving the stable Golabek inside with Granty, as well as Tokely should stable the ship. And how else will he get tried out at any level without playing. Besides anything has got to be better than lionel the bomb....scare!

Might be worth having Ross on the bench and dropping out Imrie. I agree with earlier posts. (possibly in other threads) He's far to selfish and is all about his out personal glory at times. And I think McBain is a better player than Duncan.

Shinnie has played left back vs plastic, did ok, but golly at left back is a must.

I cant see him changing much at the back this week, midfield/up front will see the changes, Hayes wil start, so will Rooney, Imrie? who knows - he can be a danger to other teams but only when his head is right.

Odi will be super sub i reckon.