FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Interesting...

EWS

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were absolutely pish today. Have the three points back - we certainly don't deserve them.

Butcher - go home.

If you want to watch good quality football, **** off and go and watch Arsenal. The rest of us will be happy when our team wins..........

Beautifully put.

B&C, I think Dover also has a Bridge and a Castle. Why don't you go there?

- and then catch the ferry?

it fairly obvious that many of the whining gits on here dont actually attend many of our games. yesterdays performance whilst not exactly brilliant it was massively improved on some of the crap we seen last season and early this season at home.

for some to describe that as our worst of the season, a 2.0 win with plenty chances created, is cringeworthy. some of you's either have short memories, only judge individuals on what they read or are just clueless.

Orion Group...... that company chaired by Alan Savage is not an engineering company. They are a recruitment company.

Orion Publishing has absolutely no connection to the above company.

Are you shure Alex - has TB ever written a book ?

Bob Harris co-wrote Butchers autobiography.

it fairly obvious that many of the whining gits on here dont actually attend many of our games. yesterdays performance whilst not exactly brilliant it was massively improved on some of the crap we seen last season and early this season at home.

for some to describe that as our worst of the season, a 2.0 win with plenty chances created, is cringeworthy. some of you's either have short memories, only judge individuals on what they read or are just clueless.

OK you've convinced me. Let's relish this 2-0 victory over the mighty Airdrie United and remember it for years to come. Next week we're bound to beat lowly Melville's Millions XI FC at least 4-0 in front of thousands of ICT fans at McDiarmid Park. I hear that the SFA engraver is already putting our name on the Alba Cup and Division 1 trophy.

OK you've convinced me. Let's relish this 2-0 victory over the mighty Airdrie United and remember it for years to come. Next week we're bound to beat lowly Melville's Millions XI FC at least 4-0 in front of thousands of ICT fans at McDiarmid Park. I hear that the SFA engraver is already putting our name on the Alba Cup and Division 1 trophy.

Logics a bit shot mate. How do you extrapolate 2-0 yesterday into a 4-0 next week? Sarcasm or pointless hyperbole? I don't really care, your negativity is getting me down (and it would seem, others around here) Again, if whining is your thing do it somewhere else and gies peace.

Logics a bit shot mate. How do you extrapolate 2-0 yesterday into a 4-0 next week? Sarcasm or pointless hyperbole? I don't really care, your negativity is getting me down (and it would seem, others around here) Again, if whining is your thing do it somewhere else and gies peace.

Sorry, perhaps I'll put in the sarcasm tags next time?

And for those of you that aren't too hot on reading simple instructions (I'm looking at you davie) - I'll say it again in here. If you don't like what I have to say, then put me on ignore. Frankly I don't really care if you like what I say, or not.

We were absolutely pish today. Have the three points back - we certainly don't deserve them.

Butcher - go home.

If you want to watch good quality football, **** off and go and watch Arsenal. The rest of us will be happy when our team wins..........

I would far rather watch it here.

We have a squad who, with the right leadership, are very capable of it. I do not feel Butcher is capable of providing this leadership.

I am sorry a number of you are so distressed by the fact that I did not enjoy Saturdays match. However, I stand by my opinion that we were absolutely pish and that a decent team could easily have destroyed us. (Not necessarily Arsenal, but perhaps QOS or Partick Thistle)

what exactly were you expecting from yesterdays game?5 or 6 nil, tearing them apart with our total football ?its going to be a long season then. from what i've seen at home for a long time now i'll take a 2.0 any day.

i'm not trying to convince you or anyone else of anything and dont think i said i'll relish or remember that win for years to come either .i'll have my fair share of moans on here at times but wont usually go over the top with criticism after a victory.

Looks to me as if J7 and B&C (and maybe a few more on here) are simply just guys that have got some kind of really deep down need to seek a way of expressing some kind of fundimental disattisfaction they have with theyre lives. The only unfortunate thing is that they seem to have chosen the medium of football and this club in particular to do it through which is just rotten bad luck for the rest of us on here. IHE might well find you an interesting proffesional study.

Why not go away and have a moan instead about the performance of your local bridge club, the service in Tescos or the way your postie slides your mail through your letter box. You would annoy and bore the @rse off a lot less people that way.

Edited by mainstander

Butcher - go home.

We have a squad who, with the right leadership, are very capable of it. I do not feel Butcher is capable of providing this leadership.

I am sorry a number of you are so distressed by the fact that I did not enjoy Saturdays match. However, I stand by my opinion that we were absolutely pish and that a decent team could easily have destroyed us. (Not necessarily Arsenal, but perhaps QOS or Partick Thistle)

We won, got 3 points. Why does it matter how we played?

Butcher - go home.

We won, got 3 points. Why does it matter how we played?

Yes good point. We won, we got the 3 points we needed. Dont you lot sound lik County when Campbell took the to the top of the league without playing attractive football

Orion Group...... that company chaired by Alan Savage is not an engineering company. They are a recruitment company.

Who were the publishers ? And what is Bob Harris doing now ?

Orion publishing - got that bit but haven't a clue what he is doing now - please enlighten me.

couldn't agree more. Points win the league - not fancy footwork

Yes, points win the league.

A good number of points.

My view is that, on Saturdays performance although we beat Airdrie United we would have come out on top against very few other SFL Teams.

Unless things improve drastically we will be so far short of a League Winning points tally.

I also feel that, if we are not going to win the League I would at least like to see a happy, well motivated team, and regular moments of nice football.

If you don't agree - fine, you are entitled to your opinion.

However, on this forum when certain people do not agree with an opinion they immediately round on the poster in a quite ridiculous way. So, can we let it rest. Some of you feel we were magnificent o Saturday. I feel we were pish. Simple difference of opinion.

Butcher - go home.

Yes, points win the league.

A good number of points.

My view is that, on Saturdays performance although we beat Airdrie United we would have come out on top against very few other SFL Teams.

Unless things improve drastically we will be so far short of a League Winning points tally.

I also feel that, if we are not going to win the League I would at least like to see a happy, well motivated team, and regular moments of nice football.

If you don't agree - fine, you are entitled to your opinion.

However, on this forum when certain people do not agree with an opinion they immediately round on the poster in a quite ridiculous way. So, can we let it rest. Some of you feel we were magnificent o Saturday. I feel we were pish. Simple difference of opinion.

Do you not perhaps feel it is the manner of your presentation.

I accept that your view will not match mine and there it is....no problem...but when I look at your top quote, highlighted above, our result - the Morton result - the Dundee result - the Ross County result, could all be the butt of your views, just substitute the managers name.

Perhaps it would help to take a step away and view the league as a whole and our position within that and consider what our management are doing with the players they have.

Dundee fans with their team having mega bucks, could maybe utter your top comments but not, in my opinion, ICT fans.

Orion publishing - got that bit but haven't a clue what he is doing now - please enlighten me.

Terry Butcher wrote his own autobiography and it was published by Highdown Press.

Bob Harris the whisperer still works for BBC radio as a DJ

Bob Harris the footballer plays for QoS

Bob Harris the sports writer is one of the UK's best-known and most widely travelled sports writers and broadcasters. In recent years he has become a prolific author, as well as producing high-profile publications for the Football Association, the British Olympic Association and British Athletics Federation, he has co-authored books with Sir Garfield Sobers, Sir Viv Richards, Bruce Grobbelaar, Steve Coppell, Graeme Souness, Kevin Keegan, Graham Kelly, Stuart Pearce and three previous books with Sir Bobby Robson.

This Bob Harris is not credited with co-writing Butchers book but his work has been published by Orion Publishing.

Edited by Alex MacLeod

Going by that logic, neitheir would Dundee or QOS.

Edited by Iain

People, you have all made your points and aired your views. Please dont let this thread become a battle of oneupmanship.

My personal view is that we are not playing as well as we may have done in the past but we are getting points, we are taking points of other teams in the league and we are well in touch with the top of the league. And for those who may not remember the last time we were in this league we played well in some games, we played rubbish in others. With four games to go to the end we were in 2nd position and 4 points of the top. Also in that season, after 12 games played we had won 6 drawn 2 and lost 4 which is pretty much where we are after 12 this season at 5 wins 4 draws and 3 losses. Who cares how bad we play if we get the points?

People, you have all made your points and aired your views. Please dont let this thread become a battle of oneupmanship.

My personal view is that we are not playing as well as we may have done in the past but we are getting points, we are taking points of other teams in the league and we are well in touch with the top of the league. And for those who may not remember the last time we were in this league we played well in some games, we played rubbish in others. With four games to go to the end we were in 2nd position and 4 points of the top. Also in that season, after 12 games played we had won 6 drawn 2 and lost 4 which is pretty much where we are after 12 this season at 5 wins 4 draws and 3 losses. Who cares how bad we play if we get the points?

Also, we had a few relatively ropy showings in that season. Against the bottom teams we struggled to a 1-0 win over Brechin at home (thanks to a Barry Wilson penalty). I'd imagine if we replicated that result these days many on here would demand the manager, board and ground staff sacked. We also beat Ayr Utd (the other relegated side that season) 1-0 and 2-1 at home, results that these days would have some of our fans apoplectic.

I appreciate that we aren't playing well (I have seen it myself at games this season) but we aren't doing that badly. We have scored more goals than any other side in the league this year and are a five points off the top, which isn't a bad position to be in.

Terry Butcher wrote his own autobiography and it was published by Highdown Press.

Bob Harris the whisperer still works for BBC radio as a DJ

Bob Harris the footballer plays for QoS

Bob Harris the sports writer is one of the UK's best-known and most widely travelled sports writers and broadcasters. In recent years he has become a prolific author, as well as producing high-profile publications for the Football Association, the British Olympic Association and British Athletics Federation, he has co-authored books with Sir Garfield Sobers, Sir Viv Richards, Bruce Grobbelaar, Steve Coppell, Graeme Souness, Kevin Keegan, Graham Kelly, Stuart Pearce and three previous books with Sir Bobby Robson.

This Bob Harris is not credited with co-writing Butchers book but his work has been published by Orion Publishing.

post-1786-1258396396.jpg

Terry Buthcher with Bob Harris.