FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT v UTD - Statathon

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Guest cantbeatus

I wish someone would tell me what the criteria is when measuring the size of a club.

Is it fanbase?

DU average home gate last season 8198. City population 143,000

ICT 5133 City population around 45000

So as a percentage of populations we are the bigger club with a fanbase of 11.4% compared to DU's 5.5%

Is it profit? We made money last season.

League position? We finished above DU every season since becoming members of the SPL.

The whole argument about who's the biggest club is irrelevant. Its ongoing success that matters. Not what happened in the past. Part of DU's problems are the result of trying to live of their past glories. They need to get their heads out of the sand and make their future. Not dwell on what was.

Dundee has 2 clubs for a start so you can half that to 70k if you wanna go by that logic (might wanna take the lochee celtic loving population out too), our average without old firm gates was 7,500 ish, what was yours?...our average the season before was 8,211, 2 seasons when we have been pathetic and where apathy amongst fans at Tannadice has been at its lowest for 30 years, you have been on the up as said by you're own fans we have been absolute crap, its all relative, you'd expect a boom in crowds coming upto the SPL then for your first full season playing in inverness the whole campaign and not just half, lets see if your crowds can be sustained, United have aberaged between 7,200-12100 for last 30 years, the 7,200 being our 1 season in division 1, i'd say thats kinda consistant throught good and bad, now if you want to talk crap crowds look at Aberdeen, a city bigger than Dundee with bigger population, big catchment area and no other clubs nearby.

As for dwelling on once was, this is a myth used against us all the time, everyone remembers their success(those who have had any), we dont dwell on it(although i enjoy watching my 9 dvd's of all the greatness...in colour for any dees looking in :004: ), yes some older fans maybe have higher expectations because they lived through that and watched those great sides,but those expectations have now dropped substantially in the last decade i can assure you, expectations now are to be competing with Aberdeen/Hibs and the like, a few back to back top 6 finishes would be nice, i'd say Aberdeen are guilty of this though, they have finished 4th & 6th, we'd be happy with that at United, they want rid of Calderwood, they are 14 games unbeaten in the league!!..we are delighted to be 4 games unbeaten period with a couple cleansheets thrown in.

'Richard, 45k is for city and doesnt take acount of places on the edge like Culloden, North Kessock Lochend etc.'

The figures that i checked on were for Inverness Alex, which included Smithton, Balloch, Culloden,Westhill which are all Inverness City area's.

North Kessock is Ross-Shire and Lochend has only 168 people

Cotter.. jeez and i though it was you that stank of fish... :015: must have been baby sick :016:

As mentioned earlier in this thread I thought that this post was about Ian Black.

We  seem to doing a lot of 'my City is bigger than your city'. Does it really matter who did what in the past, this season is what matters.

Sign on the dotted line please Ian and make lots of people very happy.

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

inverness official population is 45000 excluding smithton balloch, culloden, cradlehall, westhill (which combined have a population in excess of 20,000. However census population does not include Milton of leys and adjacent developments......argh what has this got to do with Ian " two feet are better than one" Black :notworthy01:.

Who cares what the population is were only concerned about those who play and follow the Caley Jaggies " We are the Caley Supporters Faithful Through and through"!!!!!

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Well Cantbeatus, looks like I touched a nerve with those silly stats, maybe I was being a bit too cocky there, but probably that comes with success as ten years from Highland League to the SPL has been an Incredible Journey.

In a sort of perverse way we should be pleased that **** Booster know's that the way forward for Dundai Unted is to buy half the ICT team, so the best of luck to you and your fellow turbans. Arabest xx

( 6-1 to Rangers at home! Ouch! that must have been terrible for all of you arabs, we have never ever had a result like that so we can only imagine how you felt,  )