News
    There is no UNITY without COMM-UNITY : Please sign the petition at change.org CLICK HERE ///---///\\\---\\\ JOIN the Supporters Trust : We need Supporter #TogetherNESS more than ever and to speak with one voice. Join the Trust today CLICK HERE ///---///\\\---\\\

Pele's Book

Doofer

I have just finish reading Steve "pele" Patersons book, confessions of a highland hero, and i must say that i had no idea about all the things that were going on with him when he was manage of ICT. I knew he liked a drink and what have you but i never knew how serious it was. I am glad that he is on the road to recovery and i really would love to see him back in management someday soon. Hopefully he will oneday be envolved with ICT in some capacity.

Well.... the truth be told, i spoke to Steve about a signed book for you, and he signed it ' to fatarse, have a good read, all the best Steve'

I didnt have the heart to send it... sorry

I thought it was a very well written book and mapped out Pele's life very well. I too never knew he was going through all that trouble with his drinking and gambling illness whilst at ICT. There were a few incidents as I recall but it never really came into the public domain until he went to Aberdeen. There were 'rumours' on CTO mind.. :P

What a damn shame he never took action sooner to overcome his addictions. It makes me wonder where he'd be today in football had he done so.

There was one quote that brought a smile to my face because of its irony and it was this:-

‘I was furious with Ross at half-time. “You can get to fuck” I ranted. “I don’t want you here. As far as I’m concerned you can walk back Inverness” Poor Rosco left the dressing room, still in his kit and actually made to make his way home before thinking how ridiculous that would be’

This was referring to Rossco's sending off at Ayr in our 5-1 League Cup drubbing. I wonder if Rossco would have taken this years Highland March route from Ayr to Inverness via the WHW?? :023:

I thought it was a very well written book and mapped out Pele's life very well. I too never knew he was going through all that trouble with his drinking and gambling illness whilst at ICT. There were a few incidents as I recall but it never really came into the public domain until he went to Aberdeen. There were 'rumours' on CTO mind.. :getmecoat:

What a damn shame he never took action sooner to overcome his addictions. It makes me wonder where he'd be today in football had he done so.

There was one quote that brought a smile to my face because of its irony and it was this:-

?I was furious with Ross at half-time. ?You can get to ****? I ranted. ?I don?t want you here. As far as I?m concerned you can walk back Inverness? Poor Rosco left the dressing room, still in his kit and actually made to make his way home before thinking how ridiculous that would be?

This was referring to Rossco's sending off at Ayr in our 5-1 League Cup drubbing. I wonder if Rossco would have taken this years Highland March route from Ayr to Inverness via the WHW?? :rolleyes:

That's touching innit. He must be like a Dad to Rossco. He owes him so much.

I thought it was a very well written book and mapped out Pele's life very well. I too never knew he was going through all that trouble with his drinking and gambling illness whilst at ICT. There were a few incidents as I recall but it never really came into the public domain until he went to Aberdeen. There were 'rumours' on CTO mind.. :getmecoat:

?I was furious with Ross at half-time. ?You can get to fuck? I ranted. ?I don?t want you here. As far as I?m concerned you can walk back Inverness? Poor Rosco left the dressing room, still in his kit and actually made to make his way home before thinking how ridiculous that would be?

This was referring to Rossco's sending off at Ayr in our 5-1 League Cup drubbing. I wonder if Rossco would have taken this years Highland March route from Ayr to Inverness via the WHW?? :rolleyes:

The post-script to this was that Ross was also made to stand outside the ground after he got changed as Pele didnt want him anywhere near the dressing rooms .. he was furious with him.

I remember that game well, went down to this on the bus and we ended up in the main stand behind all the journos (ok, one or two journos), then, because we were shouting for ICT, we were moved by the stewards who were gestapo-like that evening, so much so we named one of them "Helga". Seem to remember the worst away toilets in Scotland at Scumerset.

Brilliant read, was surprised out how open he was. Everything right down to the finest detail. I'm another who didn't realise he was going through such a hard time, just wish others did and got him some proper help. Just to think of what potential was wasted as both a manager and player.

Brilliant read, was surprised out how open he was. Everything right down to the finest detail. I'm another who didn't realise he was going through such a hard time, just wish others did and got him some proper help. Just to think of what potential was wasted as both a manager and player.

Totally agree and I for one would love to see him back at Caley sometime as every player in his teams always played their hearts out for him and never gave up.

Compelling read and very honest, Interesting that his most successful and enjoyable work seems to be in social work.

I look forward to his next book "How I knocked all the gambling and drinking crap on the head, to become the next scotland manager".

Seriously his teams were good despite the out of control lifestyle, he should take a job with a lower english team build back up his reputation.