FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hayes to St Johnstone

tokelyisvictorious

Apparently the wee man has a contract offer from St Johnstone on the table, and he's waiting until the end of the season before making a decision.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Johnny does move on, I hope to god he doesn't (and I'm sure he appreciates that we've given him his first opportunity in football). I thought he could have moved on to a more secure club than St Johnstone though.

I would hope, that if we were to go up to the SPL, that he would stay with us over St Johnstone. However, I do think he will move on to a bigger club at some point in the future, although whether it is this summer or not, we will just have to wait and see.

McGhee will be lucky if he is still at Aberdeen next season !!! He also admitted to having a "short" list of 100+ players so I would be surprised if Foran, Hayes, Rooney and one or two others were not on the list !!!

As for St Johnstone - that fits, especially as it is said an offer has been made and he is waiting until the end of season to see what his options are.

I wouldnt be surprised at either club sniffing, along with a few others too - hopefully we do still win the league and TB can use his influence to sign up his pal Foran along with the likes of Hayes and Rooney on a longer contract ......

That's the one thing in our favour at the moment regarding contracts (that we can't influence); McGhee's days are numbered. Aberdeen are at a bit of a cross-roads, and have to decide to fully back the eejit next season, or cut their losses and bring in a new manager. That bit of indecision could be crucial.

I was told at the last Highland Derby that McGhee was in attendance and watching Hayes was his main priority.

I saw McGhee outside the stadium before the match so I can vouch for that... Don't know why he was there but Jonny was my first guess! :lol:

Let's face it these guys have had three and a half months to sign pre-contracts elsewhere, they will obviously have a heap of options when they do come to deciding their future. Let's hope that ICT can come up with offers which keep them here. I take heart from the fact that Richie Foran and Butcher have a well established history together as I believe that Butcher's extending of his own contract may well swing a deal for Foran to extend his contract for a similar 12 months in our favour, and that will buy us time to establish ourselves again and build up some cash to build a new team. Rooney is signed up for anothe twelve months so we will benefit financially if the unthinkable were to happen and we lose him. Hayes in my mind could well be gone, he is an amazing wee player now and as his skill grows he will be playing at the very top level, a bargain on a Bosman for any club and a great investment, I fear we will not be in a position to match any offers he receives.

The way I see it, Rooney without Hayes + Foran = A good striker lost without service. Hayes with Foran and Rooney? They all seem to work well together, all seem to know each other's game.

Hayes is already a cracking player, if he can show a little bit of foresight and stay with us for a couple more seasons, i'm convinced he can be a legend.

We can only wait and see ......

I tend to think the Foran/Butcher relationship may see him extend his deal if the offer he receives is a decent one ... not necessarily the best one, but a decent one. I would say it is certainly the only reason he stayed with us this season. Keeping Foran may also influence our other Irish stars. Rooney has a year to go on his contract but I would like to see us sign him up for longer to avoid the pre-christmas Bosman talk. He may not find it so easy to score in the SPL but 6 months ago we didnt think he could score in the SFL ! Butcher's faith in him may well make the difference. As for Hayes, he may also be influenced by the other two but we will lose him at some point in the near future if he continues to develop.

I would also look at Cox as well in the same breath. He had a dip in form but since partnering with Russell duncan, the two have been pretty good together and at 19 he is definitely one for the future.

I guess a lot of it will also depend on things many of us have little or no knowlege about .... the agents of the players holding out for more or advising their clients one way or another, and also the dynamics within the squad ... who gets along with who or whether there are any interpersonal relationships that are not happy .....

I saw McGhee outside the stadium before the match so I can vouch for that... Don't know why he was there but Jonny was my first guess! B)

Perhaps he just wanted to watch a decent game. :004:

Let's face it, our Irish trio have been superb this year and are head and shoulders above most of the players in the first division. I would expect all the SPL managers will be keeping tabs on them. Not only will they want them in their teams, they won't want them in ours when we play them next season.

My worry is that whilst they will want to stay, they will get good offers from elsewhere. It may come down to how much money the Board is prepared to release to satisfy their wage demands. We need to get this league sown up and then get the celebrating stars to sign contracts whilst they're still p***ed.

I heard he may have signed for aberdeen along with foran :004:

Nah, I'm sure they want to play SPL football next season.

hehe

good one

It's very possible.

I'm not worried about McGhee coming even if he was watching our players, was there not reports he had a ridiculous number of players on his shortlist? Then again if he saw Foran, Rooney or Hayes he'd soon realise they could do a better job than his lot. He may not even be in a job by the end of the season.

Edited by Iain

Apparently the wee man has a contract offer from St Johnstone on the table, and he's waiting until the end of the season before making a decision.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Johnny does move on, I hope to god he doesn't (and I'm sure he appreciates that we've given him his first opportunity in football). I thought he could have moved on to a more secure club than St Johnstone though.

The word on the street is that Hayes and Foran have concrete offers (pre contract agreements) on the table from other clubs one of which is Aberdeen. The heartening thing is that nothing will be decided until the end of the season. Lets hope the board do the right thing and get them signed up. Signing up Jonny would be a great wee investment which would pay dividends in the long run.

BOARD SIGN THEM UP! BELIEVE!

As long as we are promoted I will hold out hopes that Hayes, Foran and Cox (who as pointed out has been excellent of late, getting back to the form that saw him 'linked' to Rangers. Ha.) will all sign new deals. Too often we let go of quality players, surely the board can see that Hayes and Rooney would be investments, while Foran is a top-six SPL striker.

Then again, the contracts given to these players were likely to have been given with the promise that if they played well for ICT, with relaxed and easy surroundings, they can win a contract with a 'bigger' club. Hopefully they might realise that the reason they have been playing well is in part down to where they are. Foran certainly will, after his time down in England.