FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

On a similar theme.....

Johnboy

While the debate rumbles on regarding supporting our rivals in the Cup Final, I'm interested to know how many on here would like to see County winning Div1 and joining us in the SPL. (We're back in there to stay now)

The derby games over the last season were a new experience for me which I really enjoyed. I'd be happy for more in the season after next.

What do you think?

Promotion for County, or would you rather see them relegated?

Edited by Johnboy

Don't want to see them relegated. As for promotion, well.......I definitely don't want Dundee or Partick promoted. Wouldn't mind Dunfermline being promoted. If County got promoted it would be an easy away day. In other words anyone but Dundee or Partick is what I am saying.

While the debate rumbles on regarding supporting our rivals in the Cup Final, I'm interested to know how many on here would like to see County winning Div1 and joining us in the SPL. (We're back in there to stay now)

The derby games over the last season were a new experience for me which I really enjoyed. I'd be happy for more in the season after next.

What do you think?

Promotion for County, or would you rather see them relegated?

I'd love them to be promoted. Two extra home games a season.

Wouldn't do our attendance figures any harm either as we'd be guaranteed a big gate for County games.

Wonder if we'll get unusually large attendances for games v. St. Johnstone due to proximity.

The downside is that the neutral support would then be divided, i.e the people who don't mind whether they're watching County or Caley but would probably be inclined to watch SPL football rather than Div.1. We seem to get better attendances when we're in a different division to County (so far we've always been in a higher division when that's happened - so we'd really suffer if they went up and we went down)

So, I suppose, no - I'd rather they stayed down there where they belong - Div 1 or 2 - no higher. Telt!

Much as I've been pilloried by some on this site for expressing support and admiration for County's cup exploits this season to the extent of enjoying a fine day out in Glasgow yesterday notwithstanding the result, I would not like to see County gain a place in the SPL.

Firstly, despite the astonishing progress they have made, County are, when all said and done, a team based in what is little more than a large village of 5,000 souls unlike ICT which represents a vibrant and still growing city. I know that County also attract considerable support from Easter and Wester Ross and beyond but the hoards who went to Hampden are a one off and I believe that Division One is probably their natural ceiling.

I would be concerned that, The backing of Roy Mcgregor apart, they would struggle to maintin the costs of competing as an SPL outfit and that might be the undoing of years of prudent incremental work to get them where they are.

Secondly and from a selfish perspective, there is limited commercial backing in our area at the level required for SPL and County being in the SPL would inevitably dilute finances and resourses which would otherwise come to us.

Much as I admire what County have achieved, I am an ICT fan first and foremost and I would not want County to succeed if that were to be to my team's prejudice.

Im in the opposite camp. I didnt want them to win yesterday for various reasons but would love spl derbies. I can see there woudl be downsides to this as expressed above but it would be good to have more games locally instead of always in the central belt. The media would hate having to come up to the highlands even more often too.

dont think their ground is SPL ready, however financially it would be good for us, that extra full house would be a bonus

I'm seem to recollect them saying a few months ago that they've got the planning ready to make it SPL size, and it could be done over a pre-season.