FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Any budding sports reporters?

tm4tj

Sorry guys and gals, it's that time of year again.........................yes, the new SPL season is almost upon us.

Last season was a brilliant one to be involved in, as the climax to a memorable First Division campaign came down to the wire. Well, almost the wire as Dundee wilted under the superb effort from our lads. Yes, it's get your superlatives out time, as once again we look to build a dedicated bunch of scribes fit to grace the front page of the site. What does this entail I hear you say? Well, if you can put together a coherent and abuse free article which will be informative and to the point then this is your chance to entertain the rest of the site users.

Thanks to a lot of input last season, especially by a couple of our younger fans, granty24 & Ginger Jaggy, we managed to cover most matches involving ICT as the frenetic end to the season boiled down to the last few games. It was a joy to preview/report on last season.

We started with Dundee setting the pace and Inverness clinging on to a top six spot (in the first div) by the skin of their teeth. Dundee then raced into an insurmountable lead, yes, it was cut and dried...........or was it. By tea time on Boxing day, we had played the same number of games as Dundee, had failed to beat them in three attempts despite outplaying them, and were 12 points adrift. Game over. The points gap grew as the weather hit hard and the fixture list was in turmoil. But, unknown to most fans, Wilsonourwing excepted, ICT had already turned the corner and the chase was on, despite the points gap growing. Unbeaten since losing 2-1 at Partick at the end of November, despite Tokely scoring early for Inverness, we were to embark on a 21 game unbeaten league run that would see us gain promotion. We took on allcomers and with Dundee being reeled in rapidly we upped the pace. In our final surge after the bell, with Dundee now hitting the wall, we cruised past them in the home straight to win the league at a canter..........eventually, but not before a few fingernails were reduced. We had beaten every team in the league in the last lap and turned what at one point was a deficit of 15, into a healthy 12 point advantage. That is an unbelievable 27 point turnaround.

We had Dundee fans gloating about losing a two goal lead on more than one occasion, well, I think we shoved that one back down their throat big style.

Anyway...........I digress. There are no prizes for guessing the number of cliches, or hyperboles......or spelling or grammar mistakes in this post. This is just a taster of what we are looking for to make up the articles for the front page. I am sure there are plenty of budding reporters out there itching to have a go, so, if you fancy it, drop me a PM, or post below and I will be in touch. I know we have some excellent match summaries on the matchday thread, but maybe some of you could expand on them and produce your tabloid version for CTO. Yep, that's you yngwie, Mantis, alternative maryhill, doofers dad....etc etc etc, cor.....did I type that out loud?

criteria:-

Easy to read.

Enjoyable.

Touch of humour does not go amiss.

Factual account.......the video will be your friend for the reports.

Keep it clean, no abusive content.

If you can't understand how it should be read, then the rest of us have no chance.

Make it your own style, we have no templates for these previews/reports although tried & trusted is a good guideline.

Remember, it's for the site members, and we have a diverse lot, in age and mind.....so BIG LETTERS FOR SCARLET, short words for me.

i would definately be happy to continue i thourghly enjoyed the responsibility and will carry on writing for the website. Unfortunately the first few games coincide with my holiday to spain (Going to miss celtic match ahhhhhhhhhhh) but anyway i wont be able to help for the first few games. I may be able to make hibs away if im down south back at uni otherwise it will be th hearts game

What is the point of writing a report sober ?? :slap:

My head works a little better sober. Also, if I don't have five pints beforehand, I won't miss half the match by having to nip out for a pish every 10 minutes. I could, of course, borrow your sporran as a surrogate urinal, but it would need quite a sizeable capacity...

I might be interested in this. I write occasionally, when I can remember my Blogger password. And I wrote match reports for my college football team in the college newsletter as well as being the midfield maestro in the team. I won't be around for the Celtic game as I'm off camping in Somerset for a week and a bit. Having said that, the campsite does have wifi so I may be able to get internet connection if I took my laptop.

• 2 weeks later...