FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

who would you want to win?

bigjohn

As I've mentioned before my over 80yr old dad has supported Hamilton Accies most of his life. He's disabled and I take him to the the occasional Accies game when he feels fit. He wanted to go tonight so I took him to the Accies v Staggies game at NDP. I have never seen Ross County play and was completely neutral and enjoyed most of the match. Accies scored in the first minute with an Imrie dive in the box which resulted in a penalty. Reasonable game with end to end stuff and a lot of commitment and the first have flew by and ended after what seemed 5mins. Second half was totally different and Ross county were the better team for most of the half they won 2-1. Grant Munro had a good game and I know most people on here hate Ross County, but as a neutral I quite enjoyed watching them both play, mostly good football and a bit of slack play but honestly it was a good night. My question to you is if you were in my shoes who would you want to win? Bet it would be mostly Accies. I counted 36 Ross County fans which I suppose for a tues night wasn't to bad.

County without having to think about it, they've got the same background as us and if they were ever to reach the dizzy heights of the SPL we'd have another few sell outs a year.

Oh and they're like our feeder team although this year that's reversed.

Some of my friends are County fans but it's an easy one for me. I absolutely love it when they lose! Yes I suppose it would be good to have them in the SPL for the derby games and all that but I just can't help feeling good when they lose another 3 points / dumped out of a cup.

When they lost 5-1 to Accies the other week, I sent a few '5-1 you scum' texts! :ictscarf: O 2 B!

Edited by CapitalCaley

It could have been worse - you could have watched Elgin winning 2-1 away. I would have put on the full IHE "uniform",found the Hammies Singing Section, emblazoned ma ICT flag as close to the tinks as possible - started off with a Imrie hates the County chant, taught the weegies to sing a variety of ditties and did my uptmost to get as many of the 36 (or 18 cyclops - old joke!!) chucked out as possible. There would also be the potential of letting down as many tyres as possible on vebicles with a Ross Shire registration plate as possible in the adjoining visisting supporters stables and then a hoax stadium message as they were all leaving to say that there had been a landslide at Dunkeld which has closed the A9 and encouraged the caravan dwellers to go home via Aberdeen. Then I would go fer a pint with Granty and Russeldhino and talk about the good old days and sort out the transfer of Gardyne.

I was rather surprised when County managed to turn it round from 1 down last night but i'm glad they did. If we beat Ayr tonight then i'd rather be playing the easier teams in the next round and right now Ross County are one of the easiest teams still in the competition.

I'd want Ross County to win without a shadow of a doubt - as I do all of their league games. I see them as a local team as well as Inverness, with local to me being the Highlands. A huge part of why I continue to support Inverness is because I see the club as being my local team, with County also being local I get quite a lot of pleasure from seeing them do well for the Highlands- especially against the Central Belters.

I honestly couldn't care what County do to be honest. I wouldn't neccessarily support them but I wouldn't cheer on another team simply because they were playing RC. Indeed I was deligthed when they beat Celtic in that Semi Final game the other year. I hope we get a Derby in the SPL personally.

That said Derek Adams is a bit of a welt.

• Agree 1