FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

PFA Awards

Michael Higdon won player of the year, Leigh Griffiths young player and Allan Jonhstone manager. What are your thoughts on it? Personally i think the players are right but I thought either TB or McCall would of won, but I haven't seen QotS all season so what can I say. I found out that Higdons actually been arrested for assault just hours after winning so i wonder what'll happen there. Anyway what do you think about this?

I think Higdon deserves the award. He's been scoring a load of goals. The previous best return for a non Old Firm player was 21 by Anthony Stokes in his Hibs days. Billy McKay has surpassed that also but Higdon's total makes him worthy winner.

Only Henrik Larsson and Kris Boyd have scored more SPL goals in a season, so with 2 games to spare Higdon has already done better than a very long list of multi-millionaire OF strikers.

If our own Billy Mackay can get 2 more from the remaining 2 games then he will be up in that remarkable territory too, with only those 3 above him. 

cant really argue with POY awards, especially Higdon .... but thought McCall or TB should have been Manager of Year.

You can make a case for either, but looking at it without my ICT bias, I think McCall should have edged it. Motherwell have been excellent this year and well worthy of 2nd place. No disrespect intended to Johnstone, but QOS are one of those teams who tend to be a solid 1st division side so getting relegated and then bouncing back in style is not entirely unexpected. It also mirrors a certain team from the Highlands who went down a division and became the first team in years to bounce back from SFL to SPL at the first attempt - also with some style !!!

• Agree 1

Gentleman of the year - Derek Adams 'Meanwhile, Ross County’s Derek Adams admitted he is mystified at being snubbed by PFA Scotland for their gala awards dinner. I thought I would have been invited.'

A spokesperson for Ross County said 'Derek and Morticia were bitterly disappointed but after beating Motherwell next Saturday and Inverness the following Saturday (unless the world conspired against them yet again) were anticipating their own gala awards dinner in Dingwall Town Hall. The subsequent open topped vehicle tour of Dingwall would then be part of transport arrangements made for their anticipated first Europa League game.'

Gentleman of the year - Derek Adams 'Meanwhile, Ross County’s Derek Adams admitted he is mystified at being snubbed by PFA Scotland for their gala awards dinner. I thought I would have been invited.'

He really is up himself isnt he ..... dont know if we were reading the same article, but he fairly s-e-e-t-h-e-s in this one, first about getting no invite in the first place, then about not getting to present the award ....

The Ross County boss — 2012 Manager of the Year — was stunned not to be asked to last night’s ceremony. After seeing his side draw with Celtic, he claimed PFA chiefs have got it wrong by not inviting past winners. He said: “I’ve not had any explanation from the PFA. I thought I would have been invited. I know a few managers haven’t had invites but, after winning it last year, it’s only right that you are able to attend the next season. I haven’t had an invite. I think the manager who won it the season before should maybe present the award to the new winner. Maybe they have a different idea but I’m not worried about it. It saved me a three-hour journey. The players aren’t going either. It costs a lot of money to go to this event."

Adams was a surprise omission from this year’s shortlist — with Neil Lennon, Stuart McCall, Terry Butcher and Allan Johnston nominated. But he claims he isn’t bothered — insisting he feels more sympathy with his players. Adams said: “I’m not going to grumble. I think some of our players could have had recognition, particularly our defenders. We have 14 clean sheets in our first season in the SPL, which is the best in the league alongside Celtic.

Source: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4916595/PFA-snub-is-kick-in-teeth-raps-Adams.html

I'm actually with Adams on this one.  It seems to me to be the sort of occasion to which all clubs should be represented at regardless of whether you are up for an award.  If a team like County who have done so well this year are not invited to be represented then I wonder who is.  Apart from those nominated who was there?  Is it basically an excuse for a night out on expenses for officialdom? Or could they not afford to have any one else there after Higdon had drunk his fill?

I also question why they announce the winners before the end of the season.  Obviously I very much hope County won't steal 3rd spot but it is still a possibility.  Should they do that then I think Adams would be deserving of the award.  I don't like the man, but to be fair, you can't argue with what he has achieved.