FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Transfer Window

Kingsmills

Delighted that nobody has left but slightly disappointed that nobody came in, even a loan signing so surely that means Nimely was not true :-(.

Loaning a free agent.... That's new.

Who said anything about loaning a free agent? Only reason I mentioned Nimely is because Twitter rumoured that he was having a medical which can't have been true because surely it would have been confirmed he has signed by now, no?

Ferguson rumour is a joke which ryanaldo appears to be in on.

Heart stopped when I spotted B.McKay named in sky's rolling summary of Scottish transfers - turned out it was Barrie McKay moving from currant buns to roth ravers on loan.

Looking forward to winding up a few dandies at work tommorrow over Shinnie phantom signing - sad deluded fools.

• Agree 1

Even though no one came in on deadline day it's not the end of our search. There's still plenty free agents kicking about, including the lad training with us and on the back of deadline day more players would have been released by clubs in order to move. Still reckon we will get someone in if we can.

Delighted that nobody has left but slightly disappointed that nobody came in, even a loan signing so surely that means Nimely was not true :-(.

Loaning a free agent.... That's new. Who said anything about loaning a free agent? Only reason I mentioned Nimely is because Twitter rumoured that he was having a medical which can't have been true because surely it would have been confirmed he has signed by now, no? The way you worded your original post made it seem like you were saying that because we have signed no loan players that meant we were not signing Nimely because it wasn't done in time hence - Loaning a free agent comment.

Also for the record, Alex Nimely could have passed a medical tonight and the club could announce the deal as completed next week so deals for Free Agents are not dead in the water.

Edited by ICTRoughi

Free agents is a great option out with the window now the season is underway, some of these guys will be desperate for a seasons football and may be realistic to reduce previously unfeasible wage demands into ICT brakets on the basis that its better than being unemployed and getting games at a good level. We could strike it lucky with a determined player out to prove himself and get nticed over the next season, winning situation all round but we need to trust in JH to find that guy with teh right temprament & attitude not unbalance the great bunch we have.

Hibs News

''The club can also confirm that midfielder Owain Tudur Jones has been released from his contract by mutual consent.

The Wales internationalist, 29, joined Hibernian at the end of May 2013 and recorded 19 appearances during his stay at Easter Road.

Everybody at the club would like to wish Owain all the best as he embarks on the next chapter of his career.

Jones’ departure concludes Hibernian’s activity within the summer transfer window.''

In my opinion we still badly need another striker.  Mckay looked exhausted towards the end of last season as he has to play every match including cup games.  So we need one for cover if anything.  I know Foran could play up there but he's not fit and no timescale for him coming back.  Watkins I was totally unconvinced about playing up front, it was like no one have ever explained the offside rule to him.  That said he is a good player.  But still a striker needed, I didn't think we'd actually sign anyone from another team and would probably have to be a free transfer but we do need  someone else to challenge Mckay.  Whats James McFadden up to? If we got him fit he'd be some signing

Edited by Sir C the 3rd

Money towards an improved 2 year extension for G Shinnie with the expectation that he'll probably be off to the English Championship at a minimum in a year/18 months would be my preferred next item of business. another option up front would be good although I haven't seen much of Ferguson so not sure whether he could be close to breaking through in the same manner as Christie/Polworth.

In my opinion we still badly need another striker.  Mckay looked exhausted towards the end of last season as he has to play every match including cup games.  So we need one for cover if anything.  I know Foran could play up there but he's not fit and no timescale for him coming back.  Watkins I was totally unconvinced about playing up front, it was like no one have ever explained the offside rule to him.  That said he is a good player.  But still a striker needed, I didn't think we'd actually sign anyone from another team and would probably have to be a free transfer but we do need  someone else to challenge Mckay.  Whats James McFadden up to? If we got him fit he'd be some signing

If I remember correctly sponsors were funding McFadden at Motherwell. I personally want to see an experienced back up come in and slightly inclined to favour Alan Gow on that. The more I think about Gow the more I think it could work well for us plus the fact he is versatile enough to cover other position which fits our agenda IMO.

I am sure JH has everything under control, he will in his own time supplement the squad where needed.

We are all concerned about hanging on to what we have, John has done wonders so far with the club and I am sure he will do everything in his power to keep things going as is and adding when he can.

I'm just enjoying things as they develop.    :ictscarf: