FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

1st Leg Play Off v Montrose

Not really shocked by the result it’s the same old crap week in week out bar the odd lucky result .And by odd I mean ODD  Simply not good enough. 
Can’t believe a former (striker) manager plays a team the way he does !

• Agree 2
  • Sad 1

Turgid!!!!!

Look like we wanted the win handed to us, no urgency, no desire to put a team (believe it or not, who were worse than us) to the sword.

Got to want to stay in the League, absolutely embarrassing.

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 1
  • Sad 1

An utterly shameful performance tonight. Mortifying to be in this position but to approach the game with such little intent or urgency is unforgivable and up there with one of the most insipid performances I can recall in such a crucial game.

We finished the game with 6 defenders on the park and showed little or no desire to actually win the game. The tactics are garbage, players bang out of form start and play far too long. Substitutions are predictably bizarre, negative and far too late to make an impact. Ferguson was up the tunnel almost before the final whistle. Gardiner also disappeared extremely quickly.

Genuinely one of the most depressing experiences in 30 years of watching ICT. I simply cannot see us staying up with this group of players and management.

Beyond grim.

• Agree 2
  • Sad 3

Just got home and realised that instead of travelling to Montrose and enduring that p1sh, I could’ve stayed at home and watched the Eurovision semi-final!

• Funny 4

This was my first time at Links Park. Decent stand, giving us a great view of our team’s dismalness and complete lack of cutting edge.

• Like 1

Hopefully Lawal gets the start on Saturday perhaps ahead of Anderson because it sounded from the P and J report, he was our best player tonight. 

It's likely we'll see Carragher in for Devine too seeing as we're back on grass this weekend, I also expect Sean McAllister in ahead of Louis Longstaff as he seems to make things happen for us and finally, hopefully Billy McKay and Alex Samuel were taking off with 10mins to go to protect/keep them fresh for Saturday too!

It's clear that we need a MUCH better performance than tonight if we're to have any hope but it's certainly going to be a nervy affair so hopefully there's a good crowd willing them on and not on their backs if things aren't going well!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, CaleyTennis85 said:

Hopefully Lawal gets the start on Saturday perhaps ahead of Anderson because it sounded from the P and J report, he was our best player tonight. 

Yeah Lawal did quite a lot of good stuff, whereas Anderson did not. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ymip said:

An utterly shameful performance tonight. Mortifying to be in this position but to approach the game with such little intent or urgency is unforgivable and up there with one of the most insipid performances I can recall in such a crucial game.

We finished the game with 6 defenders on the park and showed little or no desire to actually win the game. The tactics are garbage, players bang out of form start and play far too long. Substitutions are predictably bizarre, negative and far too late to make an impact. Ferguson was up the tunnel almost before the final whistle. Gardiner also disappeared extremely quickly.

Genuinely one of the most depressing experiences in 30 years of watching ICT. I simply cannot see us staying up with this group of players and management.

Beyond grim.

Hard to disagree with any of that sadly 

Surely there's never been a more godawful result in our history? Getting papped by County is one thing, but having no worthwhile shots (bar Lawal's) in a game where we realistically should've left them dead and buried has to be even worse. Playing the way we played tonight makes me doubtful about Saturday, let alone a full strength Hamilton Accies team...

• Agree 1
  • Sad 1

Would like to believe it's some mad 4d chess being played, to preserve our energy for the next game and potentially the final? That would definitely be giving the management team far too much credit though 

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

From who ? any exceptions?

Lawal looked like the only player who could cause problems on the ball and also got stuck in and competed well off the ball. 

• Agree 1

On 5/6/2024 at 8:10 PM, bdu98196 said:

We will absolutely batter these part timers and show them why the seaside leagues is no place for a club like ours.

2nd leg incoming folks!!!

Clean sheet, still in the tie and heading to the home leg - if this was in Europe everyone would be raving about tactics being spot on. Clearly Caley playing like a big team which is showing our and Duncs ambitions 🤪

• Well Said 1
  • Funny 3
  • Thoughtful 2
  • Facepalm 2

18 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

2nd leg incoming folks!!!

if this was in Europe everyone would be raving about tactics being spot on.

Aye, the Montrose tactics against the "bigger" club :lol:   Don't lose the first leg, then hit them at home where their form is abysmal. 1-0 is all that's needed.

• Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

Awful game.  Caley were outplayed and outfought all over the pitch.  As others have said, only Lawal gets pass marks - the only one to show a bit of urgency and desire. (perhaps Samuel, too, but he was just so isolated).  Lawal's run down the left with a great little turn gave us the only thing to cheer about, and then his shot off the bar, of course.  That was it. 

It was pass, pass, pass along the back, followed by a punt up to Samuel.  Savage absolutely killed the game and atmosphere.  He'd roll the ball a yard with his studs, stop, maybe take another step, and then pass to the left, or up to Anderson, who'd pass it straight back to Savage, and repeat.  It was enough to send anyone to sleep.  That flatness just rubbed off on everyone - nobody could be bothered to change gear out of that lethargy.  Fighting for survival?  What a laugh.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Well Said 2
  • Funny 1

4 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

20 years ago today, Clyde 1 ICT 2. Scorers Keogh and Hislop. SPL football beckons. 

Aye  some game and atmosphere!   Dunno how many but we had filled one stand.  That was some team, they would rattle this lot.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, caley100 said:

Aye  some game and atmosphere!   Dunno how many but we had filled one stand.  That was some team, they would rattle this lot.

With a bit of help from some Partick fans in the top corner!

• Funny 2

10 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Yeah Lawal did quite a lot of good stuff, whereas Anderson did not. 

Imagine if we had a former Scotland U21 midfielder who had played for the club on over 100 occasions, born and bred in Inverness and brought through our youth system. Imagine he’d been available since January. I doubt he’d be as good as the loanees though so no point imagining anything apart from life in League 1 

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 1
  • Funny 1

We were down last night and we all reckon its part of a secret - even to Duncan-  masterplan - pretend we are crap then score four on Saturday.   Toughest watch in a long long time.  

• Funny 1

As has been the case for years, no entertainment. 

Until there is a complete change in mindset,  nothing is going to change. 

The great work and results over the first 20 years of our history us a distant  distant memory. Ferguson seems to be clueless. 

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, alwaysblue said:

We were down last night and we all reckon its part of a secret - even to Duncan-  masterplan - pretend we are crap then score four on Saturday.   Toughest watch in a long long time.  

Really??

I have been to quite a number of away matches over the past few seasons: win, draw or lose, I can't remember a match when a decent standard of football was on offer.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Clean sheet, still in the tie and heading to the home leg - if this was in Europe everyone would be raving about tactics being spot on.

Aye but it was Montrose not Monaco!

• Funny 3

• tm4tj unpinned this topic