Division 1 Positives

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres talk of Dundee being favourites to win the title next season.

I don't think Brookes Mileson ever wanted Gretna to become SPL as it wasn't viable but would have been happy enough if they failed at the final hurdle and stayed in the first division.(just my personal opinion)

If I was to put this scenario to you how would you feel

We are a first division club in dept, Ross county are in the SPL and the man who wants to back us financially is a county fan, is on the County board hes attempted to buy county in the past but failed.

Would he ever allow us to win the league and have us playing against county in the SPL.

John Bennett is a Dundee utd fan is on the Utd board and has poured millions in to Dundee over the years to stop them going bust and now has a controlling interest yet is still a fan of united.

The Dundee fans must hate it, could you imagine the unease if it was Rangers,Celtic. or Hearts,Hibs

No top/bottom split. Highland March will have months to plan their route. It could go from the longest this year to the shortest - over the bridge.

Does the highland march only walk on the 2nd last game before the season ends???

No positives from me I'm afraid, there will be no ICT on the tv and no ICT on the radio so it will be much harder to follow on matchday from afar

BBC ALBA might show a few games but i dont know if you would get that over there???

Positive: I'll now be cancelling my Setanta and saving ?144 a year.

I was thinking about it but i think i'll just keep it for the premiership and bundesliga games

just had a phone call fromSetanta offering me 3 months at ?3.75 a month for 3 months, Mrs told him her team got relegated, he said are you a Newcastle fan?, more than one team got relegated i am in Scotland you are phoning Scotland, so who do think i support. What about Scotland away games then , at the point she hung up

Glad to see that after 5 years in the SPL not everyone has become dour gloom mungers! :(

I honestly reckon we have a good chance to keep the likes of Munro, Tokely, Proctor, Djebi Zadi, Duff in defence and Hastings perhaps as well but perhaps one of the youth players may step in to the squad.

In Midfield it is just as easily concievable Duncan, McBain, Vigurs, Imrie will be there, Sutherland and Gillespie etc have a chance to step up to the plate.

Up front the likes of Rooney who's 6 SPL goals is nothing to be sniffed at and Barrowman who leapt before he could jump but has a chance to redeem, are both still under contract. Woods could also be a good SFL striker.

Esson might fancy staying put for stability. Morais has recently said he feels at home, and not lonely up in Inverness.

Kerr might not fancy leaving if he gets a firm contract offer from ICT.

I reckon we'll lose Mihadjchuks and Foran, and whilst they have done a decent job I dont think it would be a massive loss. Also Morais might get a call from St Johnstone. Again he has the skill to unlock any 1st division team but there are others.

We could have a look at the likes of Pat Clarke and Neil McGregor at Clyde. Both will be available and are decent players.

We have options. We have a good nucleus. We just need to be confident.

We need to BELIEVE!

No top/bottom split. Highland March will have months to plan their route. It could go from the longest this year to the shortest - over the bridge.

Dingwall to Inverness :(

Would they do that? and if they did, they should swim under the bridge.

Dingwall to Inverness :lol:

Would they do that? and if they did, they should swim under the bridge.

I think there would be a fare squad off them up for doing that one :lol:

3 if you look at the real established spl clubs, they have all been relegated from the top flight and bounced back better

No they haven't. Look how long it's taken Saint Johnstone to get out of there. Dundee, Dunfermline and Livi have never come back after relegation.

I know you said you are trying to be optimistic but I think you are kidding yourself with that one.

nah i'm talking about the established spl clubs currently in the spl (kilmarnock, motherwell, dun utd, aberdeen etc). They have all been relegated sometime in the not too distant past and have bounced back stronger and stayed back.

3 if you look at the real established spl clubs, they have all been relegated from the top flight and bounced back better

No they haven't. Look how long it's taken Saint Johnstone to get out of there. Dundee, Dunfermline and Livi have never come back after relegation.

I know you said you are trying to be optimistic but I think you are kidding yourself with that one.

nah i'm talking about the established spl clubs currently in the spl (kilmarnock, motherwell, dun utd, aberdeen etc). They have all been relegated sometime in the not too distant past and have bounced back stronger and stayed back.

When were Aberdeen relegated ?

Five years on, the passion and the commitment from the fans has risen tenfold.

Dunno about tenfold but I'd hope that we take a better away support than we used to back in the old days in the First. I think that we could get a good core away turn out of 200-250 every trip. The first trip back to Dingwall will be great.