FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Haiti Appeal...

Canada Bob

NEWSFLASH !!!

A CONTAINER WITH 5,000 ROSS COUNTY SHIRTS INSIDE IT

WAS RETURNED TODAY BY THE PEOPLE OF HAITI.

INSIDE THE FOLLOWING NOTE WAS FOUND...

"WE HAVE NO HOMES, NO FOOD, NO CLOTHING AND NO WATER,

BUT WE STILL HAVE OUR ****ing DIGNITY"

Edited by Canada Bob

Hello Heilandee...

Spent some time in Port Harcourt, Nigeria {what a place that is}, it's like the wild west, machete's have gone out of fashion, folks are walking round with AK47's or worse, slaughtering each outer by the hundred, yea, really while I was there they went at each other Christians vs Muslims in Jos city finished up with near 300 dead.

Wasn't quite as bad in Port Harcourt, but while we were having breakfast a gun battle kicked off less than a mile from where we were, 40 odd members of MEND {think a Black IRA} attacked a work convoy of ex-pat workers, shot an armed guard dead, shot up a few others, kidnapped 3 Brits and 1 Colombian, would have been more than that but in the confusion a Brit managed to run for it {not the smartest of ideas when there's automatic gun fire going on}, but he let lucky.

The blokes were released about 4-5 days later after Shell {they worked for Shell} paid ore $1 Million

in ransom.

I've been to a few places in Africa, and it's tough in most of them, really tough in some of them, but on a scale of 1-10, Port Harcourt is a 90 :017: I'll no be going back, but I've a trip to Cameroon coming up, I'm just acclimatising meself for the World Cup, well that's what I tell folks, but it's all to do with that mosquito repellent that I make, it'll stop bites, but no the bullets...

Edited by Canada Bob

Spent some time in Port Harcourt, Nigeria {what a place that is}, it's like the wild west, machete's have gone out of fashion, folks are walking round with AK47's or worse, slaughtering each outer by the hundred...

... a gun battle kicked off less than a mile from where we were, 40 odd members of MEND {think a Black IRA} attacked a work convoy of ex-pat workers, shot an armed guard dead, shot up a few others, kidnapped 3 Brits and 1 Colombian...

I've been to a few places in Africa, and it's tough in most of them, really tough in some of them, but on a scale of 1-10, Port Harcourt is a 90 :lol:

Yikes shok.gif

Hello Heilandee...

Spent some time in Port Harcourt, Nigeria {what a place that is}, it's like the wild west, machete's have gone out of fashion, folks are walking round with AK47's or worse, slaughtering each outer by the hundred, yea, really while I was there they went at each other Christians vs Muslims in Jos city finished up with near 300 dead.

Wasn't quite as bad in Port Harcourt, but while we were having breakfast a gun battle kicked off less than a mile from where we were, 40 odd members of MEND {think a Black IRA} attacked a work convoy of ex-pat workers, shot an armed guard dead, shot up a few others, kidnapped 3 Brits and 1 Colombian, would have been more than that but in the confusion a Brit managed to run for it {not the smartest of ideas when there's automatic gun fire going on}, but he let lucky.

The blokes were released about 4-5 days later after Shell {they worked for Shell} paid ore $1 Million

in ransom.

I've been to a few places in Africa, and it's tough in most of them, really tough in some of them, but on a scale of 1-10, Port Harcourt is a 90 :lol: I'll no be going back, but I've a trip to Cameroon coming up, I'm just acclimatising meself for the World Cup, well that's what I tell folks, but it's all to do with that mosquito repellent that I make, it'll stop bites, but no the bullets...

Makes mental note not to book Port Harcourt for holidays !!!

'KINELL BOB :D eh thought ya'd been away for a wee tour oh the lake districts or off for some extended winter sunshine in Majorca,no roaming the no go areas of the world,you acting as a minder for Ross Kemp?whens yer memoires coming oot?gotta be worth a read! Eh have a mate in the oil industry, telt me a few stories of hostage taking etc from rigs roond there, scary stuff thon :)