Terracing for Dundee Game???

darndarndarn

If the league goes down to the final game is there any chance of the terracing being opened a tcs. surely we could get near 10,000 in then?

The small west stand could very well be opened I think, but not the terracing I wouldn't imagine.

With such a large travelling support likely in that scenario, trying to get the sign off to accommodate home and away fans so close together in what could be a highly volatile environment would give the Police a coronary....especially as it would mean re-writing safety policies, evacuation/contingency plans, risk assessment reports and probably another 101 documents that I've not thought about.

Doing all that for one game isn't worthwhile as we'll be back in the SPL next season anyway :rolleyes:

If the league goes down to the final game is there any chance of the terracing being opened a tcs. surely we could get near 10,000 in then?

The small west stand could very well be opened I think, but not the terracing I wouldn't imagine.

With such a large travelling support likely in that scenario, trying to get the sign off to accommodate home and away fans so close together in what could be a highly volatile environment would give the Police a coronary....especially as it would mean re-writing safety policies, evacuation/contingency plans, risk assessment reports and probably another 101 documents that I've not thought about.

Doing all that for one game isn't worthwhile as we'll be back in the SPL next season anyway :tonguecheek:

i thought this would all have been done wen they dropped into the first division

I dont think it would be possible to open the terrace as it is only half the length of the pitch towards the away end and if there is a decent away support would they not use the catering at that side. I think I saw it open against Ross County, also are there not advertising boards on the terracing now?

And there couldn't possibly be 10,000 the capacity, including a full away end and west stand is 7,750 ish. That small part of terracing wouldn't add over 2k.

P.s If the league is won before the last game of the season then I don't think we would even need the West Stand to be open, as I dont think we will sell out the north and main stands.

Edited by Joe DiMaggio

I heard at a game recently that the club were planning to open out the far end of the west side as terracing, and don't know why or what for, but that's what I was told. Obviously, I can't prove it and have no idea if it is true, but again, that's what I was told.

I heard at a game recently that the club were planning to open out the far end of the west side as terracing, and don't know why or what for, but that's what I was told. Obviously, I can't prove it and have no idea if it is true, but again, that's what I was told.

You weren't talking to yourself were you? :tonguecheek: