FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who Is More Important to ICT?

SMEE

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who is more important to ICT?

tbh i dont no what rooney offer except his clinicality (is that a word?) because foran is our target man and hayes is our creative player but without him we wouldnt score nearly as many goals. it is clearly fate that he will stay to create the greatest irish trio of all time. :twothumbsup:

I think we all know exactly how Rory would cope in the SPL, about as well as he did the last time and about as well as Barrowman did.

Barrowman also scored a huge amount of goals in Div. 2 and was then found wanting in the SPL, he is struggling now as well at 1st Division level, the 2nd Division is not the place to look for premier league strikers.

Whilst Don and others may be right I voted for Hayes because at the moment he is out of the team and we are missing him badly. If I remember rightly the last time we did this and Foran won he had also been missing and we looked like we were struggling without him! So in my case nothing to do with the "rejection factor" just good old fashioned timing of the poll.

I dont think fans voting for Hayes are being 'fickle' or turning on Adam but in some cases it may indeed be the "coping mechanism" referred to. Many seem resigned to losing Adam, and if it helps them cope better by thinking Jonny will be our saviour then fair play to them.

I have said in numerous threads that I would love Rooney to stay at ICT for as long as we can keep him (and I mean it) but given a poll choice of only two options, and no option to say "neither, everyone is important" I also voted for Hayes.

My reason for voting for Hayes is nothing to do with "coping" and everything to do with the roles within the team ..... How many good goalscorers have we had over the years ? Wyness, Stewart, Ritchie, McLean, Thompson, Dargo, even Brewster ..... compare that to how many effective and exciting wingers we have had ..... Wilson & Robson .... any others?

Hayes is an exciting midfielder who can make things happen. Rooney is a striker who can score goals, both are extremely important and without either one of them we are in trouble but the bottom line is that difficult though it will be to replace a striker who has scored 46 in just over 100 appearances, it can be done, but our own history shows it has been harder to replace a good winger.

• Agree 1

My reason for voting for Hayes is nothing to do with "coping" and everything to do with the roles within the team ..... How many good goalscorers have we had over the years ? Wyness, Stewart, Ritchie, McLean, Thompson, Dargo, even Brewster ..... compare that to how many effective and exciting wingers we have had ..... Wilson & Robson .... any others?

EXACTLY my reason for posting this thread. I was curious...coz i too had realised that we have always been pretty well off when it comes to Goalscorers, but not so when it comes to great wingers!

I was also susupicious that there might be some sour grapes towards Rooney, since it looked likely that he is leaving