FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Signing targets

John Potter, Gareth Wardlaw, CRAIG DARGO, Garry Brady, Patrick Cregg, Sean Lynch, Nick Hegarty, Jamie McCluskey, Kyle Faulds, Mark Maclennan and Ally Love have have all been told they're not getting their contracts renewed at St Mirren next season.

Could Craig Dargo be a possible replacement for Rooney if he decides to go?

Any other players in there that might do a job for us?

I'd say if they're not good enough to play for a team who only avoided relegation due to Hamilton being so bad then they are not good enough for us. I think Dargo has only scored in 3 games this season or something equally rubbish.

Dargo is the only name that sticks out however he has had a horrendous time with injuries at St Midden so i dont think its worth the risk.

We definately got the best out of Dargo, before he came to us he had a lot of injury problems and then once he left us it was the same story. None of the other players would add anything to our squad IMO

John Potter, Gareth Wardlaw, CRAIG DARGO, Garry Brady, Patrick Cregg, Sean Lynch, Nick Hegarty, Jamie McCluskey, Kyle Faulds, Mark Maclennan and Ally Love

We are clearly releasing a higher calibre of player than them. But is that good or bad?

Gary Brady looked a decent player. Potter also would have been a decent signing but if we're releasing Munro and Duncan, then it's just not in ICT's plans to go down that established veteran route.

Ubern: if we're dismissing players simply because they got relegated (or, in this case, didn't), then we should sack Esson, Tokely, Munro, Foran, Ross, Rooney etc etc, all of whom were playing for a club that got relegated a couple of seasons ago and were in the SFL1 last season. If they were worse than St Mirren and Hamilton, why should we have kept them? Or is it not that simple?

And just where should we be aiming for then? Have a look at where our players come from. We've not outbid Manchester City for the left-winger at Barcelona. They're mostly cast-offs from lower teams or players with no chance of making the grade where they are. Picking diamonds out of, er, "mud" is what teams like ICT are all about.

• Agree 1

Gary Brady looked a decent player. Potter also would have been a decent signing but if we're releasing Munro and Duncan, then it's just not in ICT's plans to go down that established veteran route.

Ubern: if we're dismissing players simply because they got relegated (or, in this case, didn't), then we should sack Esson, Tokely, Munro, Foran, Ross, Rooney etc etc, all of whom were playing for a club that got relegated a couple of seasons ago and were in the SFL1 last season. If they were worse than St Mirren and Hamilton, why should we have kept them? Or is it not that simple?

And just where should we be aiming for then? Have a look at where our players come from. We've not outbid Manchester City for the left-winger at Barcelona. They're mostly cast-offs from lower teams or players with no chance of making the grade where they are. Picking diamonds out of, er, "mud" is what teams like ICT are all about.

I didn't dismiss them because they were relegated (or close to being so) I was dismissing them because they have been deemed not good enough for a team we should be looking to be better than or at the very least as good as and thus if they are not good enough for them they should not be good enough for us. When we got relegated that was obviously a completely different matter. We, like any other team, kept hold of the best players we could and got rid of those who were not good enough to merit another contract. Of the players we let go I do not know of one who is still playing in the SPL and I believe that St Mirren's released players will be the same.. very few will get a new contract in the SPL.

I think its clear that Terry is looking to youngsters who haven't quite managed to break into much bigger teams (such as Andrew Shinnie) and players from South of the border in the hope of finding another Lee Cox, Johnny Hayes or Kenny Gillet.