FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

How Many Points?

Tug

was doing a little poking about and was just wondering how many points folk thought we would need to be safe?

before all the smart alecs come on and start saying one more than 12th place and we should be going out to win every game and not just trying to avoid relegation. this is more along the lines of how many points do you think the relegated team will have? looking on the spl site i see we were relegated with the highest points total of 37 but i get the gut feeling that the team going down this year will be some way short of that

im thinking 35 - 40 would see us comfortably safe but the team going down could be as low as about 26 ish

With the way Dunfermline are playing one is tempted to say 19 points will be enough. However, they may go on a run and and get a few wins before the end of the season. However, averaging a point a game will usually see you safe and as long as we manage that we should be pretty comfortable. But given we are as close to 4th as we are to 12th, we really need to be looking at the teams ahead of us and not those behind.

The last thing we do is underestimate Dunfermline. The year we were relegated, Terry kept saying we are almost safe. We never got there. A win for Dunfermline next week would create real danger for us and lift Dunfermline. It is a game we must not lose. The aim is to get as many points as possible or not to lose as many as possible. We now have Williams out next week.

Think we may struggle to make top six but I think we can take 15 before the split. Dunfermline Aberdeen Kilmarnock and Hibs all brought in a few players but there isnt enough time left for them to fully gel so I feel we can be above three of these. Kilmarnock seem to be foundering so maybe we can get above them as well. St Mirren blow hot and cold so hard to predict where they'll be. Dunfermline in my opinion will not move of the bottom.

IF we beat the Pars on Saturday, we will be 11 points clear of them with a far superior goal difference. I can't see the Pars getting 12 points between now and the end of the season (if we beat them).

Exactfeckinly. There is no point setting "targets" - it is the old adage of taking one game at a time and giving 100% - Saturday at Dumbfarmlife is a real "six pointer" - give our all and we will survive - which I expect us to do.