Wyness Future

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

*Wyness sold on Buddies ambition - P & J*

Important word there - ambition! Something that seems to be distinctly lacking at ICT at times, especially if what Alan Savage said recently is to be believed.

I think it was clacher_holiday2 that summed up ICT pretty well with the phrase "congratulatory back slapping in the Heathmount" with regards to being happy where we are right now. What we need is to drive the club forward so that other clubs and their ambitions do not superseed our own as is currently happening e.g. St. Mirren, Falkirk.

What we need is to drive the club forward so that other clubs and their ambitions do not superseed our own as is currently happening e.g. St. Mirren, Falkirk.

couldnt agree more, i am worried that we are falling behind teams around us who appear to be investing in the future

Wyness and Dargo will be best mates just like old times!!

As I said a few days ago, this could come back and bite us big time.  If they go on a run of form we could really regret letting Dennis go.  I think that they are both form and confidence players and they are both due a run of form.  Reuniting the partnership that was successful for us could be a real threat to us for next season.

Don't see it happening though, they were equally gash on Saturday.  Time to move on and freshen up things.  No place for sentiment in football, I trust we will bring in adequate replacements.

Don't see it happening though, they were equally gash on Saturday.  Time to move on and freshen up things.  No place for sentiment in football, I trust we will bring in adequate replacements.

i like your optimism, wish i had the same confidence

Just wondered what people thought about the article in today's Inverness Courier?

CRAIG Brewster has conceded defeat in trying to keep Dennis Wyness and maintains it is now "highly unlikely" that Caley Thistle's all-time top scorer will be at the club next season.

Inverness manager Brewster had stated on Saturday that he planned to hold further talks with the 31-year-old yesterday, despite reports that Wyness, now out of contract, had already signed a two-year deal with St Mirren.

Gus MacPherson, boss of the Paisley club, would only say that he had tabled an offer for Wyness, but was still waiting to hear back from his representatives.

Brewster, however, understands that Wyness has opted to leave Caley Thistle, although he did not know if St Mirren was the club he has chosen to sign for.

"I have tried to get in touch with Dennis, but I've not been able to get hold of him," he stated. "As far as I know, he is close to signing for someone else. Given the situation, then I would have to say it is highly unlikely that Dennis will be a Caley Thistle player next season."

Seems like they are trying to saying Denzil walked away rather than being pushed?  :023:

MacPherson confirmed the signing last night after the Rangers game and the Buddies website was also reporting it as well was it not? I don't blame Wyness for walking after the way his contract situation was handled. He needs security and ICT haven't given him that and all Brewster wants to do is "talk more". Saint Mirren have given him an offer, it gives him security for another couple of years and he has been looking at a new house in the South for a wee while now. I don't blame him for wanting to sort his future out instead of hanging around waiting for an offer to come his way.

I don't believe for a single moment that Dennis wanted to leave ICT, but there's only so much any person can put up with before they decide enough is enough and they have to make the decision to walk away.

Brewsters "playing dumb" in the press (again) defies belief.  If he had wanted Wyness to stay then he would have honoured the original deal that was offered and/or spoken to the guy long before now.

The relationship between ICT and the fans has been slowly diminishing for the last 4 or 5 years, but you can almost understand that change as the club was adapting to the "bigger" league.  However it seems they are stooping to a whole new low in their treatment of players.

Do they somehow think that looking after a player who has never made any real contribution to the team for 6 months while he recovers offsets the fact that their pissing all over players who are well respected by the fans and among some of the most talented we've seen at the club?  What's driving this insanity and when is it going to stop?  What's the plan ICT....what's Brewster doing and what can we expect next season?  Perhaps if we knew that then we would be better placed to understand, but once again the silence is deafening.

That last section of your post CaleyD is exactly how I feel and why I am not renewing my season ticket for next season.  ICT are a f*cking shambles at the moment  :008:

It's almost as if Brewster is surprised that he can't get a hold of Wyness after he was dicked about by ICT. I don't see why he would ant to sit down with ICT again to see what they have to offer when he had a good, firm offer from the Saints that secured his future for another couple of seasons in the SPL. Brewster yet again comes across as a rank amatuer in the managerial stakes with this latest episode.

I am beginning to wonder if anyone at ICT comprehends just how difficult next season will be. Hamilton, as has already been mentioned on here, are no Gretna. We won't be relying on them to save ourselves next season. With the numbr of players on the way out of the TCS we need a good few coming in to replace them of better quality. This summer is perhaps going to be one of the most challenging in ICTs history.

That last section of your post CaleyD is exactly how I feel and why I am not renewing my season ticket for next season.  ICT are a f*cking shambles at the moment  :008:
iam with you jay i was going to renew my seasons tickets but if they they want to treat a legend like this there not getting my money to waste on third rate never will bs from chester :021:

Guest Aboynamedsue

have we got till July the 4th to renew our season tickets ?

I'm sort of trying to hang on till we see who's being signed

Grudge paying money in case we get less than Quality signings !

Denzil is an ICT legend, full stop, had he been producing the goods, he would still be an ICT player, open yer eyes! he has been gash this season, all the best.. now lets look to the future.

I recall the waygoing of Dargo and how he was going to come back and make us regret his leaving and I hear the same sentiments for Denzil now.

Well with our defence having the worst record in the SPL(forget Gretna, they don't count unless you are looking at our latest win against them!) I doubt, looking at the scoring statistics of the pair of the above mentioned forwards, any sleep will be lost by whatever players make up our defence next season, whenever St Midden comes to town!!

A cause for not renewing your season ticket??  I think NOT!

They are history - get over it!

I think Brewster had a reality check when he changed his mind or had his mind changed for him, over the contract and I think this time next year we will appreciate the sensible course of action that was. 

For the record, I don't like Brewsters management style - or should that be, lack of management style.