News
    There is no UNITY without COMM-UNITY : Please sign the petition at change.org CLICK HERE ///---///\\\---\\\ JOIN the Supporters Trust : We need Supporter #TogetherNESS more than ever and to speak with one voice. Join the Trust today CLICK HERE ///---///\\\---\\\

Transfers at close of window

Alex MacLeod

Balde was offered more than just ?25,000 a week from what I can gather. He was also offered an additional ?10,000 every time he made an appearance.

This would have given him the chance to earn more money than he is on at present and does, IMO, suggests that Balde fears that he might not cut the mustard down south....and in effect, be left on the bench (or worse) and out of pocket.

He has every right to see out his contract where he is, and I would never argue a persons right to that.....but I do question his motivation when he has a potentially better offer on the table.

Who the bloody hell cares about baldy. I thought the forum was about i. c. t.

Slow down there roby, this debate has just been lowered in tone so far that it could now be called an argument. If anyone else joins in we will have a full scale riot on our hands.

NOTE

Yes Scotty, I am point proving and yes I realise that I have been warned about this but I believe my point is valid enough for me to do so. Like you said in an earlier post some things are worth it.

Did we not sign three players on the stroke of midnight last summer.

I believe McGuire & Proctor both came in late on Deadline Day last year. That was certainly ICT's most eventful transfer day in recent years!

On the general topic of the lack of ICT signings, I think the squad is too thin, especially at Centre Back, however I'm prepared to back Brewster on the condition that there were no quality options available. I agree its not worth filling the squad with low quality players just for the sake of squad depth.

Incidentally, MFR reported this morning we tried to get James McPake on a club record deal last night. Any truth in that one?

If ?50,000 was all Birmingham were looking for to sell Aluko i wish we had at least looked at him. That was well within our range and he would have been an excellent wide-player for us....he reaked havoc on us last time he played up here.

If ?50,000 was all Birmingham were looking for to sell Aluko i wish we had at least looked at him. That was well within our range and he would have been an excellent wide-player for us....he reaked havoc on us last time he played up here.

McLeish would not have sold him to any other club for that price.

Edited by chris123

We affered Livi ?100k for McPake which was turned down as they value him at ?250k......Watch out in January, he could become a pre-contract if he doesn't extend his contract with him. Also tried to get McCracken from Wycombe but his wage demand was too much. So he has been trying but once again money becomes the stumbling block.

It looks like there were no players available within our budget that the manager considered to be better than those alrady at the club. On that basis, it was sensible not to bring in anyone just for the sake of it.

You will all find out the real reason why we didnt go into the window market when you see next years accounts - by the way when are we going to receive the reduced money from Bucharest ?

It looks like there were no players available within our budget that the manager considered to be better than those alrady at the club. On that basis, it was sensible not to bring in anyone just for the sake of it.

You will all find out the real reason why we didnt go into the window market when you see next years accounts - by the way when are we going to receive the reduced money from Bucharest ?

I'm winning the euromillions on friday and buying the club so next years accounts will be showing vast profit

I am reliably informed that not only Niculae got a pay off but so did his agent and a return of shares to Orion (in Kind) plus the transfer monies that are left have only been partly paid by Dinamo Bucharest - still may all be peeple at the club trying to wind me up ?? :rotflmao:

I am reliably informed that not only Niculae got a pay off but so did his agent and a return of shares to Orion (in Kind) plus the transfer monies that are left have only been partly paid by Dinamo Bucharest - still may all be peeple at the club trying to wind me up ?? :rotflmao:

Nothing worse than winding up a wind up eh Johndo

Just have a look at the "clues" Alex and try and read between the lines - why have we not secured anybody this transfer window and why are we stalling on some contracts ? The rumours are rife that we got stuffed by Savage - as a retaliatory blow to Sutherland - that Marius took more than we bargained for - his agent demanded a hefty fee - the price was reduced and allowed to come in installments. Yet another "veil of secrecy" at TCS as certain "members" attempt to conceal the fact that they have been outmanouevered and were very management naieve.

A clear statement from the club would help even if ity makes them look silly.

Salary / signing on fee ......

Anyway, re. Marius, did we not recieve the dosh from Bucharest? the compensation due was between ICT and Marius, whether they came to some kind of deal we will probably never know.

What is true is Savage ripped us of with the share deal/wages/contract in the Marius saga.

So back to transfer dealings. Anyone think Brian Kerr be worth a shout on a short term deal? He is a free agent.

Meant to be woeful!

Mind when we got Wilson in on deadline day about 3 seasons back? At least I think we did. That was great news.

So back to transfer dealings. Anyone think Brian Kerr be worth a shout on a short term deal? He is a free agent.

Meant to be woeful!

Mind when we got Wilson in on deadline day about 3 seasons back? At least I think we did. That was great news.

Yeh spoke to a few Motherwell & Hibs fans and they say he is a player that thinks he is better than he actually is... we have enough cover in the centre of the park & I would hope Brew is looking for players that'll graft than upset the dressing room

I think Brew's played a blinder this transfer window... he must have made the board a small fortune during the last few months and we only seem to be a couple of players short of a very capable team

I would have liked to see some pace upfront & a big centre half but if we can't get these players at a reasonable price then why not give the youngsters a chance, they've shown how capable they are so far... it's better that than being bent over a barrel to pay a massive transfer fee or getting stuck with a player on a massive salary that we don't rate at that value (i.e. Balde)

I would have taken McCraken when he was released from United last year (?) but not now if he wants a big wage... McPake would be an excellent signing IMO but think there will be more than 1 team sniffing about him at next transfer window

Edited by Harry Chibber

I don't think the Aluko case was a straight forward signing.

The young lad was unhappy with his current position and had been very happy at Pittodrie, shared this by phone with Calderwood, who no doubt offered big Eck a way out.

?50,000 and then off back to Pittodrie BUT, I bet, big Eck will get the largest slice of any future move for the lad.

He was a superb signing from what we have seen of him last season, just let's hope Rossco will stand on his toes, when we meet and we can then collectively state 'What a waste of ?50,000 - Thank God we did not sign him'!!