FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Favorite game played on a console

SMEE

Having been subjected to watching my son all afternoon play on his console.....got me to thinking about the best games i have played on (in my case ps2). Am not a big gamer per se, but over the years, i would have to say that the best i have played is out of the following,

Resident Evil Series (Loved Resident Evil Directors cut on PS1)

Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater

Cold Fear

Only console I ever had was PS2 and I havent updated to PS3 yet so I would have to go with .....

Metal Gear Solid (cant remember version - partly set on an oil rig or something like that)

Some WWII thing where the first scene was landing on the beaches at Normandy

both of these were about 6 or 7 years ago so forgive my vagueness

I did buy a PS2 over here and probably the best game I played on it was Grand Theft Auto San Andreas

Like a sad git, i've just upgraded my ps3 from a 40 gig to a new 80 gig but i only ever play Fifa. Will probably get a boxing game sooner or later but i've got no interest in these games where you wander around shooting all sorts of ****. Or driving games.

Only yesterday i beat ICT 10-0. :rotflmao: Boydy scored 8 too.

Only console I ever had was PS2 and I havent updated to PS3 yet so I would have to go with .....

Metal Gear Solid (cant remember version - partly set on an oil rig or something like that)

Some WWII thing where the first scene was landing on the beaches at Normandy

both of these were about 6 or 7 years ago so forgive my vagueness

I did buy a PS2 over here and probably the best game I played on it was Grand Theft Auto San Andreas

Think your Metal Gear Solid game was maybe the MGS2 (Sons of Liberty), where if i recall correctly, you begin on a ship?

I loved all the MGS games!

Maybe the WWII game was Brothers in Arms or Medal Of Honour.

Them GTA games corrupt ya Scotty, you'll become a delinquent :rotflmao:

Think your Metal Gear Solid game was maybe the MGS2 (Sons of Liberty), where if i recall correctly, you begin on a ship? I loved all the MGS games! Maybe the WWII game was Brothers in Arms or Medal Of Honour.

Them GTA games corrupt ya Scotty, you'll become a delinquent :rotflmao:

MGS2 it was .... and Medal of Honour is right as well !

Dont think I have touched the PS2 for about a year ... may go and fire up FIFA for a while this afternoon LOL.

Like a sad git, i've just upgraded my ps3 from a 40 gig to a new 80 gig but i only ever play Fifa.

Excuse my ignorance....but why would you need to upgrade to an 80Gig PS3? Does it play Fifa better or something?

Like a sad git, i've just upgraded my ps3 from a 40 gig to a new 80 gig but i only ever play Fifa.

Excuse my ignorance....but why would you need to upgrade to an 80Gig PS3? Does it play Fifa better or something?

No, he seen that the prices had came right down, and to sell the 40gb one on e bay and get an 80gig version didnt make much of a difference, people really should shop about before making over priced bids for items on e bay.

But as long as the dafties are there, they will be exploited i suppose.

I always loved the space invaders table in the Market Bar when i was a Teen.. happy days

I was a fan of that game in the market also, there were 2 bars in inverness with the table version, that i can mind, the other was in the public bar at the drumossie hotel..

Per console I have ever owned....

Atari - FA Manager (i think it was called)

GameBoy - Mario Golf (which I still own. lol)

Mega Drive - Golden Axe / Italia 90 / Sonic the Hedgeog

NES - Super Mario (nothing else came close here)

SNES - Mario Kart

PlayStation - Crash Bandicoot/GTA

PS2 - Crazy Taxi/Medal of Honour

Wii - Guitar Hero 3

never really got into resident evil or Metal Gear Solid.

one of the hardest games I played as The Getaway on PS2. I dont think I got past the 5th level. lol

The original Mario Bros, Tiger Woods Golf.

What was the arcade game that was a triangle that shot rocks....was it Astroids?? every now and again a spaceship would appear that made a noise that I could almost spell goes something like oih oih oih oih oih oih until it was hit.

Edited by Dmacca

What was the arcade game that was a triangle that shot rocks....was it Astroids?? every now and again a spaceship would appear that made a noise that I could almost spell goes something like oih oih oih oih oih oih until it was hit.

That'll be this ane Macca

Asteroids.....

Heilandee

That sure is the one, good fun brings back some great memories thanks for that, trouble is my lads been hogging it all night since I opened the link LOL.

Macca

Good memories of Manic Miner on the Spectrum 128, going back a bit though, Also Doom on the PC had a good grip on me time...

That Nintendo Wii with the fit thing, fookin thing called me a fat bassa and had to loose weight!!!!

Edited by caley100

Good memories of Manic Miner on the Spectrum 128, going back a bit though, Also Doom on the PC had a good grip on me time...

That Nintendo Wii with the fit thing, fookin thing called me a fat bassa and had to loose weight!!!!

Caley100 Dont work about it telling your big...The fooking thing told me i was obese !!!