News
    There is no UNITY without COMM-UNITY : Please sign the petition at change.org CLICK HERE ///---///\\\---\\\ JOIN the Supporters Trust : We need Supporter #TogetherNESS more than ever and to speak with one voice. Join the Trust today CLICK HERE ///---///\\\---\\\

Six games into the season

Alex MacLeod

I still believe that come the end of the season the top four, in no particular order, will be ourselves, Dundee, Partick and Dunfermline.

I take comfort from the fact that each of these teams have had just as indifferent a start to the season as ourselves.

Agree with all of that

I Agree too, but getting in to the top 4 this week has been the problem for us, heres hoping its just a wee set back...

But we have lost only one of 10 competetive games this season - sadly the worst possible home defeat of the lot - but who wanted it most on the day. We are in the semi of the Alba Cup and just off the pace in the league. We have had five clean sheets and only conceded 8 goals in 10 games

Things don't sound so bad when you put it like that.

Although i missed Airdrie, i've been to the other 5 league games (3 decent away performaces and 2 very poor home ones) and still haven't decided if this side is capable of making a challenge. My expectations are not especially high - i'd like to see us finishing in the top 3 and challenging for as long as we are able. The return of Imrie and Odhiambo should make a difference and i see a lot of promise in Cox, Sanchez and Hayes. Butcher deserves a certain amount of respect and understanding for the way he has handled such a massive turnaround in playing staff - it needed doing. However, that's not to say he gets his team selections right. He's stuck with the same midfield 4 since Imrie's injury and whenever i see it emerge from the tunnel i just think - inexperienced, lightweight, tidy enough on the ball bur never going to win a battle of wills. Butcher conceded almost as much in today's P&J:

A lot of the players have not had a consecutive sequence of games in their careers let alone this year. They are finding it, mentally, a test for them.

I think the answer should be obvious then. In the nicest possible way, give a wee rest to the ones who are struggling most (Stratford and Eagle) and bring in a bit of steely experience for the Partick game. If we sort the midfield out and find a bit of home form then i don't think we'll be too far away.

But we have lost only one of 10 competetive games this season - sadly the worst possible home defeat of the lot - but who wanted it most on the day. We are in the semi of the Alba Cup and just off the pace in the league. We have had five clean sheets and only conceded 8 goals in 10 games

Things don't sound so bad when you put it like that.

Although i missed Airdrie, i've been to the other 5 league games (3 decent away performaces and 2 very poor home ones) and still haven't decided if this side is capable of making a challenge. My expectations are not especially high - i'd like to see us finishing in the top 3 and challenging for as long as we are able. The return of Imrie and Odhiambo should make a difference and i see a lot of promise in Cox, Sanchez and Hayes. Butcher deserves a certain amount of respect and understanding for the way he has handled such a massive turnaround in playing staff - it needed doing. However, that's not to say he gets his team selections right. He's stuck with the same midfield 4 since Imrie's injury and whenever i see it emerge from the tunnel i just think - inexperienced, lightweight, tidy enough on the ball bur never going to win a battle of wills. Butcher conceded almost as much in today's P&J:

A lot of the players have not had a consecutive sequence of games in their careers let alone this year. They are finding it, mentally, a test for them.

I think the answer should be obvious then. In the nicest possible way, give a wee rest to the ones who are struggling most (Stratford and Eagle) and bring in a bit of steely experience for the Partick game. If we sort the midfield out and find a bit of home form then i don't think we'll be too far away.

Very good points. The other thing we must remember is the budgetary constraints the club has had to adjust to.

It IS between us and Dundee, undoubtedly the top two Teams at the end of the Season.

Early days and no consistency.

No panic either, we'll start our bid for glory soon - we're just settling in nicely.

Enjoy.

There is no way County or Raith have the ability to sustain any sort of challenge.

Nice to see that you agree with me.

It IS between us and Dundee, undoubtedly the top two Teams at the end of the Season.

No panic either, we'll start our bid for glory soon - we're just settling in nicely.

Enjoy.

There is no way County or Raith have the ability to sustain any sort of challenge.

I think you will find it is you who agrees with me.

Enjoy.

I think you will find it is you who agrees with me.

Ach dont flatter yerself - I know that you will follow my every word. Sometimes you have to read previous threads to understand - and I appreciate that any length of concentration may be difficult for you humpbackruin.