Singing section

12th Man

I thought this would warrant its own thread instead of merging with atmosphere and Scottish cup round 4.

With the Motherwell game coming up the club has the opportunity to sell tickets for a noisy section which could be publicised as say section F/G.

The club can then gauge the level of interest for this section,how many season ticket holders have requested a move out of this area for the game and how many have wanted to stay.

The club will have some real facts and figures to go by and also a noisy north stand.

Thoughts

I thought this would warrant its own thread instead of merging with atmosphere and Scottish cup round 4.

With the Motherwell game coming up the club has the opportunity to sell tickets for a noisy section which could be publicised as say section F/G.

The club can then gauge the level of interest for this section,how many season ticket holders have requested a move out of this area for the game and how many have wanted to stay.

The club will have some real facts and figures to go by and also a noisy north stand.

Thoughts

Sorry struggling to see the benefit for the club for this to happen

Thoughts

How about trying to recreate the same noise levels that our fans make at away games.

Thoughts

How about trying to recreate the same noise levels that our fans make at away games.

We will never have as good an atmosphere as there is at away games.

Physically the ground is very open and doesn't really lend itself to noise retention. There's not much the club can do about this except remove the North Stand?

I can't be assed moving seat to be honest. I like being surrounded by negativity.

Those who want to sign should come over to section E to wind up the sweetie rustlers.

Nice idea, but not possible or practical......Season Ticket holders are entitled to first dibs on their seats and if the club were to deny them that then it's asking for problems/complaints.

First and foremost I don't want to upset any of ICT's fans by suggesting that they must move out of a certain area.

IF say section G was to become noisier, would some fans sitting in this area prefer to move?

I used to go to around 75% of home games and pay at the gate but bought my season ticket when we joined the SPL and have done ever since. but I preferred to move from my usual seating area because I was sick of someone behind always getting angry, shouting at the team and wingeing. I felt that my enjoyment of the game would be better if I sat somewhere else.

I don't think that section G was ever advertised as a singing section so fans originally just sat there to watch the game.

Its about the quality of enjoyment at the game, some people may not enjoy being surrounded by noisy fans and may wish that they sat somewhere quieter,some are happy joining in and I bet some would absolutely love to sit in section G.

So its not about forcing people from their seats its about raising the awareness of where fans sit and why and improving their day out.

The problem is the people who sing have the exact same to sing as the people who dnt sing to choose not to sing

Y shld people who want to sing in a certain section have the right to sit there and ppl have to be moved because they dnt want to sing

Just because people don't sing does not mean that they are not true fans

Nice idea, but not possible or practical......Season Ticket holders are entitled to first dibs on their seats and if the club were to deny them that then it's asking for problems/complaints.

First and foremost I don't want to upset any of ICT's fans by suggesting that they must move out of a certain area.

IF say section G was to become noisier, would some fans sitting in this area prefer to move?

I used to go to around 75% of home games and pay at the gate but bought my season ticket when we joined the SPL and have done ever since. but I preferred to move from my usual seating area because I was sick of someone behind always getting angry, shouting at the team and wingeing. I felt that my enjoyment of the game would be better if I sat somewhere else.

I don't think that section G was ever advertised as a singing section so fans originally just sat there to watch the game.

Its about the quality of enjoyment at the game, some people may not enjoy being surrounded by noisy fans and may wish that they sat somewhere quieter,some are happy joining in and I bet some would absolutely love to sit in section G.

So its not about forcing people from their seats its about raising the awareness of where fans sit and why and improving their day out.

No offence but why are these people who want to sing during games ( of which I have no problem with) sit in the singing section allocated by the club?

The problem is the people who sing have the exact same to sing as the people who dnt sing to choose not to sing

Y shld people who want to sing in a certain section have the right to sit there and ppl have to be moved because they dnt want to sing

True fans sing.

True fans sing.

What proof do u have to that statement?

True fans sing.

what proof do you want?

True fans sing.

what proof do you want?

Well in your own words you have effectively said that ict only have about 50/100 TRUE fans

How would you compare the noise generated by our fans at home and away games?

Do noisy fans have a positive effect on the team that you support.

At away games, do you normally find that the noisy ones go and sit as high up the stand as they can, they usually start the noise, the ones below join in and the spectators sit lower down? all the people are fans and they have all decided where they want to sit?

If you mixed all of the fans up and randomly placed them back in the stand, would the atmosphere be the same and would some fans be happier sitting elsewhere?

Would you say that the atmosphere is good at home or could it be improved?

Think of the match you enjoyed the most, was it deadly silent or was it a din and did you feel a compelling urge to make some noise too ?

Getting back to the north stand its not about eviction, its about getting some of the pieces of the jigsaw in the right place. voluntarily of course.

How would you compare the noise generated by our fans at home and away games?

Do noisy fans have a positive effect on the team that you support.

At away games, do you normally find that the noisy ones go and sit as high up the stand as they can, they usually start the noise, the ones below join in and the spectators sit lower down? all the people are fans and they have all decided where they want to sit?

If you mixed all of the fans up and randomly placed them back in the stand, would the atmosphere be the same and would some fans be happier sitting elsewhere?

Would you say that the atmosphere is good at home or could it be improved?

Think of the match you enjoyed the most, was it deadly silent or was it a din and did you feel a compelling urge to make some noise too ?

Getting back to the north stand its not about eviction, its about getting some of the pieces of the jigsaw in the right place. voluntarily of course.

To be honest, my favourite match this season was the away victory over Ayr. I haven't picked this game out for the scoreline.

The whole day was great fun, Somerset Park was a hoot - the stewards were sound too. The banter was top notch and the noise from the stand was great. And there was no negativity! I thought it was cool also that we weren't really properly segregated from the Ayr fans and I was speaking to quite a few of them in the catering queue. (No pies though)

Nobody said anything about not beeing a "true fan" if you dont sing. However, alot of people want to sing, to get behind the players on the pitch, who need some backing. Im sure if anyone wanted to join the singing, the club could move your seat so that you could sit in section G and join in with the banter. I know alot of dont want to move seats, because they may have been sitting there for years, so why dont you start some singing in your section with a group of friends, i'm sure people would join in.

Positive effect? Errr you looked at the table recently?

We have an average attaendance of around 3000/3750 every home game we aren't exactly going to have a rocking stadium for the full 90 mins

Positive effect ! Does this confirm that 300 away fans make more noise that 3000 home ones. Have you looked at the table for home and away form.

Positive effect? Errr you looked at the table recently?

We have an average attaendance of around 3000/3750 every home game we aren't exactly going to have a rocking stadium for the full 90 mins

Positive effect ! Does this confirm that 300 away fans make more noise that 3000 home ones. Have you looked at the table for home and away form.

I have just looked at the table, if the league was split in to home and away tables we would be in 7th place for home games and 1st for away games. Even after losing to Partick

Could some people stop turning this thread into a petty argument. Be it home or away it is fact that like minded people sitting together will generate more noise. It is fact that players respond to the noise. It is also fact that the people who make noise at away games stay silent at home. And before anyone tries to counter that statement cast your minds back to a day last season when the north stand was silent, the team were crying out for support and I try to encourage the famous section G to make some noise only to find myself having to absord a tirade of abuse.

Could some people stop turning this thread into a petty argument. Be it home or away it is fact that like minded people sitting together will generate more noise. It is fact that players respond to the noise. It is also fact that the people who make noise at away games stay silent at home. And before anyone tries to counter that statement cast your minds back to a day last season when the north stand was silent, the team were crying out for support and I try to encourage the famous section G to make some noise only to find myself having to absord a tirade of abuse.

Well what ive found is that its not a case of Section G cant sing at home, its more a case of they WONT sing at home because we get no help from others and all we get is abuse from some fans(who actually sit in Section G) or its the club stewards(who havent being that bad lately)