FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Well done MAIN STAND

WYNESS101

Personally I couldn't hear anything from the main stand. Probably cos me and missus were right in among the lads in section G and nothing could be heard over them.

Why is this post on 3 red dots? :blink:

Have a green yin to even it up a little bit, didn't hear much from the Main Stand either but presuming they made some noise to warrant these comments so well done all involved. :clapping:

Edited by ICTFCkev
  • Agree 2

did try to sing but landed up spending more time baiting scot leitch and paul hartley

leitch was so close to getting sent to the stands it was getting seriously funny....plus the moment when some threatened to call childline and report him for shouting at the Kids to GET UP THEN was worth the entry fee alone

quality sideline entertainment

• Agree 2

Personally I couldn't hear anything from the main stand. Probably cos me and missus were right in among the lads in section G and nothing could be heard over them.

Why is this post on 3 red dots? :blink:

Have a red yin to even it up a little bit, didn't hear much from the Main Stand either but presuming they made some noise to warrant these comments so well done all involved. :clapping:

Sorry Alex don't go with all this section G p*sh. We hear you, but the volume levels are pretty poor and stuttering. I sit in the main stand periodically and observe the likes of Drew and "neighbours" attempts to motivate the paper rustlers. Yesterday they suceeded and I think the majority actually enjoyed the atmosphere and banter. Wish it could only be a regular occurence. If there was a uniform "team" backing instead of "stand" sniping perhaps Terry's comments would not be an exception but the rule.

PS. Could somebody please explain this "dot" system which seems to be an irritating clique feel good factor for moderators and geeks. I like to visit the forum for a bit of fun, but it's getting a labour with all these veiled sub-sections. Rant over, bring back the old school when you could just come online and enjoy a bit of Craic !!

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

Believe it or not I wasn't trying to decry the main stand. Just giving credit to those in the north who chanted relentlessly throughout the match.

I use the north stand and I use the main stand and one cannot hear the other. Thats a problem of stadium design.

And there's me thinking it's my Guinness intake !! What about the dots thing?? I'm not the only one questioning it, there were quite a few comments in the Alamo last week about the lack of clarity and general understanding.

And there's me thinking it's my Guinness intake !! What about the dots thing?? I'm not the only one questioning it, there were quite a few comments in the Alamo last week about the lack of clarity and general understanding.

Dots.....a system whereby someone can give a positive or negative response to a particular post. Personally I've ignored them.

• Disagree 1

Dots.....a system whereby someone can give a positive or negative response to a particular post. Personally I've ignored them.

Think I'll stick with the Guinness intake equation, colour and number relevant to pint ratio :rolleyes::laugh:

I can't believe that after our first win against Aberdeen in Inverness in a competitive game we are back to this Main Stand v North Stand rubbish.

I was in the North STand I could hardly hear a peep for a lot of the game but when the fans got going they were clearly audible. but there was certainly no "relentless chanting". The Main Stand, when they got a chant going, could also be heard around the stadium. There was even some noise coming from the "West Stand"!

Instead of pigeon holing other ICT fans how about we just say well done to all the fans in all the stands when they did sing and got behind the team. The players clearly appreciate it :ictscarf:

• Agree 1

Sorry RiG, maybe its my style of writing, or my intended meaning is not being interprated as I intend. I dont see any Main v North rivalry in this thread. I'd like to hear noise from all sections of the ground but sound does not carry well between stands, especially if your up the back, and, it would appear, does not carry well within the north stand. Missus and I were forced to stand for whole game (no complaint on that score) because we were in the middle of the guys chanting for most of it.

My initial post was not an us v them but to point out that the north stand were just as vocal. Something thats not very usual at TCS.

There's an obvious solution to the atmosphere issue - hand out megaphones, massive flags and flares to fans as they enter the ground. That'll create a very noisey and intimidating atmosphere :cool: