News
    There is no UNITY without COMM-UNITY : Please sign the petition at change.org CLICK HERE ///---///\\\---\\\ JOIN the Supporters Trust : We need Supporter #TogetherNESS more than ever and to speak with one voice. Join the Trust today CLICK HERE ///---///\\\---\\\

Whos happy playing the Dons on 24th Dec

12th Man

I have read that Duncan Fraser from Donshire wants to request that our Saturday 24th Dec match be moved to an earlier midweek game?????

http://www.teamtalk.com/hamilton-academical/6994983/SPL-defend-Christmas-Eve-games

I am more than happy to go to the Saturday game on Christmas eve and am lookng forward to all the festive fixtures this will be a great time to be with the family at the football match.

Get a grip Fraser you would be home for 7.30 anyway. take the family with you to the match, why dont you go shopping on the evening you want the match shifted to.

I think the SPL have done a good job organising the fixtures.

Anyone else happy with the 24th Dec match?

Edited by 12th Man

They were happy taking our cash when we used their ground for home fixtures and each game was down the goat track. Presumably we would have been happy travelling to Pitodrie had the fixture been reversed. Let's hope Father Christmas cares for those who do not whinge but just get on with things. Mind you, Celtic would finish bottom on that assumption.

I'm loving the idea of the Christmas Eve fixtures....especially with them keeping the K.O. times at 3pm (although a couple will probably be moved for TV).

Unlike Boxing Day games where many are likely to be suffering a little from over indulging the day before and perhaps swithering on heading out to the game, everyone will be in the festive mood and it should make for a better day out for all. Christmas Eve game also means players and staff can relax more on Christmas Day and not have to worry about being in work the next day.

Far better than the idea of a mid week fixture where people will be working on the day of the game and probably the day after. Kids are in school till the Thursday, so a Tuesday/Wednesday game does not fit with that either.

I really hope ICT refuse any change of date.

An encouraging return to one the more traditional dates for a festive football match - a definite well wrapped early Crimbo pressie and a chance to have a "dummy run" at the yuletide frivolities and a wonderful opportunity to ring out tunes such as "Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the way - oh what fun it is to see the Caley win away :twothumbsup:

Totally agree with that has been already said. When I read the fixtures this was one of the highlights for me! People will be home for the holidays and up for this. What a crap idea to change it to a midweek work/school night. Hope the club dont change this.

An encouraging return to one the more traditional dates for a festive football match - a definite well wrapped early Crimbo pressie and a chance to have a "dummy run" at the yuletide frivolities and a wonderful opportunity to ring out tunes such as "Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the way - oh what fun it is to see the Caley win away :twothumbsup:

Except we'll be at home that day.

"They were happy taking our cash when we used their ground for home fixtures"

Personally I recall us being extremely grateful to Aberdeen for accommodating us to gain SPL status.

Initially when we were seeking backing and support for admission I presented the AFC copy of our petition and received great support and encouragement from those within Pittodrie.

I'll be in my usual seat on Christmas Eve, probably with a 6 hour round trip, let's just hope the biggest problem with our "dung heap" visits, the A96 is passable and safe for all fans.

"They were happy taking our cash when we used their ground for home fixtures"

Personally I recall us being extremely grateful to Aberdeen for accommodating us to gain SPL status.

Initially when we were seeking backing and support for admission I presented the AFC copy of our petition and received great support and encouragement from those within Pittodrie.

I'll be in my usual seat on Christmas Eve, probably with a 6 hour round trip, let's just hope the biggest problem with our "dung heap" visits, the A96 is passable and safe for all fans.

makes a change from us having to do it

Makes much more sense to have a Christmas eve game than a boxing day one for starters. Players get to play then head home to the families and enjoy christmas. Imagine having to watch what you were eating on christmas day. Not have a litte too much to drink. They might be "professionals" but even they deserve a christmas break.

And surely a match between ICT and Aberdeen is the best possible tie for such a date? Home or away. Everyone would be home by the back of 8 if they wanted and thats plenty of time to kick back and get the christmas cheer on.

Stick to the fixture ICT. Dont let them get away with this needless whining.

I spoke to someone from the Aberdeen camp and they thought Christmas eve sounds like a good idea as the players get to enjoy christmas with their families for a change with no footy on boxing day, not just the players but all the back room staff and pundits too.