FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Roman on Loan

CaleyD

Must have been on the radar then if we swooped this quickly after the investment came in, those in the know obviously knew it would go through and was a matter of waiting.

Good to see a defender coming in and bolstering the numbers especially given our injuries, wouldn't be shocked if we bring in a striker now as well but probably on loan.

It could be of course thought that this new signing has nothing to do with the new investment. It's quite common for some loan deals to be that the receiving club pay only part or nothing towards the players wages.

• Agree 1

I think its safe to assume he goes straight into the squad for tomorrow, seems like a decent signing, a new striker i think needs to be priority now. Despite injury problems i think we will be ok in midfield.

Forgive me for adding a wee bit pessimism, but do we really need another young, inexperienced defender? i cant see young Golly (another one) bringing anymore to the defence other than short term cover, as the obvious back four choice in Rossco's unfair absence is Pier Aldred Hogg and Shinnie.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

People were worried last season when injury forced us into using young inexperienced players....players who then went on to keep more experienced guys out of the team and contributed a great deal in our best ever season.

There are many many under 21 players proving to be very successful in English and Spanish leagues. We in Scotland have been so used to seeing teams of hasbeens playing in a league that is stooping to a standard of football that is becoming as good as that of Irish league that we are failing to realise that those U-21's can actually play decent football.

• Agree 1

Being smack back in Pie Eating country and all the in laws being Wigun supporters I have some genuine inside knowledge here - especially from my brother in law who works at the stadium and watches all the reserve games.

Unfortunately he describes Golobart as a skillful, typically Spanish defender who is very strong in the air and likes to play football from the back. He does also describe him as being a bit too cocky at times and prone to have lapses in concentration - and is a far better player when he has more experienced defenders around him. States that he could be deadly from dead ball situations. He has apparently just got into the first team squad due to his performances in training. He stands out in Wigan as he doesnt wears braces or buys his clothes from primark.

I am also reliably informed that we made a double swoop here and attempted to take Jordan Rugg on loan as well - not sure as he is another who is injury prone - but were turned down as the Wigun view is that this lad could be a first team squad player if he remains injury free.

We appear to be really trying fer strikers - and focussing on the North West - and we have gone back to Owen Coyle again and are trying to broker a deal fer a centre forward - Micahel O'Halloran - from Glasgow - who has also just broke in to the first team squad.

• Agree 1