FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Pepper

PaderbornCaley

Conor has been electric every time he has come on.

Who can forget the last kick of the ball against Hearts to draw the game?! Or his goal against Hibs?! Every time he came on in the first half of the season he was fantastic.

But the management don‘t pick one of our best players any more. This begs the obvious question.

Why?

• Agree 1

I do wonder about the substitutions being used at times as injuries aside they do seem to be fairly predictable with no real impact.

Maybe the stats will prove me wrong but if you have players on the bench such as Pepper and Polworth that are deemed good enough to be there then why aren't they being used more often especially if it means changing the shape when trying to get something out of a game.

Would be interested to see this seasons stats to date to see who are making the most substitution appearances and who are the players that get withdrawn the most.

I still actually think that Roberts will end up as a far better player than either Pepper or Polworth. He will be a scorer in at least the Championship one day when the arrogance and over confidence of yoof is torn out of him. We are crucifying this young lad in the manner that we continue to play him - (sorry unless it is part of the deal ?) - When he came on to the park yesterday the majority of the away fans groaned. If the poor lad does access this site he would be feckin pleading to go back to Arsenal.

I really don't understand why Pepper is not getting a chance, even as a sub for a decent 20 - 30 minutes.  When he came on in a few games early in the season he did really well and I can't recall anyone doing anything but praise the lad.  We now have our captain (a midfielder out of contention whilst A Shinnie and Ross both seem to be struggling over 90 minutes.  And whilst Pepper gets overlooked, Roberts who has failed to live up to early season promise gets used in just about every game.  In those circumstances I simply cannot understand why Pepper cannot get on the park.   Against Kilmarnock insult was added to injury when Butcher put on a defender to shore up a tiring midfield whilst Pepper remained on the bench. He then sees Polworth preferred against Motherwell.  Poor lad must be wondering what he has to do to get a game.

I also agree with IHE about Roberts who, I think, has the potential to be a very good player.  But he has not done well of late and clearly does not have a support of the fans in general. and has been getting a lot of stick.  He really should be rested for a while. 

I've no reason to doubt that Terry has valid reasons for picking Ross/Roberts/Sutherland/Polworth over Pepper in recent weeks, but it's a wee bit disappointing all the same, as well all had high hopes earlier in the season that we'd uncovered a gem.

Pepper has made more impact coming off the bench in his handful of games than Shane has in about 60 similar opportunities.

• Agree 1

Pepper> Gnakpa Gnakpa> Dean Mcdonald DeanMcdonald> Roberts Roberts> NO FECKING SOUL

Say what you like about Roberts but there is absolutely no chance that he rates below the likes of Gnapka. 

Or Deano!

• Agree 1

Conor has been electric every time he has come on.

Who can forget the last kick of the ball against Hearts to draw the game?! Or his goal against Hibs?! Every time he came on in the first half of the season he was fantastic.

But the management don‘t pick one of our best players any more. This begs the obvious question.

Why?

Could it just be that, because Conor plays in U-20's Butcher doesn't want to risk burning the lad out. After all he's only 18.

There aye seems to be conspiracy theories whenever the youngsters are mentioned but I think Conor and Liam etc get quite a lot of competitive game time in their development. I also think we dont have enough U-20 players to compete in that league so what we've got has to be protected.