FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Rory McAllister

martinskye

The good old Christie days, Wyness and Dargo out and big Rory up front but surely he proved that sesason he hasn't what it takes to play SPl football.

Fast forward a year and Brew is back, and surely this is where the Rory train wreck ends............but no a new contract! He's got nothing, surely more agree with me. Whenever he comes on the North stand almost dies laughing!

What's the general assumption?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whenever I start to lose faith in McAllister I just go along and watch the reserves and watch as he performs brilliantly and I go back to having that little bit of hope/faith that he will come good in the first team squad.

One thing I will add, and I've said it elsewhere, is that he seems to have strengthened up this season which has vastly improved his holding play. I await with interest the reports on him from fans there this evening to see if that has transferred across to his first team play.

Sadly coming from Skye seeing the reserves is a bit of a begger, but would love to see more of some youngsters and Djebi-Zadi, all I've seen is the Liverpool game and hise second half appearance at Hibs. whats he like?

Sorry but I would rather have Rory as left back than Djebi. Terrible player and staggered we signed him. He spent most of the Arbroath game kicking people into the sky(e) :rotflmao: and trying to give away a penalty. Clumsy beyond belief.

There's clearly talent there but he consistantly fails at SPL level.

Well...shame then that it IS at SPL level we are playing. He consisitantly fails in Legue Cup level also against "smaller teams". In fact, the only time he produces the goods, is in meaningless pre season games against Highland League teams, when the rose tinted spec brigade cream themselves over it.

PUNT HIM NOW and free up a wage. So many ppl cant be wrong over such a long period!

Im wanting the guy to succeed like most im sure but it really is getting close to dark and we'll have to go in soon.

Seriously I think most of his critics (and i've nearly always defended him) would love to eat humble pie and have him bang in a hattrick next week but i thing its very unlikely

Does anyone actually want to comment on where they think he is particularly weak as opposed to the blanket "He's crap" throw away comments which seem to have become fashionable?

I'm not saying he's great or he should be starting every week, I just want to know if my observations from the reserve games is in any way transferring across to first team this season and if there's any sign of improvement.

It's hard to judge on a single game, and a cup game at that, but I just find it bizarre that he can shine so much at reserves and fail so badly when it comes to the crunch...are his downfalls a psychological matter and should we get Johndo on the case?

Does anyone actually want to comment on where they think he is particularly weak as opposed to the blanket "He's crap" throw away comments which seem to have become fashionable?

I'm not saying he's great or he should be starting every week, I just want to know if my observations from the reserve games is in any way transferring across to first team this season and if there's any sign of improvement.

It's hard to judge on a single game, and a cup game at that, but I just find it bizarre that he can shine so much at reserves and fail so badly when it comes to the crunch...are his downfalls a psychological matter and should we get Johndo on the case?

1. His work rate is well below the rest of the teams, seems to give up on 'lost causes' far too early and on occasions jumps for headers with his head tucked into his chest.

2. He used to hold the ball up really poorly, but now well he can keep it, but gets nowhere and misses chances to play a team mate through. Which brings me to point 3.

4. His passing seems terrible, rarely accurate and if his pass goes to the right player it always seems to make him backtrack as the ball was played behind him.

5. His fitness (compared to his team-mates and opponents) is scary, this probably effects his work rate. Back to the Christie days when he started a game he seemed fine but into the second half was sluggish and tired. But couldn;t be subbed as Wooders was too young and Wyness and Dargo were injured.

You only have to look at his Bebo to see what sort of a life he lives off the pitch...that may have something to do with why he is so rubbish in games. Surely enough is enough. He has been in the first team squad for 4 years and he hasn't even reached double figures for goals...if i was gaffer i would have got shot off him ages ago.

You only have to look at his Bebo to see what sort of a life he lives off the pitch...that may have something to do with why he is so rubbish in games. Surely enough is enough. He has been in the first team squad for 4 years and he hasn't even reached double figures for goals...if i was gaffer i would have got shot off him ages ago.

I found his bbo too and all his albums are of him and his mates in abrs, didnt want to bring that up as you'd think i was too sad.........but there's two of us!

Poor Rory was thrown in the deep end by Brewster - and as with a few others Brew decided to stick with him in his usual blind faith style.

The lad simply does not have the pace or movement to make it in the SPL - the more he is played at this level the worse his confidence will become. He simply is either cumbersome or, as is rumoured, not fit enough and possibly not motivated enuff.

We should have kept to playing him at a lower level - if he started scoring on a regular basis and got his fitness levels up he may have had a chance.

Fraid this is his last season at TCS.

I found his bbo too and all his albums are of him and his mates in abrs, didnt want to bring that up as you'd think i was too sad.........but there's two of us!

This is a new one on me. Did you mean bars. Or bras, even?

This is a new one on me. Did you mean bars. Or bras, even?

Bars mainly. Theres a few indecent photos on that i just don't bare mentioning.

Edited by ajsict92

He was an alcoholic like 5 years ago and thats how he got released by Aberdeen, he's always out on the town aswell.

He runs really awkwardly and just doesn't look like a footballer.

He has only scored one SPL goal I think. He's only scored like 4 or 5 cup goals against minor teams.

He should've been out of this club at least in the summer. Waste of wages and deserves all the abuse he gets on the football field.

Waste of wages and deserves all the abuse he gets on the football field.

No-one deserves constant abuse from their own "supporters".

If he isn't up to scratch (and I don't think he is) then he shouldn't be selected, but it's not actually his fault if he's on the field - he isn't going to say "Don't pick me, I'm gash".

Edited by alimci