Interesting psychology

Dont know about the rest of you but Brew played a BIG risk card yesterday and got away with it. :rotflmao:

get_out_of_jail.gif

But I had the best Saturday in a long time sitting in the Glawdys Street watching Everton cruise and listening to ICT cruise - and on the walk to the pub across Stanley Park - the news of the Tinks exit, another Hellgin defeat and then the Red Tawts feck it up at Stoke - and Benites talking more crap than Brewster to the press.

Anyway the Brew Man is making a good psychological formulation quandary.

That was a mighty big bluff yesterday. Sorry but as I have not been on the forum fer a few days - were they injured, rested or hooked ? - Esson, Proctor, Maguire, Black, Imrie.

Dropping Esson is an odd one as I feel he has done well - I have heard rumours that Esson has been mouthing off in training - Mikey will be under immense pressure against Hamilton - unless Brew played him in a Cup Tie ?! - and Mikey often buckles under pressure. Esson or Fraser in Weegieland - Interesting decision !!

Hope Brew has seen sense with Proctor and central defence - cant help but think that Bambi is waiting in the wings for the demise of Rosscoe - which may not be a bad thing.

Glad that he stuck with Granty and I take it that Mihadjuks is rite footed ? - again a risk to play him but I would have to say was it any more of a risk than playing Proctor and Maguire or both ?

Hastings get hooked and I also have always prompted that - I hope that Brew now sees the sense and eventually drops Royster back in there now that he has Gatheussi and Morais - two players who he obviously had an eye over whilst he was at Hibs - and pace is what we have lacked for a long time. Royster should be the first choice left back as we have cover there and Royster can cover any midfield absences.

Black has probably played his last game and that would be a good thing all round - the rift between Brew and Blackie is too deep and has the potential to damage the club - even though I feel Brew is clearly at fault.

I take it that he played Cowie on the rite and Vigurs in central midfield ? The role of Morais intrigues me as I have been advocating such a role for Cowie fer months. Interesting that Cowie is being maintained but he may also blossom if Morais continues. He needs to be played in the wide rite role though.

Still cannot understand his persistence with Barrowman !! I would say that an experienced centre forward - an old fashioned target man - that would suit both Cowie and Morais - is what we still need in this window or I would persevere with Rooney.

Never really rated Imrie and I am reliably informed that he had a huge bust up with Brew and he is out the door.

I reckon Brew is looking to a starting X1 of Fraser, Proctor, Mihadjuks, Munro, McBain, Cowie, Duncan, Vigurs, Ghatuessi, Morais and A.N.Other. (Apart from Fraser I could live with that)

What happened to the other Latvian - Kolesnicenko - he sounded like a Cowie look alike.

So I am a wee bit confussed - With the current team and set up I reckon we can survive and build fer next season ( one centre forward needed) - but I am still concerned - Brew is now beginning to make the signings (in the pointed out problem positions) and playing the system and personnel that we have been crying out fer for months. It is his previous signings that have caused the problems alongside his persistence in playing them.

It is his poor man management skills that have got us in this mess - but now he is getting rid of the dissenters - again a good thing fer the club - but of his making - and who is to say that it isnt going to happen again.

So I march on Hamilton in a much more positive frame of mind - a result next week will undoubtedly secure Brew till the end of the reason - As the result is the most important - then I will take it. Brews performance thereafter will be interesting to watch but if he does blow it then any new manager has the squad to survive.

Dont know about the rest of you but Brew played a BIG risk card yesterday and got away with it. :rotflmao:

get_out_of_jail.gif

Never really rated Imrie and I am reliably informed that he had a huge bust up with Brew and he is out the door.

I heard the same although not that he was out the door just about the bust up, heard he also had big bust up with Duncan yesterday as well

I heard the same although not that he was out the door just about the bust up, heard he also had big bust up with Duncan yesterday as well

Only one feckin winner there - to be honest I never really like the **** since he siad that we were his ticket to the Old Firm - looks more like Infirm now.

Jeez - thought you had been banned or worse incarcerated.... welcome back....oh and a happy new year

Why would I be banned - I am the mods favoured one. :rotflmao: Anyway the mentally ill of Lancashire have needed ma support as have the good guys on the sunny side of Stanley Park.

I dont see anything sinister in dropping Esson yesterday. We have always rested the first choice keeper for cup games. When Ike was the first choice Esson played in CIS cup matches. Now I think Esson is first choice and Ike will get the cup games.

I am sure I seen it somewhere that Esson was carrying a slight knock from the previous week

I dont see anything sinister in dropping Esson yesterday. We have always rested the first choice keeper for cup games. When Ike was the first choice Esson played in CIS cup matches. Now I think Esson is first choice and Ike will get the cup games.

But I have heard that Ryan has been putting his penny worth in and ya know how Brew responds to that - I also found it surprising as Brew was on the knife edge and if Mikey had fecked up then ??

Unless Brew has had assurances from on high ? :rotflmao:

To further your knowledge and understanding of the keeper issue

Mikey had a good game yesterday and made a couple of decent saves.

I rekon the defence is the problem, not the keepers as they are equally decent.

To further your knowledge and understanding of the keeper issue

Mikey had a good game yesterday and made a couple of decent saves.

I rekon the defence is the problem, not the keepers as they are equally decent.

M4tj I would agree with that I think we are lucky with our 2 keepers Mikey is young and will only get better.

"I take it that he played Cowie on the rite and Vigurs in central midfield ?"

Nope. McBain played on the right, Vigurs on the left and Cowie infield.

Thought McBain played well especially cutting in but as the game went on the Partick players sussed this and were forcing him out wide and stopping him passing the ball to his left foot, as he can't cross with his right this took him out the game. A better club will do this for the entire game, I don't understand why he persists with players on the wrong side.

Good to see mikey back, esson is a good goalie and his distribution is better but mine just has the edge on the pure basis that he is a fantastic reaction keeper, and gets downs low well to save.

plus he was responsible for possibly the best moment in football ever with THAT save against 'tic.

Cheers Mikey - or should that "mine" have read "Mike" ? ;) :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: :lol: :015:

Don't think we've had any really "consistent" players this season to be honest. A fact which, in itself, points to the problem not being with individuals.

As has been said numerous times by numerous people...they can't all have turned into crap players at the same time.