FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

"WE'LL KEEP SIGNING"

caleyrule

This is beginning to look like a clear out - but it is beginning to look like the replacements are coming in fer Brews previous signings and his faves. The positives are that these players should be good enuff to keep us in the SPL but they are all coming in on short contracts and what happens in the Summer - The first three are looking to impress (others) - and if they do - they will be going elsewhere - the last two are "journeymen" - good enuff to get you out of a hole but not fer the future.

It would appear that the Board are trying to survive on the basis of the next four months - I will doff my cap and give them all a chance but my major concerns are that this is like putting a plaster on an open wound, this is harm reduction and not future planning and does Brewster have the aptitude to blend them quickly enuff into a team as I suspect that all five will be in the starting line ups in the near future - and at who's expense.

Well - only time will tell !!

By the way - didnt I tell ya all it was Dinning he was after !!

2 or 3 more players would be suffice specially in midfield/striker areas to get more competition for the lads but surely after this has been achieved then the board would say enough is enough wages wise?

One thing for sure is that the team is going to be a very different one that started the season.

I am a bit worried that Brew can take in so many players and get them to blend together so quickly, mind you he couldnt get ones that have been playing together for years to blend so he might do better with a new lot :rotflmao: :thumb04:

It's good too see that talks are continuing with Don Cowie.

Despite all the rumours about rangers, leeds etc etc, I think this is some good news and I seriously hope they secure him on at least a 3 year extention.

Im pretty sure the Cowie - Rangers link will be dead after his woeful display two weeks ago.

Think he could maybe do a job at Charlton or Leeds though.

It's looking more likely that we will have him at least until the end of the season.

A couple of months ago I would have bit your hand off for 6 more months of Cowie in an ICT shirt.

Now I'm not so sure...

I have heard we have signed another centre half from England today (no name as yet) is it my imagination or are we not getting a bit top heavy in the defensive department

Never heard that but apparantly Dinning is being given another weeks trial.

Just got the name, Izzy Iriekpen just released from Scunthorpe, not confirmed that he has signed but the info I was given suggested he was today

We still need a forward, especially if Brewster is not willing to give Rooney a chance. I don't think Morais will be the answer to all of our problems and at the moment, a lot of people seem to be thinking that he is going to dig us out of this hole that we are in.

Dundee United certainly seem in a position to try to tempt us to sell Cowie having just posted a profit in excess of ?800,000.

They did indeed post a profit of ?800k but they still have a debt of ?5.5 million. I don't doubt though that they could make Cowie an attractive offer.

Edited by Kind of Blue