FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

So....

chnwh

In fairness it really couldnt. County and QotS havnt played in the SPL and all the players they have that did are not up to the standerds of ours. Dunfermline have a good team but looking at the two i tink we have better and obviously Dundee will be our biggest challange but they do not have the same SPL experiance in their team as we do.

Your points were as follows:

• We have better players

Highly questionable if we do in fact have better players, especially compared to Dundees squad. Their forward line for example is the kind you assemble in a game of Football Manager (except it's for SFL1). Whilst I am not writing our lads off I am realistic to know that "we have better players" is simply not true.

• a vital mix of young and experianced players

I think you'll find pretty much every team has this in SFL1. How exactly this sets us apart from the other sides and makes us better I don't really know. Would be interested in finding out though.

• we have players that are both new to Scottish football and could intoduce some flair to our game

That's good. I'm sure supporters of SFL clubs will tell you all about the number of "flair players" this division and how well they do :( There are also plenty of players who are new to Scottish football who are going to be facing us next season for other clubs so this point can be applied to others also no?

• also players who have got both SPL and SFL experiance

As with the majority of your points this can be applied to plenty of other teams in our league. What makes our ones so special? What players in our squad have significantly more SPL experience than other teams players? Munro? Tokely? Rooney? Barrowman? SPL experience can be a positive thing to have within the squad, depending how you look at it. Dundee have just as much SPL experience as we do.

I can see your insular bubble bursting in big style over the course of the forthcoming season. My main point is that everything you say that supposedly sets us aside from other teams in our quest to win the title can in fact be applied to just about any other SFL1 club and can certainly be applied to those expected to challenge for the title this year.

I think we will be up there, I think we will challenge and give it a good go but over the course of the season I still think Dundee have too much in their locker and they can improve their team again if they need to due to their cash reserves if things aren't going quite the way they want. That said, maybe the tag of favourties will be a hinderance to them. Let's hope so.

I think that it's good to see a bit of positivity.... especially after last seasons low....

Try hard enough and you can pick holes in any of the sides being talked about, and give a reasonably rational argument why the won't get promoted this year.

The Dundee fans have huge belief (indeed they way they carry on on some of the forums they think they have it already in the bag), this could work to our advantage when they hit bad patches, as the fans wil be totally on their backs..

We need to be positive, but realistic, their will be many ups and downs , but we need too watch we...are not too quick too overtly criticise and do more harm than good.

Edited by kiltarlity

In fairness it really couldnt. County and QotS havnt played in the SPL and all the players they have that did are not up to the standerds of ours. Dunfermline have a good team but looking at the two i tink we have better and obviously Dundee will be our biggest challange but they do not have the same SPL experiance in their team as we do.

• We have better players

Highly questionable if we do in fact have better players, especially compared to Dundees squad. Their forward line for example is the kind you assemble in a game of Football Manager (except it's for SFL1). Whilst I am not writing our lads off I am realistic to know that "we have better players" is simply not true.

I think you'll find pretty much every team has this in SFL1. How exactly this sets us apart from the other sides and makes us better I don't really know. Would be interested in finding out though.

• we have players that are both new to Scottish football and could intoduce some flair to our game

That's good. I'm sure supporters of SFL clubs will tell you all about the number of "flair players" this division and how well they do :( There are also plenty of players who are new to Scottish football who are going to be facing us next season for other clubs so this point can be applied to others also no?

As with the majority of your points this can be applied to plenty of other teams in our league. What makes our ones so special? What players in our squad have significantly more SPL experience than other teams players? Munro? Tokely? Rooney? Barrowman? SPL experience can be a positive thing to have within the squad, depending how you look at it. Dundee have just as much SPL experience as we do.

I can see your insular bubble bursting in big style over the course of the forthcoming season. My main point is that everything you say that supposedly sets us aside from other teams in our quest to win the title can in fact be applied to just about any other SFL1 club and can certainly be applied to those expected to challenge for the title this year.

I think we will be up there, I think we will challenge and give it a good go but over the course of the season I still think Dundee have too much in their locker and they can improve their team again if they need to due to their cash reserves if things aren't going quite the way they want. That said, maybe the tag of favourties will be a hinderance to them. Let's hope so.

You are a rather negative person! I think you need help with that.

Rig's outlook on the season is becoming as grey as the granite thats bombarding him with radon from the leaching uranium within. :(

No RiG is realistic as to the challenge facing ICT this season and is well aware it is not the walk in the park that some seem to think but is looking forward to it all the same ;)

I have no way of backing up my point of view so I am going to resort to insults instead.

Edited by RiG
My abysmal typing.

• We have better players

That's good. I'm sure supporters of SFL clubs will tell you all about the number of "flair players" this division and how well they do :017: There are also plenty of players who are new to Scottish football who are going to be facing us next season for other clubs so this point can be applied to others also no?

having a bad day?

Rig's outlook on the season is becoming as grey as the granite thats bombarding him with radon from the leaching uranium within. :rolleyes:

No RiG is realistic as to the challenging facing ICT this season and is well aware it is not the walk in the park that some seem to think but is looking forward to it all the same :P

I have no way of backing up my point of view so I can am going to resort to insults instead.

I agree with you RiG, a lot of the comments made on here about our team could be said about most of the teams in the league, so with that said i think it's going to be very tough for us indeed and that a lot of fans on here might not realise and be in for a big shock.

I think we have the same chance as anyone else does in the league, but, we must show respect and not underestimate anyone, if we go into this season with the attitude that we will walk this then the outcome will be probably be the complete opposite.

One thing I will say though, with the loss of Black, Vigurs, Morais, Pavel and Cowie and I guess Kerr also, we are definitely not a stronger team this year.

Edited by CaleyP

I think it will be extremely difficult as the league I feel will be just as close as last season and every team is capable of taking points of each other. I feel we have a good enough squad to mount a challenge but so do many other teams.

och dont mention it. Haha aye it wasnt bad actually thanks :rolleyes:

Good good. Do anything exciting? Incidetnally, I assume you live in Dornoch? Lovely wee place. I've got Grandparents who stay just outside the village / town.

I think it will be extremely difficult as the league I feel will be just as close as last season and every team is capable of taking points of each other. I feel we have a good enough squad to mount a challenge but so do many other teams.

Completely agree. Whilst I think Dundee will win the league I don't expect them to walk it. The only sizeable gap will be between whoever finishes in 9th and Livi at the bottom in 10th place.

Edited by RiG
Chatting DornochJAGGIE up.

Anyone who thinks it will be a cake walk has been sitting the last 5 years with SPL blinkers on! Just look back at the last 4 years promotion battles!

It?s a hell of a league and it will be a hell of a scrap..

Can we do it, I don?t honestly know! Even the likes of Morton have a good chance there and they haven?t really spent anything, Dundee they have spent a fortune in SFL1 terms and need to show it wasnt a waste and then the likes of Partick theyre worth a watch too? I just don?t know, We have a fantastic line up and some real talent that if we did go up then I?d like to seem them stay and play in the SPL?. It?s a lottery the First div and you?ve got to be in it to win it!!!

Anyone who thinks its allready a dun deal i'd ask howmuch SFL1 football have they watched in our SPL years....