FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Derek Adams

12th Man

He seems to think that County have an advantage because he has more Scottish players than us and they understand derby games more.

That is like Alec Ferguson hypothetically saying that Man U will have an advantage over Man City because if he had more English players they would understand the derby game more

Adams likes to think he can play mind games. But if that's the best he can come up with then he'd be better off not doing it..

Talking shyte does not constitute mind games. Witty, insightful banter (are we not aliens springs to mind) is. Retard.

Adams likes to think he can play mind games. But if that's the best he can come up with then he'd be better off not doing it..

Talking shyte does not constitute mind games. Witty, insightful banter (are we not aliens springs to mind) is. Retard.

I have a psychology degree and have 3 daughters and a wife... when you have these qualifications, come on here and tell me what is and what is not mind games... idiot!

Edited by kiltarlity

Looks like Adams was right as most of them didn't turn up for yesterday's game....

Division One preview: Inverness CT v Ross County

Aug 29 2009 Alasdair Fraser

Source: Daily Record

TERRY BUTCHER believes Derek Adams is on a different planet if he believes Caley Thistle's English players are not prepared for today's derby.

The Inverness boss accused his rival of talking as if the summer signings had just arrived from outer space.

Butcher brought in four young players from south of the border in the summer - Robert Eagle, Daniel Stratford, Jonny Hayes and Lee Cox.

All have quickly become first-team regulars along with Spaniard Danni Sanchez and Latvian Nauris Bulvitis.

Adams will field 10 Scots and a Northern Irishman as hostilities resume after a fiveyear gap.

The County boss suggested Caley Thistle's new group might well be caught unawares but Butcher hit back:"They are not a bunch of aliens who have just landed in a space rocket.

"They are very much aware of what it means to play for Caley Thistle. :024:

"We've already had some good games. Last week was a massive game at Dundee as was Dunfermline away. We also played Dundee United in preseason when the pace was good and the opposition strong.

"All these factors mean our lads' brief experience in Scot-land has been good preparation for what they will encounter on Saturday.

"Even the aliens who have landed here live in Inverness. They speak to fans and know what it means "There will be enormous passion and noise and a responsibility comes with the expectation.

"But it's still a game of football with 11 against 11.We've looked at their team and how we can beat them.

"It's also a game where the occasion takes over. The players will know what it's all about as soon as they step out there."

Butcher is no stranger to big derby games given his years at Ipswich Town and Rangers.

He added: "Personally, I can't say what the derby will be like because I've never experienced this one. Every one has its own character.

"I've played in a few tasty ones myself but this could be totally different. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

"A lot of our players haven't played in this particular derby before. but the ones who have - like Ross Tokely, Grant Munro, Russell Duncan and Roy McBain - they know what it's all about." But the problem is they weren't playing Tel :023:

He seems to think that County have an advantage because he has more Scottish players than us and they understand derby games more.

That is like Alec Ferguson hypothetically saying that Man U will have an advantage over Man City because if he had more English players they would understand the derby game more

Yes, and if Sir Alex Ferguson said that (and thanks for comparing us to Manchester United in your analogy by the way :024: ) he would, like Derek Adams, have a point.

Guest SPECKY

I have a psychology degree and have 3 daughters and a wife... when you have these qualifications, come on here and tell me what is and what is not mind games... idiot!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Get You!

Edited by The Mantis
Once again, personal abuse

Interesting point of view because in parallel terms, various managers and directors at ICT have had considerable qualifications when it comes to running a football team or a company, but that doesn't seem to have deterred certain individuals from coming on here and telling them the apparent error of their ways.

Kiltarlity I like your style.

I am hoping that you will never tell the Scarlet Pimple what you think of his personality in case you engender a male crisis but you can email me any time since I STILL cannot fathom him out ... he's about as convoluted and opinionated as a corkscrew on acid, sigh. Every time he orders up a new head he sidles up to me and says...: "daddy will you screw it on for me please, sometimes I can't get the thread started just right and it really ruins my day!"

I mean ..C.mon....!

Anyway,kindest regards and your credentials are impressive ! :lol:

Daddy Pimpernel

• 2 months later...

Interesting point of view because in parallel terms, various managers and directors at ICT have had considerable qualifications when it comes to running a football team or a company, but that doesn't seem to have deterred certain individuals from coming on here and telling them the apparent error of their ways.

Sorry Charles cannot agree, define "qualifications" and surely you should be an advocate of free speech... everyone is entitled to ther own opinion, that is what this forum is for!!

I have three degrees and foresight - I agree with Mr Adams to a degree - I dont think that it is about the nationality but I truly feel that some ICT players on Saturday were not prepared for a derby style atmosphere and game played in the tight Tinkerville ground. They took us by surprise and then rested on their laurels. We simply were NOT up fer it.

Great! You have both the theoretical and the practical cornered there, and believe me I know.

And what about the other halp gordy...................I see the mighty Adams team could not dispose of Ayr.....well not like we did.........

10 man Ayr from 60 minutes no less.

Edited by themann4thejob
Abusive content removed

Great! You have both the theoretical and the practical cornered there, and believe me I know.

I thought this post was long deid! Actually, if Kiltarlity had read the post, we were both saying the same thing, i.e. that DA's mind games werenae up to much.I stick to that. BTW, I respect your intellect and fertility friend, but mine? I'll keep that to myself.