Barry Wilson

The 'abuse' was no worse than any other footballer who cheats to get another player sent off would get anywhere else.

You cheat - the opposition fans will call you a cheat regardless of who you are or where you played before.

ict123, you were not at the game, the fans gave the team fantastic backing and support so lay off insulting those who spent time and money to travel and support the team.

Wilson will always be an ICT legend, regardless of exploits at other clubs. Like the support, Barry's heart will always be ICT and I'll give him full support when he does return.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres the deal, Our last home game we sang more songs for Wyness than our own team even after only a few second on the park when wyness set up the first goal he still got songs sung, Bazza didnt get a game that day and im pritty sure that if he did have a run out he would have had the same welcome as wyness, so why is it at the away game... the dont seem to be respected or wanted.. boo'd and the likes?? would it have been the same if wyness had scored.. would he get stick and a horrendis hard time for that goal??

would it have been the same if wyness had scored.. would he get stick and a horrendis hard time for that goal??

Sure. He got booed when he first came with Hearts. They are integral parts of our history but we should be able to boo the opposition. Doesn't mean we should spit on them in the street or continue after the game. It's just a sport. I'm pretty sure Phil Neville tries his hardest against Man U but he'll probably end up supporting them when all's said and done.

Barry Wilson didn't lose us 2 points. We did that ourselves by not scoring more goals and being undisciplined. Brewster got rid of Barry and he now makes a living elsewhere, we all have to eat. It would be great if he ended up back with us in any capacity. Fans should have been singing Barry Wilson - you're a legend, you're a legend. Barry Wilson - you're an awesome gent. Not what they were actually spouting!

Heres the deal...........the problem was that Barry got a fantastic reception from our fans when he came on and they were chanting the Barry Wilson on our wing ditty............unfortunately the banter went awry when he was tripped and Foran was the fall guy (red card and all that). A little touch of alcohol helped to loosen some throats and the rest is history, like Barry. The guys were just winding him up after that and trying to outdo each other, nothing malicious, just a bit of gamesmanship if you can call it that. Me, I kept quiet, not my scene to verbal one of our legends, on the other hand, I would not participate in the Barry on our wing ditty for the very reason that it went pear shaped.

It was as if the "fans " were waiting for Barry to do something controversial as there chants about him seemed a little bit planned , seemed to be Aberdeen accents as well !

There were no chants planned against Barry Wilson. Indeed he was cheered before and when he went onto the pitch and Barry Wilson songs were sung up till Forans challenge. Even as he was challenged by Foran a chant was starting in his honour. But as the challenge resulted in us going to 10 men some fans obviously were not happy chappies. All ended up well. Barry stopped to discuss the situation as he left the ground with some fans, and everyone are friends again. It was all just heat of the moment stuff.

Still a legend

It was as if the "fans " were waiting for Barry to do something controversial as there chants about him seemed a little bit planned , seemed to be Aberdeen accents as well !

I was one of the small band of fans who gave Wilson pelters for doing what he done for us on many occasions by leaving his leg out to bait Foran.

I knew every person there and not one of them had an Aberdeen accent! All from Inverness apart from one girl who is from Lerwick. Of course alcohol was to blame for us maybe going over the top a bit but it wasn't planned and we were winding him up more than anything and it worked because Wilson told me after the game that he was devastated and couldn't concentrate on the game which i didn't fully believe :023:

At the end of the day the sun goes down and Wilson is still an ICT legend, we only had 50+ fans there on Saturday, had it been in Inverness i think Barry's free pints in Inverness would dry up quickly.

Just been looking at some video Mrs dude took and I think I need to apologise to the guys round where I was, Man4, Mantis, Wanderer etc and the guys behind us, and of course Barry Wilson. I didn't realise I was such a potty mouth :023: Sorry guys, I'll be on my best behaviour next time... honest.

Here is the Foran "foul" on Barry Wilson.

Looks a blatant foul from that video. Maybe not a booking though but that was the refs decision.

Looks like Foran did get to ball however refs descision is final :lol:

Here is the Foran "foul" on Barry Wilson.

Looks a blatant foul from that video. Maybe not a booking though but that was the refs decision.

Looks like Foran did get to ball however refs descision is final :lol:

Think you'll find the referee's decision(s) were something else beginning with F!

He wasn't moonlighting at Hamilton yesterday, was he?

I still believe he got the ball and am sticking to it. As people have said, Barry did what Barry does, leave his foot in, fall like the panto villian and moan and claim the foul. He has done it for years to great effect for ICT. More of a worry is that I have started to speak Aberdonian. Must lay of the Tiger Beer!

Just been looking at some video Mrs dude took and I think I need to apologise to the guys round where I was, Man4, Mantis, Wanderer etc and the guys behind us, and of course Barry Wilson. I didn't realise I was such a potty mouth :lol: Sorry guys, I'll be on my best behaviour next time... honest.

Hope not...it was good to meet you DD!

Barry made a meal of the tackle. End of story. He probably didn't imagine it would get the player tackling him sent off but equally he probably didn't know it was RF on his heels or that the player tracking him was already on a yellow. It was instinctive and I've applauded him 100 times before for doing the exact same thing in ICT colours. Fair play.

I was watching Barry fairly closely as the 'banter' unfolded from our little patch afterwards. He was shaking his head during a lot of it and as has been said I think it did put him off. Some of his crosses/passes were just plain sh!te thereafter and definitely out of character.

I'd say the chanting fell on the side of reasonable behaviour and helped subdue at least one QoS threat that might have ended up costing us more points.

His body language at the end was fascinating. I think he wanted to come over to the stand where we were - he was almost the last player off the pitch - but settled for a 'what can I do?' shrug before leaving.

GJ's account of his meeting him after makes interesting reading. What a bind the poor lad must have been in.

Regime change at ICT will come sooner or later. I'm not going to speak for the 100 or so at Palmerston but nothing happened there that put me off the idea of Barry returning to ICT in a senior non-playing capacity.

Once a legend, still a legend.