FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

MERGED: Rooney Transfer ???

TopSix

It seems he wouldn't be allowed to sign fior Wolves but stay at Dundee, but I'm not sure if its because of SFL rules or Dundee's signing ban.

But if Dundee need the transfer fee now and Wolves don't need the player until next season, perhaps they could buy and loan him to us?!

• Agree 1

It seems he wouldn't be allowed to sign fior Wolves but stay at Dundee, but I'm not sure if its because of SFL rules or Dundee's signing ban.

But if Dundee need the transfer fee now and Wolves don't need the player until next season, perhaps they could buy and loan him to us?!

Why buy a player you don't need?

Why buy a player you don't need?

:offtopic01:

Back on topic - if Dundee can only expect 100K for Griffiths how much can ICT expect for Rooney? Max 200K I would have thought.

I am though now starting to think it is highly possible this may end up in another pre-contract agreement. The player stays at ICT and the buying club has no transfer fee involved just more to spend on a nice signing on fee for the player.

I am not in favour of this. If we can get a decent offer in then I think it is the better option for both the player and club for obvious reasons.

On a plus note - with all the focus on Rooney and due to his injury it has meant that there has been no speculation about Hayes's future at the moment.

Posted this on the Leigh Griffiths thread as 150K is a bargain in my opinion but makes an interesting comparison for Rooney evaluation also - I guess Scottish League strikers are just seen as cheap buys....

Adam Hammill (500K) to Wolves?

Age 22

Career Appearances 94

Goals 5

Leigh Griffiths (150K) to Wolves?

Age 20

Career Appearances 103

Goals 46

Adam Rooney (???K) to ????

Age 22

Career Appearances 141

Goals 53

The "turn-down" is hopefully another indication that Inverness Caledonian Thistle is maturing into a top club that insists on receiving fair market value for their star players and are no longer willing to roll over and die with their tongues hanging out as soon as a nice wee bid comes in.

All things considered, there seems to be no reason why Adam could not be expected to attract bids of up to 200,000 pounds.

Now, if The Russian club really wanted to up their bid they could also ask for Jonny to support Adam and then what? AAARgh

Otherwise I am certain that it would be reasonable to assume that there is plenty wealth behind that club. Many of the rebellious oil kings in that area have been dispossessed for not playing ball with the rulers and their oil interests taken-over and handed out to pals of the Government. Meanwhile said oil persons are in jail --one for 15 years, I saw recently .Jeez!

Hang inthere Terry and get what you and the club are entitled to. :smile:

Big decisions ahead both for the club and young Mr Rooney.

Do we say no to the cash and hope that retaining Adam will help us in securing as high a league finish as possible? Where, allowing for Adam's wages and the differential in place payments, would we need to finish to justify this risk? 5th instead of 7th? (Awaits Scotty or CD with an arithmetical formula thumbup.gif) If the club take the risk and it backfires will we hammer them? Is a bird in the hand really worth two in the bush? How big is the bush and is it well maintained?

For Adam, can he really say no to a deal worth (allegedly) ?10k per week? Is compromise in lifestyle worth the extra cash? Is the Russian league the next "place to be"? Is he prepared to take the risk that his form will be continued and other opportunities will come his way in the future? Can he risk an injury without the security of the ?10k pay packet?

For me, the club need to negotiate as hard as the can for as much as they can which includes squeezing Stoke's percentage down if possible and making the player wave any right to a share. I'm pretty certain he's off and would rather take the cash now than risk nothing.

As for Adam, if I was in his shoes, I'd be off if the offer we hear is true. Two seasons or even six months failure and a huge pay off, he is made for life. If we are all being brutally honest how many of us would/could say no?

• Agree 1

Some good advice from Pele HERE

And he talked Rossco out of a move to Turkey!

Would be interesting to know what Tokes view is now on not taking up the offer? Is he happy with the very long and successful career he continues to enjoy or does he regret missing out on the big money?

Is this actucaly true? Am still in shock after reciving a txt from a mate!

Its been picked up elsewhere .... but whether the report is true or just a hoax is up to you to decide. :ponder:

http://www.sportingo.com/football/a17705_inter-milan-make-shock-move-rooney

On another note ... John Rooney (the younger brother of Wayne) has just signed for New York Red Bulls