FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT Join Race For Andy Jackson

Another rumour i have heard whispered is the iminent bid of ICT for St.Johnstone's young striker Andy Jackson.

He has had an impressive season for the Saints, also getting his first cap for the Irish under-18 team.  This has led to interest from around the country including from Burnley, who ex-mentor Owen Coyle is currently in charge of, as well as a number of other English sides.

With ICT currently in the market for 2 new strikers, i am sure they would be delighted to sign a talented up-and-coming striker  apart from Rory Mcallister. :023: :023:

Also, with Jackson plying his trade in Perth and his family, I'm assuming, living in Falkirk, there should be no problems persuading him up to Inverness. :022:

Good buy??? :024: :024:

Even if we don't sell Niculae, Brew should have a good budget.  Aftr all he is looking for at least 2 new players and has gotten rid of Denzil, Watt, McDonald and McCaffery so he should have a flexible enough wage budget.

Probably getting paid more with the saints than he would with us, such is football, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind playing at Ibrox and Easter Road compared to Victoria Park or a half-empty Almondvale.

Jackson will definitely not be getting more at Saints. He's on a youth contract there.

Watt was on loan so was subsidised.

With Barrowman + 1 more we should be ok for strikers. We have a few on our own youth books that could come through.

We need to spend what money there is available on shoring up our defence and on a No2 keeper.

Guff on Jackson from Saints site:

Andy Jackson

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Falkirk born striker who made a few reserve team appearances in 2004/05 and netted a couple of goals.

Came onto the club's groundstaff at the start of 04/05 but found himself involved quickly - he made his first team debut in just the second league game of the season when he came on as a sub against QOS.

Andy impressed many with his performances at reserve team and Under 19 level that season where he found the back of the net with regularity and his goals went a long way to securing the Under 19 League Championship for Saints.

Further involvement in the first team from the bench followed in the spring and he was given a two-year deal for 05/06 and 06/07 and prior to the transfer deadline he went on loan to Cowdenbeath where he had a successful spell before being recalled at the start of January, making his first league appearance of the season for Saints as a substitute in the New year game v Dundee. However, Owen Coyle was keen to see Andy continue to develop and he went on loan again to Forfar Athletic for the remainder of the season.

He remained at Perth throughout the 06/07 campaign, featuring from the bench on a number of occasions and has signed a one year deal to take him through 2007/08. After some impressive performances coming off the bench in the opening few games Andy was rewarded with a start against Ross County in the Challenge Cup and scored his first senior goal for Saints in the 2-0 win and followed that up a couple of weeks later with his first league goal in the 2-2 draw at Morton.

Continued impressive form in the first quarter of the season saw him rewarded with a two year extension to his contract.

Andy made his international debut for the Republic of Ireland recently when he played in two Under 18 friendlies, both against Malta and has since added to those caps.

LEAGUE RECORD

St Johnstone

2004/2005 0 (6) 0

2005/2006 0 (3) 0

2006/2007 0 (6) 0

2007/2008 27 (7) 14

Jackson is just the player we need.  He would almost be like Dargo but a bit taller and a better all-round player.

Anyone else hear we have signed a ytouth player called Porter just released from Rangers?  Read it a minut ago from the Sunday Mail.

What age is he??

he could be good!!

I hope brew will let him play!!

Haven't seen this boy play but I have heard a lot of good things about him so he could prove to be a good signing although if Burnley want him I think he would go down there.

Jackson will definitely not be getting more at Saints. He's on a youth contract there.

No he isn't. He is their top goal scorer and player of the season - there is no chance he will be on a youth deal. Indeed, as I have said, he signed a new deal last season to take him through to 2010. Saints could easily be looking for ?100k for him.

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST

And then in the courier just 3 days later.

I speak the truth, Andy Jackson will be playing for ICT next season!!!

tokelyisvictorious, soothsayer.  :021:

strange as the article above about nicalue says jackspon wants to stays at st j another year

We'll see, we'll see.  What Jackson says and what Jackson does are two different things....

Trust me, my words have no shadows  :tic01: :tic01: :014:

He won't be coming to ICT. If he does move from Perth then it will be to a much better positioned SPL team or a Chamionship team.

• 6 months later...