FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Suggest a replacement

Alex MacLeod

Bruce Rioch ? Kevin Keegan ? Alan Curbishly? Neil Warnock ? Terry Butcher ? maybe Ian MacCall. But definately not Craig Brown, Richard Gough, John Collins or Jimmy orange Calderwood.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ian McCall would be my personal choice with John Robertson not far behind him in second place.

other options would include: Paul Lambert, Gordon Chisholm (possibly), Craig Brown, Barry Wilson, Billy Dodds, Kevin MacDonald (Villa no.2 not Burnley player), Paul Hegarty and so on... the list is endless.

At the moment i am sattisfied with Brew but if we don't finish in top 6 or get to a cup final i will change my opinion.

"Billy Dodds"...am i hearing you right...surely you have seen the post on him, the man hates us and WANTS us to go down, so for that he can f*ck right off....it would break my withering heart if he goes anywhere near my beloved ICT

Guest WynessLegend

Based on the (lack of) responses so far, the apparent conclusion is that Brewster is the best man for the job.

I wouldn't say so. I think that there are no obvious candidates to replace him for those who want him out. It hardly proves to the "Happy Clappers" that they are right and Brewster is the right man for the job. He will be judged on performances and results. Not whether people on an internet forum can suggest a suitable replacement.

Can we have a bit of self moderation from the moderator.

I object to supporters of Brewster being referred to as "happy clappers" on this site.

Now ...... how about suggestions for a replacement Moderator when RiG is booted out?

WL - it would appear that a number of posters backing Brewster are the same ones who seem to find very little in anything the club do and (arguably) fall into the "Happy Clapping" group. As for the 2nd part of your post - oh dear :rotflmao:

Guest WynessLegend

If we ever did reach the stage where a new manager should be considered I agree that Robbo would be the ideal choice.

Without Robbo we would not have made the SPL.

He had no real choice when he left for the Hearts' job and to hold that against him is ridiculous.

(He might have to curb his drinking a bit though.)

Until that time Brew has earned our full backing.

Until that time Brew has earned our full backing.

At this moment in time brewster is doing fine. We haven't really ever done much better, he gets the team fit and wsa an intelligent player. Give the man a break. BAS-Brew Appreciation society

Sitting fourth in the league, the team seems to be working well together (mostly) we've finally stopped the hoofball (mostly), and people are still discussing a new manager????? :thumb04: :rotflmao:

How much better do you want it?

I'm pretty sure the thread was started in a tongue in cheek fashion to ask the "Boo Boys" who they want as manager. I've said it before and I'll say it again, after one poor performance we have people saying he's not good enough then after one good performance we have the other camp saying that he is the right man for the job. It will be a real to and fro season i think.

And I started the thread with, as RiG say's, tongue firmly in cheek. From the list thats been produced so-far I dont see anyone who could do the job any better than the man in the seat at the minute. And that includes Colin Henry.

At the end of the day, for 90 minutes on a saturday, its the players who are performing. Tactics can be discussed before the kick off but once they are out on the field its them playing the game. When they play as a team it works well. The ball stays on the ground and they can beat anyone. When they dont start playing as a team, and they're under the cosh, panic sets in and the long ball appears. On saturday I watched each and every player on the field play football together as a team. They played for each other. Some stood out more than others but there were no prima donna's. The skill that Craig Brewster or anyone else needs is to get that sort of performance right every week.

At the beginning of the season I said I would watch how Brew builds a team, watch how they perform and see where we are after 22 games. I will then decide whether or not I think he's the right person for the job. If that makes me a happy clapper then so be it. But if anyone see's me unhappy after a game they will also see I am not clapping.

And just to add...............10 points from the first 7 games on the season is the best we've ever achieved. Is that not progress?

Edited by Alex MacLeod

As a critic of Brewster's I have to say that the start we've made to the season is better than I would have thought.

A few more points on the board and a place in the CIS Cup semi finals and I might even become a convert although I do remain concerned about his general man management skills.