ICT sign Richard Byrne

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Based in Aberdeen for a while I had the opportunity to see Richard Byrne first hand on many occasions. Although not a favourite with the Aberdeen fans, in my opinion, he is the kind of player every team could do with. Why? He always gives 100%- even when he misplaced a pass and was getting abuse from certain setions of the crowd he wouldn't hide on the pitch and gave his all. He has character by the bucketload and I for one think he's a good signing. Plus-and this is FACT -He is as hard as nails and makes even Tokely look like a jellyfish when it comes to 50/50 challenges. If he gain regain the consistency he displayed at Dunfermline he will be an asset. Could end up being a cult hero.

All the best Richie!

Has to be better back-up for Hastings than Djebi-Zadi.

Is he still here? FFS! :rotflmao:

He played the first half against Partick, but was entertaining for all the wrong reasons.

had to be taken off at half-time really.

After his performance I was hoping he may be gone, from other threads he's availabl for loan but that may just be a rumour.

Dargo was very injury prone before he joined us. It does not follow that Byrne will recover from his hamstring problems but he is another International Player. If he gets over his injury spell, he is a good player.

It is unfair to say he is better than Lionel. Lionel can only do one thing at once. If the ball is coming towards him it is the player or ball he follows. If the ball goes in a different direction he does not know what to do. He will stand in space looking lost under Brew or Malky tell him what to do next. When Grant tells him to go over the half way line his eyes light up but unfortunately someone has to shout and tell him to come back so that Roy can revert to his proper position. He will do well at Elgin.

Byrne is way better than that and if our physios can sort him out he will be a very good acquisition and perhaps provide good company for Rooney.

Just cannot believe this signing, don't rate him at all. Can remember Barry Wilson running him ragged in our two semi ties with Dunfermline and wound my son up when he signed for the Dons.

He vindicated my warning on many occassions (when he was actually fit) with his biggest problem being severe lack of pace. Tracking back he makes Rossco look like Alan Wells.

If this is the "quality" January Window signings we have to look forward to god help us.

Sorry but this guy is utter sh.ite. Turned to GCB at Pars semi-final and suggested he was possibly the worst player I had ever seen in the flesh. If ever there was a signing which illustrated the cluelessness of Brewster this is it.

Post Partick optimism has evaporated....

Always thought he was pants, but not as pants as Lionel so, I never thought I would say this, but signing Byrne does in fact improve our squad. Stinks of jobs for the boys again though, same with this Dinning lad... That said hope they both prove me wrong.

Meant to be decent at centre back but can't say I'm impressed with this signing. We just signed a left / right back in Gathuessi so why get another? Unless he wil be played at centre back.

But we need this striker!